Disney changed our FP+....Interesting.

MicroBeta

6equj5 WOW!
I got an email 1:30pm this afternoon from WDW letting us know that our 10:30-11:30 FP+ form Kali River Rapids is no longer available and was changed to 10:40-11:40.

A ten minute change is pretty weird but it doesn't really effect our plans so no biggie.

Ah, but wait there's more!

I got a second email at 4:03pm letting us know that our 10:30-11:30 FP+ form Kali River Rapids is no longer available...which the first email already told us. "As a replacement" they gave us Primeval Whirl at 9:40-10:40.

In the end our Kali River Rapids shifted by ten minutes and for the inconvenience (I'm assuming) they gave us an extra FP+ for the day. A little pixie dust our way I guess. :)

Has anyone ever have such a small (10 minute) change by Disney in a fastpass after you've already booked? I wonder why they would have such a small shift in time. It's not as if the ride is closed and they had to cancel the FP.

Has anyone ever been given an arbitrary ride seemingly for no reason. Interesting. :D

Mike

EMAIL #1
krr.jpg

EMAIL #2
whril.jpg

I kind of wonder if the first email was a mistake and that Kali should always have been replaced by Primeval Whirl? Otherwise I can't think of why they would change you for 10 minutes!

They changed mine from 10:15 to 1:30.... which really doesn’t work for me :/

Last edited:

Hmmmm I wonder if they are delaying that specific ride's opening time! Because it is a water ride maybe?
It is posted in MDE as opening at 9:30 when there is a park opening of 9:00 for both 11/26 and 12/3 and most of Oct and Nov(I didn't check the rest of Dec). So it is possible that has something to do with it but it doesn't really make sense. They would have to move the 9am to 9:25 am FP's. I am not sure why that would affect everyone else. Just wondering if this has happened to multiple people during this time frame.

It doesn't really make sense...especially since it says PW is a replacement...not an extra FP for inconvenience. I guess I still wouldn't be surprised if Kali disappeared completely??

I got an email today too! It changed our Kali FP on 10/14 from 7 PM to 5 PM. I can live with it.

I got 3 of those emails today. We had Kilimanjaro safari at the end of the day on two different days. The first one was no longer available and they gave us an earlier time. — during our Tiffans dinner. The second noght they did the same thing - moved the fast pass to an earlier and also gave us a finding Nemo show fast pass. I bet they are changing the hours of animal kingdom when we will be there - closing earlier.

I got 3 of those emails today. We had Kilimanjaro safari at the end of the day on two different days. The first one was no longer available and they gave us an earlier time. — during our Tiffans dinner. The second noght they did the same thing - moved the fast pass to an earlier and also gave us a finding Nemo show fast pass. I bet they are changing the hours of animal kingdom when we will be there - closing earlier.
Which date did you have FPs moved?

What time were your FP's for originally? I have a theory. I have looked at posted park hours for mid Oct to first week Dec and they have not changed. I then looked at the hours posted for Kali and Kilimanjaro. Kali seems to run 9:30-7:30 when the park is open 9:00-8:00. Kilimanjaro is 9:00-7:45 in Oct then 9:00-7:30 and then finally in late Nov 9:00-6:15 with park hours of 9:00-8:00. It seems that Disney is reducing the hours of these rides. It could also affect other rides in Animal Kingdom since I noticed Dinosaur doesn't start till 9:30 on 11/26 which is the day we will be there. I don't know if this is a cost savings measure or for some other reason. This is only a theory so take it for what it is worth.

What time were your FP's for originally? I have a theory. I have looked at posted park hours for mid Oct to first week Dec and they have not changed. I then looked at the hours posted for Kali and Kilimanjaro. Kali seems to run 9:30-7:30 when the park is open 9:00-8:00. Kilimanjaro is 9:00-7:45 in Oct then 9:00-7:30 and then finally in late Nov 9:00-6:15 with park hours of 9:00-8:00. It seems that Disney is reducing the hours of these rides. It could also affect other rides in Animal Kingdom since I noticed Dinosaur doesn't start till 9:30 on 11/26 which is the day we will be there. I don't know if this is a cost savings measure or for some other reason. This is only a theory so take it for what it is worth.
Wouldn't doubt it one bit. Bean counters at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!