Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

Day 3 plans:

Today will be AK and DHS for the evening.

We have FP+ for Safari, Dinosaur, and FoP. ADR for Tusker House at 10:30 am for late breakfast. The only bummer is our FoP+ isn’t until 4:00 pm and the other 2 are for earlier in the day. I keep trying to move it up but no luck yet. If I am unable to move it to an earlier time, we will go straight to HS from AK. We are doing the Fantasmic VIP seating with the dessert treats.

I am hoping to get a ride in on Tower of Terror before the show. I am hoping to eat appetizer food at the lounge area of Brown Derby.

We have not been to Fantasmic since 2011 so we are excited to see the show.

I love TH breakfast so this will be a highlight of today also.

We have decided to pull out our park commando hats this trip since we only have 5 days. I don’t think we will head back to our room for an afternoon break most days.

TSMM does not have FP+ during our visit so we may not get to ride one of our favorites:sad:

So here is to good weather for our full day in AK and DHS.
2A88E9F1-1761-425C-B2ED-1A7AB8EDD4F7.jpeg

We are doing the Fantasmic VIP seating with the dessert treats.

Nice!! I love Fantasmic!!

So here is to good weather for our full day in AK and DHS.
2a88e9f1-1761-425c-b2ed-1a7ab8edd4f7-jpeg.309990

Ahhhh, this looks so nice on a chilly first day of spring here...

This sounds like a great day! Tusker House will be a good time and I am glad you will get to see Fantasmic after so long! That stinks about Toy Story :(
We love TH breakfast, we took a few trips off from eating there so I am excited to go back. The biggest reason we have not been back to Fantasmic is the lines so this VIP viewing option was perfect for us!

Nice!! I love Fantasmic!!

Ahhhh, this looks so nice on a chilly first day of spring here...
I am really excited for Fantasmic, it will be like the first time for us since it has been awhile!
It has been chilly here too, the east wind off Lake Superior stinks this time of year brrrrrrrr.

Day 4. Friday 4/27.
This day is my husband’s Birthday :bday:. We will send him Birthday wishes from Disney World!

Today we will be getting up early to take part in the EMH morning at MK. This starts at 8:00am. The plan is to ride some favorites then head over to Epcot around 11:00am. We have 2 FP+ here. Soarin and SE. we plan to snack some around the world and take in Flower and Garden booths. Some favorites are Violet Lemonade and Frushi.

We have a reservation for the early seating at HDDR. We are both very excited to see this show again. We did this once a couple years ago and loved it!
247645E4-FB73-4D44-9783-2A8BB4FDA457.jpeg 729CABDB-8582-496F-A92C-E10181156712.jpeg 15836990-8C30-4B03-A3AD-15AF29C39379.jpeg

I need help from you all, (my couple readers):chat:. Would you take the bus from Epcot or would you monorail back to MK and take the boat? I am thinking the bus is more direct. With the bus, do you have to then take an internal bus to get over to HDDR? I believe we do and is this a pain?

We will take the boat back to MK after the show. I will make a FP+ right after SE for something at MK. We will stay here until closing. MK is open until 11:00pm this night.

I found a throw back picture of Andi and I at TH in AK from 2012!
971B7DE9-0651-4A23-8079-978866FCDC60.jpeg

Here are a few more throw back pictures of Andi from trips in 2012 and 2013. It is hard for me to realize my baby will be graduating in just 2 months! Yikes!
69CC936F-83D8-47EB-9DCB-9B5093E0B8A9.jpeg A88DFBE1-6A72-4433-A965-1CFD898DE19D.jpeg 6317A018-172A-469F-9543-0736F748F5B0.jpeg 198B3226-2C09-4E3A-A949-7AD64685DB9F.jpeg CB418286-D1A4-42A9-99AA-EE17BB0EC16D.jpeg 1FDA91DA-F42F-486C-8B29-BECC80C65759.jpeg

I need help from you all, (my couple readers):chat:. Would you take the bus from Epcot or would you monorail back to MK and take the boat? I am thinking the bus is more direct. With the bus, do you have to then take an internal bus to get over to HDDR? I believe we do and is this a pain?

Hmmm tough call. If you take the bus to FW, you do have to take another internal bus to get to Hoop. I'd think it's probably a 6 of one, half a dozen of the other kinda situation. You can take a number of different internal busses from my understanding (any "color" bus, as long as it says "settlement" in the name.) So you shouldn't have to wait long for the internal bus to arrive. But I think I'd lean more toward the monorail and boat. It's such a pleasant boat ride (this coming from someone who hates boats! :P) And the boat drops you off pretty much right where you need to be.

I love this! And all your other Andi flashbacks. :)

Aww look at how young Andi looks!

Your day sounds great! I've never been to HDDR so I can't help with your transportation questions, but I DO think you need to take an internal bus to get there.

Just joining in and following along! LOVE the Haunted Mansion ears and leggings Andi! They are great! We also really love Hoop-De-Doo! It has become one of our favorites!

Last edited:
Hmmm tough call. If you take the bus to FW, you do have to take another internal bus to get to Hoop. I'd think it's probably a 6 of one, half a dozen of the other kinda situation. You can take a number of different internal busses from my understanding (any "color" bus, as long as it says "settlement" in the name.) So you shouldn't have to wait long for the internal bus to arrive. But I think I'd lean more toward the monorail and boat. It's such a pleasant boat ride (this coming from someone who hates boats! :P) And the boat drops you off pretty much right where you need to be.

I love this! And all your other Andi flashbacks. :)
I think we will do the bus from Epcot and the boat back. It will give us a new experience to review, the internal bus system at FW. Thanks for the info about looking for a bus that has settlement in the name! I am sure we will need to give ourselves plenty of time!

I have so many pictures from our trips, soon I need to organize them all. I am not a scrap booker but I would have enough pictures and memories to fill. many!

Aww look at how young Andi looks!

Your day sounds great! I've never been to HDDR so I can't help with your transportation questions, but I DO think you need to take an internal bus to get there.
We are excited to do the HDDR again, it really is a fun experience. I do recommend it!

We all know give ourselves plenty of time for the Disney Transportation

Just joining in and following along! LOVE the Haunted Mansion ears and leggings Andi! They are great! We also really love Hoop-De-Doo! It has become one of our favorites!

Ahh Thank you for reading along and commenting! Andi got the leggings from Etsy (I think). I am really excited to do HDDR again. It is a fun, corny show with good food!

Just confirming that yes there is an internal bus at FW. When we did HDDR a few years back I think we were staying at AKL. and when leaving we took the internal bus, then had to transfer to DHS and then to our resort and it sucked. I would suggest for the way back to POFQ to take the boat to MK and hop on a bus. Because of that, I would say take the bus to FW. It will be slightly more direct to take the bus.

I am not 100% sure on this, but I seem to remember that the bus from epcot stopped at both Wilderness Lodge and fort wilderness. If it stops at wilderness lodge first, consider getting off there and walking to the boat dock at wilderness lodge. There you can take a boat directly to fort wilderness and it will drop you right near HDDR. Not sure if that's a faster option or not, but just an idea to avoid the fort's internal bus, which make several stops along the way.

Just confirming that yes there is an internal bus at FW. When we did HDDR a few years back I think we were staying at AKL. and when leaving we took the internal bus, then had to transfer to DHS and then to our resort and it sucked. I would suggest for the way back to POFQ to take the boat to MK and hop on a bus. Because of that, I would say take the bus to FW. It will be slightly more direct to take the bus.

I am not 100% sure on this, but I seem to remember that the bus from epcot stopped at both Wilderness Lodge and fort wilderness. If it stops at wilderness lodge first, consider getting off there and walking to the boat dock at wilderness lodge. There you can take a boat directly to fort wilderness and it will drop you right near HDDR. Not sure if that's a faster option or not, but just an idea to avoid the fort's internal bus, which make several stops along the way.
Thank you for the advice! I think there is a walking path as well from WL just not sure where?? We will take the bus from Epcot. Glad there are a few options even from WL!

17 Days until our Walt Disney World Trippixiedust:pixiedust::hourglass

Day 5 will be a Saturday, we will rd AK on this day. We have FP for Dinosaur, FoP, and Safari. I am hoping on one of our Safari’s we will get to see the baby Hippo.

We didn’t do the Safari at all in February it was just to busy and the day we had it as a FP was canceled from our trip. Those of you reading along on my current TR know I got sick before our trip and had to cancel a few days:scared1: so we did not see the baby hippo at all.
65F3979E-85F9-46AA-A6F0-B763A983E3AA.jpeg D87305F6-3770-4F02-9E52-2D83C3E2AA68.jpeg
I don’t have any ADR’s this day so I think we will walk up to Yak and Yeti with my golden ticket (Landry’s Card). This card is so worth it! If anyone is wondering how to get one it is easy peasy. Go to Landry’s website and sign up, it does cost $25.00 to get, however, you get $25.00 off your first meal when you use it. Pro-tip Put your Birthday as the time you would normally visit WDW and you get another $25.00 off for your Birthday each year! So, if those perks are not enough, you also get priority seating at all Landry’s restaurants:jumping3:. Andi and I can walk up at Y&Y and be seated in 5-10 minutes! We do like an early lunch here so that will most likely be our plan. We really like Satu’li Canteen now but I think on Thursday we will eat there before heading to DHS.
263DE0C5-A509-4A07-B72B-7CFB1BDE95F1.jpeg CFFFC134-B070-4762-A99A-1F802591F543.jpeg 488C500C-2B95-4DC6-8F0D-12F4FFC410F9.jpeg

We plan to hit MK or Epcot in the later part of the day. I am thinking we may do 3 parks today. I don’t feel the need to go into DHS because no FP at all for TSMM so we probably will just go on our planned Thursday evening for Fantasmic!!

I am hoping this will be a good weather day since we will be park commandos today!

We will possibly make an ADR for somewhere this evening, we will just see what strikes us at the time! We will definitely make a 4th FP at MK or Epcot soon as we get in line for Safari.

I am having a hard time not planning another trip after this one so of course I did request vacation for the end of March 2019. Yes, as a nurse, we have to request vacation a year ahead of time if we want to get it for sure! This will be Andi’s spring break from college! Andi has decided to be a “Blue Gold”. She is going to University of Wisconsin Eau Claire. I am thrilled because it is only 2 hours away. So happy she won’t be to far away. Eau Claire is a beautiful little town with a river running through it and slightly warmer than here. Andi will be studying Spanish and Education. She is hoping to study abroad in Spain at some point as well. She has been to Spain and fell in love :love:. Of course when she was there, she sent me some pictures and we both said it looks like Morocco in WS:P. She was very close to Morocco.

Okay so a little off topic but we are planning a trip in March 2019. It will be the last week of March. I am not sure if I will try to rent points for a DVC or use our TA for “hopefully a magical price”.

Alright, Day 5 of the April trip planned out in a very laid back way so far!

Hi everyone

I bought some new shirts for this trip, I love Disney themed t shirts and needed some new ones.

We will be eating at Ohana and staying at the Poly so I thought this shirt was a good choice.
View attachment 238386

We will also be eating at 1900 PF so I found this tank
View attachment 238390

We will also be dining at BOG for dinner so I bought a Belle t shirt
View attachment 238391

Here are the other new ones I bought for this trip and our November trip.
View attachment 238393 View attachment 238394 View attachment 238395 View attachment 238396

I bought these from Hot Topic online. I did get some good deals, I love the storm trooper one.
I did get my BB8 costume so I will post a picture of that in the next post. We are down to double digits for the count down now.
Super cute shirts! And I love that you and your daughter are keeping the Disney dream alive even thought the rest of your family is over it.

Day 5 sounds great!

Congrats to Andi on her college decision! Nice to possibly have a 2019 trip in the works too :)
Thank you! This is the first trip in awhile we don’t have many ADR’s so we will see how winging it goes.

I love planning trips so even though it is about a year away I’m excited!

Super cute shirts! And I love that you and your daughter are keeping the Disney dream alive even thought the rest of your family is over it.
Thank you!! Andi and I love traveling together, we have so much fun, very little drama, which makes busy Disney trips awesome! The guys in our family are so over Disney:confused3. They roll their eyes when I say we are Disney bound again.:rotfl::cheer2:

13 Days until we are at our happy place!!

Sunday will be Day 6, this is the day we have to head home. Our flight departs Orlando at 6:20pm so we have some time to use our AP’s one last time.
E507E60E-A44C-4A50-8BAB-4BB766BA3427.jpeg

We will be heading to MK of course, we always start with MK and end with MK.

The plan is to get luggage checked and check in for our flight first thing in the morning, catch a bus to MK right after that. We have morning FP+ for BTMRR, Peter Pan, and HM.
We will try to ride some favorites first thing in the morning, do our FP+, then get something to eat. I have thought about an ADR for Liberty Tree for lunch. I have a feeling Andi will nix this because she will not want to waste any precious time at a sit down meal.

I wouldn’t mind having the ooey gooey toffee cake, yum!
8143C000-0BBE-477D-BE71-8EE8989A5830.jpeg 5499628E-9318-4109-AB7B-B4B5657C9A36.jpeg

We have tossed around using Uber again to the airport instead of ME so we can play a little longer. We have TSA precheck so we really don’t need the 3 hours at the boring airport. We will already be checked in as well with the airline so basically we just go through security and sit and wait. I will see what the time is for the ME and then decide.

I have promised myself not to overpack for this trip, so I have my outfits picked out and plan on packing fairly light. I bough a few new tshirts from Redbubble and Kohls. I found a cute Jurassic World one for USO. I do have several Harry Potter ones but I thought I would switch it up. Andi will wear her Slytherin outfit. I want to get to USO extra early so we can try a donut from Vodoo Donuts! I want the Vodoo doll one for my breakfast. Thanks google.
6AFDFCB8-5DB1-4442-ADF7-1085457FF4FC.jpeg

I will be back with some firsts I hope to try and a wrap up of my PTR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter