Disney Announces New DVC Resort

Nice, looks like the new resort will have a mix of hotel rooms and DVC accommodations.
The deluxe resort, which will be themed to complement its natural surroundings, will include more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas spread across a variety of unique accommodation types.

I certainly hope there is some kind of water park at the new resort. One area Disney resorts really need improvement is the pool area.

Unlikely that it will be anything to rival Stormalong Bay. Water playgrounds for younger kids are popular but I doubt we'll see anything more elaborate than that. It's been nearly 30 years since SAB opened and Disney hasn't come close to that.

All the resorts should have facilities like Stormalong Bay.

But they don't and it doesn't seem to scare people away.

I'm wondering how the view will be of MK -- Probably will be a pretty point expensive resort if the higher floors have great MK views - I'm thinking along the lines of BLT points. Hopefully in the planning they don't make the same issue as with CCV - where if you want a room for 5 your have to get a 2BR -- just doesn't make any sense.

Unlikely that it will be anything to rival Stormalong Bay. Water playgrounds for younger kids are popular but I doubt we'll see anything more elaborate than that. It's been nearly 30 years since SAB opened and Disney hasn't come close to that.

But they don't and it doesn't seem to scare people away.
Very true. They don't seem to have any occupancy issues, especially in an industry where average occupancy is 69%, and they seem to be close to 100% all the time.
But driving around the area I see many "resorts" with great water slides/multiple water slides that Disney just doesn't bother with. As a water slide fan, I'd at least like to see some slides like the Keester Coaster at BCV, or the slide at Stormalong Bay.

And hopefully they haven’t started charging dvc member by then.
The parking lots for DVC resorts are included in the condo association as common elements. Legally, they can't charge members to park in a lot they own & already pay to maintain. Since dues are only for your home resort(s), they might be able to (but probably won't) charge for parking at non-home resorts.

The parking lots for DVC resorts are included in the condo association as common elements. Legally, they can't charge members to park in a lot they own & already pay to maintain. Since dues are only for your home resort(s), they might be able to (but probably won't) charge for parking at non-home resorts.

Wow, let’s hope hat doesn’t happen, but am glad I own at 3 homes!

Very true. They don't seem to have any occupancy issues, especially in an industry where average occupancy is 69%, and they seem to be close to 100% all the time.
But driving around the area I see many "resorts" with great water slides/multiple water slides that Disney just doesn't bother with. As a water slide fan, I'd at least like to see some slides like the Keester Coaster at BCV, or the slide at Stormalong Bay.
They will have something of the like, but for as many there are of you, there are just as many, if not more who just like a quiet pool, no frills. Stormalong Bay has never been of any appeal to us, and now that the kids are adults, even less. I just hope if it’s to be only one pool, it’s bigger and has deeper sections in it than the BLT pool, which is pitiful.

Yeah, that way DVC members can pay for the upkeep of the resort.........
I think the opposite is the case. Shared lobby and support services instead of 100% of the costs borne totally by a dedicated DVC resort. I also hope that the independent auditing of the costs make sure that we only pay for our share.

Disney and DVC has never shared the formula for cost sharing of shared services but has mentioned is it related to occupancy and some other unnamed items. Many of the DVC shared resorts might have less rooms than hotel at some Disney resorts, but they have higher occupancy due to the larger villa sizes so DVC might pay more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!