Disney and Amazon are fighting

SgtTibbs

RunDisney'er
I've got a rumor.

Disney and Amazon are having some kind of tiff over Blu-Ray sales. For years I've purchased new release Disney Blu-rays from Amazon. Frozen, Zootopia, Force Awakens, etc... No problems at all.

However over the last few months all new Disney blu-rays are "Temporarily out of stock"

Dr. Strange, Moana, and now Rogue One. All out of stock. Is it just me? Has anyone be able to order one of these Blu-Rays from Amazon?

I've got a rumor.

Disney and Amazon are having some kind of tiff over Blu-Ray sales. For years I've purchased new release Disney Blu-rays from Amazon. Frozen, Zootopia, Force Awakens, etc... No problems at all.

However over the last few months all new Disney blu-rays are "Temporarily out of stock"

Dr. Strange, Moana, and now Rogue One. All out of stock. Is it just me? Has anyone be able to order one of these Blu-Rays from Amazon?
Yeah this has been an ongoing issue.

Yep been a few months now. Hit some big film bloggers when Moana came out I think. We usually order all our Blurays on Amazon but for Disney now make the trip to Best Buy. Prices are roughly the same so no big deal just less convenient.

Last edited:
Yep been a few months now. Hit some big film bloggers when Moana came out I think. We usually order all our Blurays on Amazon but for Disney now make the trip to Blockbuster. Prices are roughly the same so no big deal just less convenient.

My goodness. You still have a Blockbuster? I didn't know there were any left.

Sorry my mind went somewhere else haha. I meant Best Buy. This is what I get for being on the Dis when I should be working.

Eh. Give it a few years and someone else will be able to make the same statement about Best Buy!

Eh. Give it a few years and someone else will be able to make the same statement about Best Buy!

Probably our "neighborhood" location is the first to have an automated 24/7 robot for movies and video games. It is cool but I feel bad for the people that will soon lose their jobs to this thing. Met one guy who said he jumped at the opportunity to become a certified maintenance tech for the machine as he said it is quickly becoming the only way to secure job security in the retail market.

I had kept checking to pre-order Moana and it never allowed pre-orders and was "temporarily out of stock" on release day. I stopped at Target on my way home rather than wait on Amazon indefinitely.

I was happy that I could actually buy the 3D Bluray, though. Disney hasn't been selling those in the US for a while (Marvel movies have been, but not Disney).

Yep, I noticed this when pricing Moana just prior to release. Bought the bluray day of release at Walmart, no biggie. I do usually order blurays from Amazon though, they must move a boatload of merch for Disney. Can't imagine what the beef between the two must be???

Ah ask some film friends and their guess is Disney wants a bigger cut of the profits and Amazon isn't willing to give it.

Very likely...so Amazon can tell them to pound.

The likely scenario is instead of People being mad at Amazon... they just don't buy the discs...my guess

Or they go elsewhere. It isn't like Amazon is an exclusive provider.

Nope...they are however dominating retail and brick and mortar is suffering catastrophic losses (including Walmart). I noticed another electronics store - hh Gregg - is being liquidated this week.

Amazon is an awful partner to work with...they pay peanuts on everything (the shipping companies actually lose)...but they are too big to fight.

Nope...they are however dominating retail and brick and mortar is suffering catastrophic losses (including Walmart). I noticed another electronics store - hh Gregg - is being liquidated this week.

Amazon is an awful partner to work with...they pay peanuts on everything (the shipping companies actually lose)...but they are too big to fight.

I don't know a single person who shops exclusively at Amazon or who has stopped buying blurays because Disney isn't on Amazon. Sorry that's just a big jump. If that was really the case they wouldn't be in the fued.

Back in my college days I would order used textbooks from Amazon and the first few times noticed the debit/credit card I had used would be compromised soon after. I switched to purchasing a visa gift card to use for Amazon purchases and had no more problems. Then I just quit shopping there altogether because (to me) it just seemed like a clearinghouse for stuff.

I've got a rumor.

Had this problem with Finding Dory.

I don't know a single person who shops exclusively at Amazon or who has stopped buying blurays because Disney isn't on Amazon. Sorry that's just a big jump. If that was really the case they wouldn't be in the fued.
I stopped buying Disney blurays when they stopped selling the 3D versions; dropped out of the Disney Movie Club also. That said, I will buy the Disney 3D movie on the few times they are released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter