Disney BBQ

skullsplitter

Mouseketeer
Is there a good BBQ place on property? I know places liked Hoop Dee Doo have ribs, but I'm looking for something better, more along the lines of what you'd expect at Memphis or Kansas City BBQ place. Ribs, brisket, etc

Flame Tree is decent BBQ- especially for a QS and the price. 2 adults could easily share the sampler platter.

I've heard and read that Whispering Canyon has good BBQ but I haven't personally eaten there.

we like the choices at Trails End too, the brisket and meats at the carving station area are good!

I am very picky about "good" BBQ and "mediocre" BBQ. Having lived in Missouri had had really good BBQ and been to some KCBS competitions I think I'm a fair judge without being a snob. That said when I go to Disney I lower my expectations. Whispering Canyon, Flame Tree, all of them are what I'd call fast food BBQ. They feed me and make me happy enough, but I don't dig into the food and think how amazing it was and enjoy the complex mixture of smoke & seasonings.

The Polite Pig has me excited for our trip next year. The reviews and photos on Yelp give me hope that while it may not be as good as a real good BBQ joint in KC it will be good enough for me to enjoy the depths of flavor that come from attention to detail and passion, not just churning out fast food BBQ.

I'm with @SteveH - I wouldn't say I'm a snob about it but I can appreciate good BBQ. I wasn't a fan of Flame Tree, but thought Whispering Canyon was close to what I was wanting.

I'm also excited to try Polite Pig on the next visit. There are a few videos on Youtube with reviews too. ( I find it always helps me see what the food looks like and the surroundings it's served in )

Lived in Memphis for several years, and all over Alabama for the remainder of my life. I've never had anything from Disney that could come close to an "average" Memphis or Alabama BBQ joint.

Haven't had anything at WDW that I would consider anything other than generic bbq. Not bad bbq, just nothing special at all.

If I was traveling to WDW via car I'd be stopping at various 'Q pits on the way even if it was a longer route. Lexington BBQ keeps calling my name.......
Trains and planes do have their limitations:).

If I was traveling to WDW via car I'd be stopping at various 'Q pits on the way even if it was a longer route. Lexington BBQ keeps calling my name.......
Trains and planes do have their limitations:).

Bbq is subjective. We live 15 min from Lexington BBQ and its gross IMO. I would take Flametree any day of the week over it.

Bbq is subjective. We live 15 min from Lexington BBQ and its gross IMO. I would take Flametree any day of the week over it.
Yep! Different strokes for different folks.
My friends, acquaintances, and family in the Carolinas all lose their wittle minds about which sauce and style is the best for pork:lmao:.
Me, I'm most partial to a white vinegar sauce but game to try the....2 other styles prevalent to that area:).

Is there a good BBQ place on property? I know places liked Hoop Dee Doo have ribs, but I'm looking for something better, more along the lines of what you'd expect at Memphis or Kansas City BBQ place. Ribs, brisket, etc
Flame Tree at AK is pretty solid. I'm a foodie and am very critical of food and I've had pretty good bbq there!

Well I live in Kansas City and what Disney calls barbeque would get it run out of town. I suppose for Disney its fine but we never order barbeque down there. I try to order a lot of seafood because we really don't get great seafood here.

Polite Pig is really good. The brisket, ribs and the smoked Turkey are all very good. The butcher board is costly but gives one a great variety. The wife and I shared that.

Whispering Canyon can be good. Been there when it was really good and been there when it was overcooked, dry and bad. My tip there is late lunch/early dinner.

And for appetizers, the Guinness ribs at Ragland are a neat change of pace!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter