Disney Cats

Lumiéreconditiining

Baron Von Lumiére de Nantes
Just a random thought, why do you guys think Cats are always villains in Disney films (pre-1967, thanks Michael Eisner!)? Food for thought.

Again, minor characters. Why no cat in the main role? Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Horace and Clarabel for goodness sakes but no cats?

I am still wrestling with the realization that Big Pete is a cat. He was definitely the bad guy too. I always thought he was a dog, or generally the same species as Goofy, so whatever that is.

I doubt it was anything deliberate on the parts of the filmmakers. As we have shown, minor characters that were not bad guys were cats. I guess they just didn't have roles for them. It's probably just because I believe more people like dogs, and cats are necessarily adversarial to dogs (and mice). I love the Siamese cats from Lady and the Tramp, and I guess they are kinda bad guys (or creepy at any rate). I'm sure that overall Disney likes cats just fine though.

Last edited:
d650700fed3734cf4cd763d6cba65b07.jpg

Seems about 50/50 to me... (but I haven't counted).

We've may have something perhaps with Tigger, although he's arguably not a cat since he's the only one. He was also created by A.A. Milne, so I'm not sure he counts. Donald Duck, why no Cleetus Cat?

It seems like maybe Disney was partial to dogs.

Although The Aristocats had an awful lot of hero cats. Not just one, but practically an entire cast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter