Disney Bounding as adults?

Victoriasponge

Mouseketeer
Hi all

I'm considering buying a fun red spotty dress (a la Minnie Mouse) to wear on a MK day during our visit this December. However, I'm not exactly in my 20s anymore (cough...40...cough), I'll be there with my boyfriend, no kids, and I'm just wondering if I might look a bit tragic? :o

I know, if I want to, I should feel free to wear my dress and enjoy it...but I wondered how many of you guys that are over say 35 go in for Disney Bounding?

Feel free to share pics too :-)

Absolutely...go for it! Disney bounding is so much fun for all ages! My family and I (many of us are over...cough...40...cough) and we love to come up with ideas for outfits.

Some characters that we have bounded as: Minnie, Dory, Elsa, Mad Hatter, Merida, Esmerelda, Rapunzel, Daisy, Cinderella, Snow White, Pinocchio, Ariel, Sid, Hannah, Sally and Janie.

Go for it and have fun!

Hi all

I'm considering buying a fun red spotty dress (a la Minnie Mouse) to wear on a MK day during our visit this December. However, I'm not exactly in my 20s anymore (cough...40...cough), I'll be there with my boyfriend, no kids, and I'm just wondering if I might look a bit tragic? :o

I know, if I want to, I should feel free to wear my dress and enjoy it...but I wondered how many of you guys that are over say 35 go in for Disney Bounding?

Feel free to share pics too :-)

I’m 38 and jokingly call myself a geriatric goth, so I’ll just tell you what I tell everyone who asks me if I’m worried what people think: the kind of folks who would judge you for it are folks whose opinions aren’t worth anything. Do what makes you happy, life is too short to wring your hands worried about the small minded. I don’t let them pay rent in my head. Have fun! Wear the pretty dress!

Last edited:

I'll be 60 next year. I Disbound with gusto! I just wear my regular clothes with a pair of ears and coordinating accessories. There is no mistaking my intention on any given day. I have to add that my "Normal" everyday clothes are not exactly tame, so they lend well with theming.

Disney of all places is a great place to do this and at any age!! So fun! It is hard to stop worrying about what others will thing, it took me a lot of work to get there! Practice makes perfect, though. The more you push yourself outside your comfort zone the more comfortable you'll become.

Thank you all for your lovely encouragement 😀 I’ve just ordered bright yellow shoes to complete my outfit. Definitely going for it 😁
I have found that by just using my normal clothes and augmenting with Ears and accessories, I dress much cheaper than buying the latest crappy t-shirt! Your bright yellow shoes are probably cheaper than a Spirit jersey and will provide a lot more visual pop.

As an example for me, I wear purple jeans, blue top and black kimono with Ursula ears and a lavender "shell purse" that I ordered from e-bay for $5 (came from China). Another one is Aurora, which I wear pink jeans, a lighter pink top, a white kimono, Aurora Ears and Aurora purse that I got from Disney Online for $8. That's just a few, but I have about 15 Disbound outfits that were easy to put together and cheaper than buying the latest Disney gear. The attached photo is me last month for SWGE. My daughter bought the Ears for me for my birthday the week before and told me I needed to send her a pic of me Disbounding with the new Miss Piggy Ears. This was what I came up with from just going through my closet. I had so many people comment on it and I had a blast!

Attachments

• IMG_6183.JPG
    IMG_6183.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 84
I'm in my 30s and only just found out this is a thing and I am SO MAD I DIDN'T KNOW BEFORE because I definitely would have done it!!! Next time for sure!!!! I think the ways 'bounders dream up to represent characters in the most subtle ways is so clever, so if you have the vision definitely go for it! (OK I'm done with the exclamation points now, I swear.)

I (middle aged lady) dressed for my 4-parks-in-a-day adventure like Phineas Flynn in an orange striped T, dark blue capris, black socks and black & white sneakers. Went to meet Phineas & Ferb at DHS and they LOVED me! I told them it was my outfit from their "Summer All the Time" fashion collection (an episode) and they were so excited. I've never had so many hugs and kisses from a character. I love those boys.

OP, you will see people of all ages at WDW dressed all sorts of ways and having fun. That's part of the magic!

Here's my initial Flynn Rider Disneybound. I think I'll switch out the undershirt to a v-neck. Sorry for the sideways pick but I guess camera/disboards is weird with portrait orientation.

Attachments

• 20191011_211614.jpg
    20191011_211614.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 23

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter