Disney blues

Hayhay

Earning My Ears
Hey I’ve got the Disney blues! It’s awful! I know that it sounds like a first world problem and I know I’m lucky I had the chance to go but omg I’m so down now! I googled it and come across this site and thought people on here would understand!
I had the most amazing time ever!! I truly did!! Experienced both Halloween and Christmas. Spent quality time with family and friends, who are basically family anyway. I think that’s what it is with my blues the most. Enjoying that quality time with my special people and it’s now over. I do get to see them but when you’re with them 24/7 for 16 days and then everyone goes their separate ways, it’s like oh it’s over now!
I miss it all. I know people say to book another trip, which we’re looking into doing but not til 2021!
Looking at photos and listening to the music makes me teary but I’d like to think that’s happy tears but then sad cos I miss it!
I sound crazy but I just wanted to see if anyone gets it like I do

I (and most everybody on here) totally understand!!

It is real rough coming back! The planning of a next trip is my number one tip. Anyway you could swing an earlier trip, even if it was shorter, such as 4 days?

I find the sadness looking at photos and listening to music goes away after a few weeks, and then it changes to happiness!

I went 3 times in the past year and live with the Disney blues! Even with trips planned in 2019 I am sad that I will miss the holidays this time!!

It is real rough coming back! The planning of a next trip is my number one tip. Anyway you could swing an earlier trip, even if it was shorter, such as 4 days?
I’d love to but living in the UK makes it harder and 4 days wouldn’t be enough. We always book 2 weeks to get the most of the experience as we can! I’d love to be able to visit more often like that.

It’s easier to get to DLP for 4 days but it’s not the same

i know the feeling! I found some great Disney Vloggers on Youtube to watch, and imagine i am going along with them for the day :) (tim tracker is one of my favorite, and ThisOrlandoLife)

After we got back in Nov 2017, we were also not going to go back again until 2021, but my H surprised us with a trip for 4 days this coming up February. then we really wont go back until 2021 :/ he wants to keep us on the every other year trend :)

I bought music from the parks (mostly rides) and a few songs from the old movies (When You Wish Upon a Star and things like that) and I listen to it when I need to remember those happy days

Listening to music from the Parks via YouTube helps get me my fix. But I miss going at the holidays so much that I won't even watch the Christmas shows on tv because it makes me sad. So, Hayhay, I'm right there with ya!

You are not alone! We are all definitely right there with you! I find when I've just gotten back from a Disney trip, listening to Disney theme park music and watching videos from the parks just makes me miss it more. For a while, at least, I need to focus on Disney or Pixar movies, especially the classics that I loved growing up, to remind me that my love of Disney came from those movies first, and I can enjoy the movies anywhere, anytime. It makes home feel just a little bit more magical.

I also stock up on goodies from the parks when I'm there: packaged snacks, mystery pin sets, glow cubes, etc. that I can dig into whenever I need a Disney parks boost at home. It's silly, but having my drink with a glow cube or opening a mystery pin set at home brings back the feeling of the parks just a little.

I do the opposite of most I guess and avoid these sites, music etc. until I have another trip within site.

I get the Disney blues something awful. After my first trip at the end of September 2017 I was so upset that I wasn't still there that I booked another trip for March, then I booked one for September. I had gifted my husband a cruise for Christmas 2017 and we went in November 2018 and I managed to book 2 nights at Disney ahead of it. I have another trip planned for August and December but if I could find a way I'd go tomorrow

I’m sure almost everyone can relate! There is nothing like the Disney bubble. Going back to real life is such a bummer. I hope you turn your frown upside down very quickly.
:tigger:

We returned home 1/20 after a not so spectacular week long trip. I got the flu & strep during our trip although I didn't know until we got home. We went straight to urgent care from the airport. During the week I just felt off and didn't want to eat/shop/do anything. Even though we had our moments I feel robbed. Going back to work tomorrow.

We returned home 1/20 after a not so spectacular week long trip. I got the flu & strep during our trip although I didn't know until we got home. We went straight to urgent care from the airport. During the week I just felt off and didn't want to eat/shop/do anything. Even though we had our moments I feel robbed. Going back to work tomorrow.
So sorry about this. I have had a few trips go this way and you do feel robbed. :guilty:

Hey I’ve got the Disney blues! It’s awful! I know that it sounds like a first world problem and I know I’m lucky I had the chance to go but omg I’m so down now! I googled it and come across this site and thought people on here would understand!
I had the most amazing time ever!! I truly did!! Experienced both Halloween and Christmas. Spent quality time with family and friends, who are basically family anyway. I think that’s what it is with my blues the most. Enjoying that quality time with my special people and it’s now over. I do get to see them but when you’re with them 24/7 for 16 days and then everyone goes their separate ways, it’s like oh it’s over now!
I miss it all. I know people say to book another trip, which we’re looking into doing but not til 2021!
Looking at photos and listening to the music makes me teary but I’d like to think that’s happy tears but then sad cos I miss it!
I sound crazy but I just wanted to see if anyone gets it like I do

:welcome: to the boards!!

And, like others said, we can all relate. That's why I love it here so much!! You'll find we talk about lots of things besides Disney, too - but it's nice to know that when you make a Disney reference, everyone gets it. :earsboy:

I do tend to leave things like photos and music alone right after I get back...but after a while, I love them again! (And I second YouTube for a Disney fix when you need one as well.) I also always start a "next trip" folder or notebook or something, even if I don't know exactly when that next trip will be, to collect ideas in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!