**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Can anyone tell me what Pirates/Frontierland is like right at the start of the party? Trying to formulate a plan of attack for the 7/11 party, and thought maybe Froniterland (Splash and BTMRR) around 9 during HEA until the start of the party at 10, then moving to Pirates before heading towards Fantasyland and winding up in Tomorrowland? It seems like 7DMT and SM both have some delays with line clearing/changeover right at the start of the party- wondered if Pirates had a similar issue?

POTC was busy at first simply because people are going to see the changeover. I would wait at least half hour.

Can anyone tell me what Pirates/Frontierland is like right at the start of the party? Trying to formulate a plan of attack for the 7/11 party, and thought maybe Froniterland (Splash and BTMRR) around 9 during HEA until the start of the party at 10, then moving to Pirates before heading towards Fantasyland and winding up in Tomorrowland? It seems like 7DMT and SM both have some delays with line clearing/changeover right at the start of the party- wondered if Pirates had a similar issue?

As mentioned in my review, we walked over to Pirates right around 10, and it was probably a 25 minute wait. We walked around, walked onto Big Thunder Mountain and walked onto Haunted Mansion. Walked back to Pirates (maybe 30-45 minutes later), walked onto Pirates.

How long is your trip? If you have multiple days at MK I would say you could go without the DAH ticket if cost is an issue.
Right now we have plans to go to MK our first night, and since I didn't book party, I can go at opening that Thursday and also catch EMH on Wednesday evening. Hoping to get in everything we want during those times.

We just bought tickets for Thursday this week! I'm so excited. We'll be staying at Wilderness Lodge (our first time) so we'll take the boat over. I have a dinner ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe and a Splash FP at 7:55-8:55 pm. I can't wait! I need to start making some kind of game plan

Seriously thinking about buying tickets for this event for this Thursday. We are doing a quick 3 day trip with a day each at MK (Thurs), EP (Fri), and AK (Sat), and a DAH at HS Friday night. We won't get to MK until about 10:30-11ish Thursday because of flight arrival time, so the VAH would give us an extra 3 hours there. But, we have an ADR at Garden Grill the next morning for 8:15 so that doesn't leave very much sleeping time that night. But, who sleeps at Disney??? Ugh, the struggle, lol.

I know this is a question no one knows the answer to, but figured we could speculate. Do we think the "regular" AH will be the same crowd level as the Villians AH? I'm curious if the Villians events will bring more publicity and cause the ticket sales for the regular AH later in August to jump up. Curious if the higher crowds at the Villians hours will carry over once the regular after hours start up again.

Seriously thinking about buying tickets for this event for this Thursday. We are doing a quick 3 day trip with a day each at MK (Thurs), EP (Fri), and AK (Sat), and a DAH at HS Friday night. We won't get to MK until about 10:30-11ish Thursday because of flight arrival time, so the VAH would give us an extra 3 hours there. But, we have an ADR at Garden Grill the next morning for 8:15 so that doesn't leave very much sleeping time that night. But, who sleeps at Disney??? Ugh, the struggle, lol.

I feel you! My friend and I have breakfast at ‘Ohana at 7:30 the morning after the 7/18 VAH!

So crazy because I was there the same night and around 11:15 or so, no line at all. We walked right on.
I read in a review, and I cant remember where so it could have been here, to get in line for SM around the time of either the 11pm or 12pm show and the wait was shorter. So maybe you hit that time frame.

Yes let us know! We will be there July 11th and I want to make a short TP so we aren’t wandering.
I have a very rough plan right now. We have FPS for splash 7:55-8:55 and thunder 9:05-10. After that I’m not really sure. We want to also ride pirates and space. We want to try hades nachos and get a maleficent cone.

Then I’m planning on watching the stage show and maleficent float at the very end. Have people had good luck getting to that area around 20 minutes before?

Last edited:
Yes, you can make 2 days of FPs for the non-passholder. Do the regular park day selections first, then the AH night, beginning at 7 pm.

Thank you. I am going to do a more finalized plan at work tomorrow. Thanks for the information!

I have a very rough plan right now. We have FPS for splash 7:55-8:55 and thunder 9:05-10. After that I’m not really sure. We want to also ride pirates and space. We want to try hades nachos and get a maleficent cone.

Then I’m planning on watching the stage show and maleficent float at the very end. Have people had good luck getting to that area around 20 minutes before?

We watched final show and float, we walked up with like 5 minutes to spare for the show and were able to get probably 7 rows back from the stage (roughly right where the sidewalk began/ended onto the circle of the hub)

I forgot to add in my review, whatever you do, do not ride 7DMT when the fireworks go off for the show. We hopped on as they were going, and we were getting pelted with ash/firework stuff in our face the whole ride. Our photo for it is hilarious as you can clearly see we're getting hit with something. It completely ruined the ride (thankfully we had ridden it earlier in the day)

I forgot to add in my review, whatever you do, do not ride 7DMT when the fireworks go off for the show. We hopped on as they were going, and we were getting pelted with ash/firework stuff in our face the whole ride. Our photo for it is hilarious as you can clearly see we're getting hit with something. It completely ruined the ride (thankfully we had ridden it earlier in the day)
Can you share this picture? 🤣
We watched final show and float, we walked up with like 5 minutes to spare for the show and were able to get probably 7 rows back from the stage (roughly right where the sidewalk began/ended onto the circle of the hub)
Oh nice maybe we won't go 20 minutes early. That would cut into too much DAH time. I don't think we would care about being that close. I usually like having something in front of me because I'm not very tall. I've been successful at getting a trash can or fence in front of me before. I'll just put in my plans to get there 10 minutes before.

I keep going back and forth on this. We've done both the Halloween and Christmas parties but never an after hours event. We will be in Disney for a week. Since it will be hot, we got the water park plus tickets this trip. If we went, it would have to be the last night, Aug. 8th, which I suspect will be sold out or close to sold out. I keep thinking we will do a Glow Party (which we've never done). We need 4 tix which is around $550. I splurged on hotel so I'm having a hard time justifying the cost for one night, even if all rides are walk on. But there's a part of me that still wants to go. Decisions, decisions...

I'm in the same boat. I'm taking DD16 and her friend for a week in August. One of my favorite things to do is on our last night, stay at the MK until we can barely walk or get kicked out. They close at 10 our last night (the 8th), so I was disappointed that it'd be such an early night - especially since the next day our flight is super late so we'll have plenty of time to recover. I told DD about the party and she loves the idea, as do I, but the cost is just driving me crazy. I have been saving Disney GCs for years, so this might be what they go towards.

Does anyone know (because this is also tradition) do they do the Kiss Goodnight at the end of the event? Or will we miss the Villains at the train station if we wait for the Kiss?

I know people have had good luck buying merch before the event starts. Are there any shops in Adventureland/Frontierland that sell the merch? I'd like to hit those up right after our Splash FP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter