Disney Banning APs of "personal shoppers" / merch resellers

You do understand that it isn't always Disney's choosing to make something a limited edition, right? Sometimes there are limits on how many can get manufactured in a reasonable amount of time or at a reasonable cost, there are lots of factors as to why something may get marked as limited edition.

Disney created this situation themselves.

The issue is Disney allows ridiculous purchase limits of "limited edition" merchandise. Every single Funko release is a limit of 10, which everyone tends to end up buying. The CM helping me during the Orange Bird release seemed so confused that I only wanted 2.

Disney doesn't care if they sell 100 items to 10 people, or 100 items to 100 people. At the end of the day they just want their items sold and accounted for.

Oh, in California, they generally limit limited edition items to two per person, sometimes one per person.

I don’t see this as an issue at all. Disney has created this practice, therefore they’ve conditioned their customers to purchase the max amount to resell at a later point in time. It’s entrepreneurial, and is the literal depiction of the American dream, along with going to Disney World. I get why people are frustrated, as they can’t get the item they want due to this, however the reality is if there were stricter limits - while this would help a limited number of people, the frustration would remain as there stillwould be a limited number of items. 300 is still 300.

No horse in it, but how do they know an ebay sellers annual pass info?

I'm guessing items have a SN and its logged/attached to the AP at purchase?

That's easy. They don't care about the ebay side. They can easily run a program to track sales tied to an AP searching certain criteria and based upon that algorithm determine if someone is likely reselling merch or not.

They may not have done it in the past because data available might have been limited, but as soon as magic bands came out I'm sure the behind the scenes server farms actively began monitoring almost every purchase made by customers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!