Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, my name is Caroline, my daughter Andi and I travel together to Disney and have an awesome time doing so! I thought I would join in with some pre trip planning with you all.

Andi and I have been traveling to Disney together on Mother/Daughter trips since 2011. Our family consists of Andi (17), Jack (23), and Hubby Joe. Joe and Jack have been to Disney twice with us as a family in 2005 and 2010. After those two trips, they declared they were done with Disney trips. Andi and I, however, were just getting started! Andi fell in love with Disney and each time we go she loves it more. We really love traveling together, we get along really well and she is a great tour guide and traveler. I created a Disney monster after our first trip together in 2011.

Fast forward to now and we have done 14 trips together, rented points for DVC villas 4 times, found a great TA deal for the end of August, and just renewed our AP for another year!

Our August trip this year will be from 8/26-9/4/17 at the Poly! We have stayed one other time at the Poly in November of 2014, that stay was right in the middle of heavy construction and I still loved it, so this trip will be free of resort construction yippee!:yay:

We have decided to stay 9 glorious nights this time. Andi will be a senior after this summer so we thought why not! We really have a great rate at the Poly so that made our decision much easier. We will arrive early on the 26th, hopefully by noon and we leave about mid day on our last day.

We also have a trip planned for Thanksgiving week, I know we are crazy, but this week works for us with Andi's school break and the guys will be off on their own trip. We have a reservation for POFQ from 11/21-11/27/17. I am hoping to get an AP discount for these dates. Andi's 18th Birthday is on 11/26 so this will be the first time she will be at Disney on her actual Birthday:bday:.

Our trip in February is from 2/17-2/24/18, this is another busy time, however this is Andi's winter break,her break is always over Presidents Day! We are renting points and staying at BLT studio for the first time.

Please join me in our planning for our upcoming trips. I will focus on the August trip, first day, dining, and our park plans.

IMG_0532.JPG

As you read along, let me know what your favorite dining, ride, and resorts are.

ADR's a pleasure or a curse. :confused3 We made our ADR's right at the 180 day mark, however I usually end up changing and tweaking until the very end.

Here is the list so far

8/26. Trails End dinner. I may change this depending on our MK activities. We always go into MK our first day and we always end the trip at MK.

8/27. BOG dinnner. We haven't done dinner in awhile so we are excited for this one. We usually always eat lunch here.

8/28. Ohana dinner. We tried this last October for the first time and really loved our meal.

8/29. I have Teppan Edo, however I am going to cancel because we are going to the MNSSHP this night!! I really didn't think the parties would start until after Labor Day so didn't think we would be attending one.

8/30. 1900 Park Fare dinner. We try to do at least one character Dining a trip, so Andi chose this for the dinner one.

8/31. Via Napoli dinner. We love it here and for us it is a good deal price wise.

9/1. RoL dining package at Tiffins. I am so excited to eat here, I have read really good reviews.

9/2. Homecomin late lunch. I am also super excited about this one.

9/3. Bon voyage breakfast. Andi loves Ariel and Eric so this is also highly anticipated.

9/4. Last day, we will hop over to MK and have nachos for lunch from Pecos Bills.

So these are the current ADR's, I'm sure some changing around will still be happening.:thumbsup2

More trip planning from the Disney obsessed! I have purchased our plane tickets for August!
We live in Northern Minnesota so traveling to Disney in August is a deal! We have such a short summer, most people from this area do not go to Florida in August! :confused3

I purchased MNSSHP tickets this week. We will be going to the party on 8/29/17. We did get an AP discount so that was nice.

Andi and I are going as Rey and BB8. I will be BB8 because, lately I am always trying to catch up to Andi! That girl, walks so fast at Disney! Picture from google

IMG_0867.JPG

I have a cute BB8 dress and Andi has a Rey outfit. I am not sure what are plans will be for Tuesday morning before the party. We may head over to AK for a few hours or Epcot for a few hours. I am not sure where to eat this afternoon. I thought maybe the Wave or GFC before we head into MK for the party fun. We saw the parade and fireworks last year at the party and I was in love! The parade is awesome.

If anyone wants to chime in and let me know what they do before a party I would love to hear from you!:wave2:

IMG_0868.JPG

Liberty Tree Tavern is booked for a late lunch on 8/29/17. This is our Halloween party night. The last time we ate here, the menu had the a la carte items at lunch. Disney decided to change the lunch menu for awhile so it did not interest us anymore, now it has the pot roast again so a win for us. It also has this little beauty, absolutely nom nom.
IMG_0869.JPG

We will have lunch late at 2:30pm then do some FP+ after this. We will stay in the park for the duration of the day so we can enjoy the party! We had such a great meet and greet with these three last year, we will try to expand on our character meets this evening.
IMG_0656.JPG IMG_0667.JPG

The first Halloween party, Andi and I did was in 2013 and we didn't even see the parade, we were to busy going on rides and soaking in the party. In 2016 we made sure to see the parade and fireworks and OMG the parade is Spooktacular for sure, we absolutely loved it! We will definitely watch the second parade, it is less crowded and some guests head out after the first parade and fireworks. We will also be trick or treating, I love doing this! When can an adult, trick or treat? At Disney of course. Andi gets a kick out of how much I love this. Halloween has always been a favorite for me so this makes it more special. So for now Liberty Tree Tavern it is and hopefully an awesome party. I will post pictures of our costumes soon!

Hi everyone

I bought some new shirts for this trip, I love Disney themed t shirts and needed some new ones.

We will be eating at Ohana and staying at the Poly so I thought this shirt was a good choice.
IMG_0873.JPG

We will also be eating at 1900 PF so I found this tank
IMG_0876.JPG

We will also be dining at BOG for dinner so I bought a Belle t shirt
IMG_0871.JPG

Here are the other new ones I bought for this trip and our November trip.
IMG_0870.JPG IMG_0872.JPG IMG_0877.JPG IMG_0874.JPG

I bought these from Hot Topic online. I did get some good deals, I love the storm trooper one.
I did get my BB8 costume so I will post a picture of that in the next post. We are down to double digits for the count down now.

Awesome start to your PTR and I love your ADR line up! We have a slight overlap with our dates as I am at AKL from Aug 21-28. Sadly, my boys (I also have a Jack) have no interest in coming on this trip so I am soloing it again. A mama needs her Disney fix! I am planning on MNSSHP as well and am SO excited for it. I am going as the Blue Fairy! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Awesome start to your PTR and I love your ADR line up! We have a slight overlap with our dates as I am at AKL from Aug 21-28. Sadly, my boys (I also have a Jack) have no interest in coming on this trip so I am soloing it again. A mama needs her Disney fix! I am planning on MNSSHP as well and am SO excited for it. I am going as the Blue Fairy! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!
Ahh thanks for joining in, this PTR arena is a hard crowd lol, :laughing: Oh well, I like to write things down to make my planning more concrete, so it's all good.

I found your PTR today. It is a rainy and cold day here, so reading on the Dis in abundance today:surfweb:.

The blue fairy sounds like a great choice, will this be your first Halloween party? We can keep in touch and maybe plan a Dis meet.

The dining is always so much fun planning for me, how about for you?

will this be your first Halloween party? We can keep in touch and maybe plan a Dis meet.
Yes, it is my first Halloween party and I am SO excited! I'd love to plan a Dismeet, that would be really fun! I'm actually planning on eating at Kona Island sushi bar on the 26th AND getting O'hana bread pudding at Tambu so maybe that would work out. I was so close to booking at the Poly but I am trying to do all new things this trip so AKL won out!
The dining is always so much fun planning for me, how about for you?
Love, love, love planning the dining! Isn't that the best part of Disney trips??

On a side note, where did Andi get her Haunted Mansion leggings? They are too cute! You did really well with your new Disney shirts too. I found a few new ones as well but definitely need a few tanks for the August heat. Will have to check out Hot Topic as well.

Hi Caroline! Glad to see you've started a PTR!

You have some awesome ADRs lined up! And it's great that you can attend a MNSSHP as well!

I loved all the shirts you purchased, so cute!

Hi Caroline,
I have 2 daughters and we take yearly Mom and Daughters Trip We call it The Girls Trip! This year my oldest is moving to Kentucky for her Masters so it is just me and DD17. Just like Andi she is Senior this year. Out trip dates are 8/30 until 9/4!

I a also Disney Obsessed! So obsessed that we have our family vacation in 2 weeks and I have no countdown and have no outfis planned. nothing. For my Disney Trip in Aug. I have bought several outfits! And my countdown of 99 Days Today!

Hi Caroline! Glad to see you've started a PTR!

You have some awesome ADRs lined up! And it's great that you can attend a MNSSHP as well!

I loved all the shirts you purchased, so cute!
Hi,

Thanks for joining in, I love planning the dining, Andi does the FP+ for us. We are really happy to see a couple early dates for the party!
With AP I have been loooking at all our PP pictures and decided I needed some new shirts lol!

Hi Caroline,
I have 2 daughters and we take yearly Mom and Daughters Trip We call it The Girls Trip! This year my oldest is moving to Kentucky for her Masters so it is just me and DD17. Just like Andi she is Senior this year. Out trip dates are 8/30 until 9/4!

I a also Disney Obsessed! So obsessed that we have our family vacation in 2 weeks and I have no countdown and have no outfis planned. nothing. For my Disney Trip in Aug. I have bought several outfits! And my countdown of 99 Days Today!

Hi,
So nice to meet another Disney obsessed mom, like myself! The Disney planning is so exciting and almost as fun as the trip. Do you have some ADR's planned? I knew I needed a few more tank tops for the hot August weather. Let's stay in touch during the planning and maybe we can meet up during the trip. Where are you all staying?

Following along! We will be at the Poly from Aug 30 - Sept 5th! Really hoping Labor Day doesn't bring TOO intense of crowds.... I just booked this yesterday so I haven't done much planning but your list of ADR's makes me think I should get started!

Hi,
So nice to meet another Disney obsessed mom, like myself! The Disney planning is so exciting and almost as fun as the trip. Do you have some ADR's planned? I knew I needed a few more tank tops for the hot August weather. Let's stay in touch during the planning and maybe we can meet up during the trip. Where are you all staying?
I would love to stay in touch
We are doing MNSSHHP on Sept. 1st

Ressies:
Aug 31st Bomas 5pm

Sept 1st
Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast 10:15
Ohanas 4pm

Sept 2nd
Fairytale Dining Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table 4pm

Sept.3rd
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Lunch Fantasmic 1st Show
2:45

My computer has taken a mind of its own! For some reason it would not let me stop typng in bold letters? Then it qouted my post? Is it me or the computer

OK back to my Disney post

I do not have any costume planned for the party. Thinking of wearing a shirt I saw online that reads, "I am mouse, DUH." Wearing it with Mickey Ears.

Following along! We will be at the Poly from Aug 30 - Sept 5th! Really hoping Labor Day doesn't bring TOO intense of crowds.... I just booked this yesterday so I haven't done much planning but your list of ADR's makes me think I should get started!
:welcome: Another August traveler yippee! :dogdance: I see from your ticker you will be at the Poly as well. LD weekend is more busy than the week before but it is not to crazy. I love making ADR's and reviewing the menus and reading reviews from people here on the Dis!
We should try to say hi in person since we will be at the Poly also.

My computer has taken a mind of its own! For some reason it would not let me stop typng in bold letters? Then it qouted my post? Is it me or the computer

OK back to my Disney post

I do not have any costume planned for the party. Thinking of wearing a shirt I saw online that reads, "I am mouse, DUH." Wearing it with Mickey Ears.
Your ADR's look great! I see you are doing the BonVoyage breakfast as well. I have to start making ADR's for our next trip. Yikes I haven't even thought about it yet.
Your shirt sounds cute! Is this your first Halloween party or have you been before? I have Jack Skellington ears which I wore last party with a HM shirt. It said Welcome foolish mortals!

Yes, it is my first Halloween party and I am SO excited! I'd love to plan a Dismeet, that would be really fun! I'm actually planning on eating at Kona Island sushi bar on the 26th AND getting O'hana bread pudding at Tambu so maybe that would work out. I was so close to booking at the Poly but I am trying to do all new things this trip so AKL won out!

On a side note, where did Andi get her Haunted Mansion leggings? They are too cute! You did really well with your new Disney shirts too. I found a few new ones as well but definitely need a few tanks for the August heat. Will have to check out Hot Topic as well.

I think meeting on the 26th would work great, it is our first day and we will be checking out our home for the next 9 nights for sure!

Andi got the leggings on an Etsy shop, if she remembers the exact name I will let you know! We have ordered ears and leggings from Etsy and been very happy with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts