Disney anime/manga

No! No! No! I despise the Manga/anime style. Disney needs to stick to what has worked for it and not lower themselves to that form. The new Ducktales animation is bad enough.

Last edited:
Aw, I think that's a bit harsh. As an anime fan, I'm slightly biased, but why would it be "lowering themselves"? I mean yeah, it's a cheaper form of animation, but that doesn't mean it's all bad. There's so much anime that it's hard to sort of pin-point what it is exactly. If there's a genre, it exists in anime form. So, there's a lot of great anime, and a lot of really bad anime; you just have to sift through it to find the good stuff.

A lot of the movies tend to be pretty good, with pretty top-notch animation. Studio Ghibli movies are a good example. Anything by Mamoru Hosoda is good too, as is Satoshi Kon's work. As for shows, Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain are great. They're like the "person who doesn't normally like anime" anime.

I like the new Duck Tales! It looks like a comic and I think that's pretty cool; kinda paying homage to the original comic stories. Sure, the animation is not as detailed as the original, but it's still good. (Also Webby is so much better!)

I think part of the reason they have a partnership (someone correct me) with Squarenix and Studio Ghibli is because they want to have some sort of influence in anime/manga without disrupting their own Disney style.

I would be really interested to see what Disney would do if they tried it though.

oh I should also mention. Kingdom Hearts did had a manga (though not nearly as great as the games), as well as a Lilo and Stitch anime in Japan called Stitch! So they technically have explored it a little bit.

I'd love something like Kilala Princess produced by a Japanese studio. I'd also like it if Stitch! got an American release.

Personally, I think that if they do an anime, then it should be produced by a Japanese studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter