**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I have tickets for my oldest daughter and her best friend for tonight. Out of curiosity, I checked the site thinking I might pick up tickets for my younger daughter and me. We have APs and there’s no discount for tonight. I know I paid less for the older girls, so that seems odd to me. The AP discount is showing for later weeks, though. I wonder if they only had a certain number of tickets for the AP discount? Or perhaps the discount ends closer to the day of? Just thought I’d post in case anyone was on the fence but had an AP.

I have tickets for my oldest daughter and her best friend for tonight. Out of curiosity, I checked the site thinking I might pick up tickets for my younger daughter and me. We have APs and there’s no discount for tonight. I know I paid less for the older girls, so that seems odd to me. The AP discount is showing for later weeks, though. I wonder if they only had a certain number of tickets for the AP discount? Or perhaps the discount ends closer to the day of? Just thought I’d post in case anyone was on the fence but had an AP.
I believe I have seen reported that there are no AP discounts offered for AP day of event.

Yes, the price increases for day of tickets and there are no AP/DVC discounts online day of. You “may” (key word) be able to get the discount if you visit a ticket booth, but YMMV.

Still thinking about last week's DAH. When we checked out of our hotel we asked for the ticket services phone number in case we decided to complain about the preferential treatment bloggers/vloggers got. The person at the front desk was very nice, and promised us a refund of our ticket costs and help getting our first-night MNSSHP tickets canceled or changed. She took our info and promised to have someone call us 'right back'. No call back. We called ticket services on Monday, mostly to see about getting the second set of tickets changed or canceled. They said they couldn't do anything until they found the specific person we spoke to and someone would call us. I called ticket services again yesterday (4 days from first promised phone call, 2 days from second), and they were willing to switch the dates on my MNSSHP. They weren't willing to address the DAH refund, but did apologize and say they hoped the first person we spoke to came through for us. Should I bother continuing to follow up at this point? I didn't expect to get offered a refund, and honestly wouldn't have asked for one, but now that it's been promised and dropped I'm not sure what to do....

I believe I have seen reported that there are no AP discounts offered for AP day of event.
Yes, the price increases for day of tickets and there are no AP/DVC discounts online day of. You “may” (key word) be able to get the discount if you visit a ticket booth, but YMMV.
Thank you! I wondered if that was the case. I’m not terribly interested in going, it was just a thought at the time. I’m not sure my youngest would hold out that long and we have FP for FOP, so I’ll stick to that.

Last week I purchased the Villains after hours T-shirt that had the pocket on the front and large villains print on the back. Went to wear it today and there was a big hole on the side where the seam didn’t get sewn together. I took it back to MK today since we were going there anyway and to the emporium. I couldn’t find the receipt. The lovely employee told me right away that she could exchange same shirt and size (I was mildly disappointed because the large was a tad bit tight and would have liked an extra large but was happy she was able to help ). Anyway after quite a long time she returned very apologetic that they sold out of all sizes except extra large and asked if that was ok. Of course it was. She said a shipment was supposed to come but it was coming from CA and probably wouldn’t make it for tonight. So I guess some merch was sold out last week and won’t make it for tonight unless it arrived today.

We were there last night as well. I agree a little busier, but I think the show attracted enough people each time to keep lines short. I also found all the snack cart lines very short all night, probably due to other options being available. We rode everything we wanted to get done and then watched the 1am show. There was definitely a crowd up until the end. People were lining up all the way down Main Street to see the final parade of malificent.

We had fun last night. I'll have to post a proper list of ask we did later because we're on our way out. Did not do 7dmt because we were saving it till the end and ran out of steam. Much more crowded than the previous AH event we attended but only waited for SM and not long for that, everything else was awalk on. Snack lines ebbed and flowed. We saw many short ones and some longer ones. Didn't get there till 8ish due to Trader Sams calling our name.

We really enjoyed it last night. For the most part, lines were short. We did the HEA dessert party (after) to get a little break while people filtered out of the park and then jumped right in at 10. I did notice long lines at space and BTMRR at the beginning as it took a bit of time to work through folks in the line before 10 that weren’t staying for the event. BTMRR was 35 min at the beginning. That went down quickly and we walked on 3 straight times a little after 11. Space was listed at 10 min most of the night but seemed to back up a bit toward the end of the event.

Lines for snacks were short most of the night and I didn’t notice them running out like we experienced at AK earlier this week.

Was an easy exit out of the park at the end of the night with a quick ferry ride back. Next time, I just need to be smarter and not get a PPO at Garden Grill the next morning. Dragging a bit this morning.

We were there last night as well. I agree a little busier, but I think the show attracted enough people each time to keep lines short. I also found all the snack cart lines very short all night, probably due to other options being available. We rode everything we wanted to get done and then watched the 1am show. There was definitely a crowd up until the end. People were lining up all the way down Main Street to see the final parade of malificent.

Was the 1am show and the crowds to watch Maleficent after it manageable as far as crowds? That's what we're hoping to do since it doesn't take away from ride time, but kinda worried it'll be crazy packed since we can't be the only people with that idea.

Was the 1am show and the crowds to watch Maleficent after it manageable as far as crowds? That's what we're hoping to do since it doesn't take away from ride time, but kinda worried it'll be crazy packed since we can't be the only people with that idea.
Yep! That our plan too! Ha!

We really enjoyed it last night. For the most part, lines were short. We did the HEA dessert party (after) to get a little break while people filtered out of the park and then jumped right in at 10.

Did you feel rushed to get through the dessert part of the after fireworks party? I have tickets for a (regular not Villains) DAH in August, on what will be our only evening at MK. I would really like to do the dessert party for ease of HEA viewing (we’ve never been before). I currently have a reservation for the before fireworks party, but I am wondering about the after party. It seems like it might be a good way to let some of the crowd die down before heading out for the after hours. But I was wondering if it ends up cutting into your after hours time? Before I bought tickets for DAH, I had a reservation for an after party on a different evening. I rearranged our plans once the DAH dates were announced, and made a reservation for the before party, thinking it would work better with DAH. But now I’m second guessing that...?

We are doing the HEA dessert party July 1. (garden before party)
We are doing EMM on June 30th, so our priorities are not FL rides so much during the DAH. (Doing EMM for my GSs, since they'll be fast asleep in their comfy stroller during DAH)
We plan on arriving just in time for the dessert party, and then heading out to hit some lower wait rides and work our way to the overlays.
I am wondering if the first show is too busy, as we may hit it first, then hit the overlay rides afterwards.
I really want a few of the magic shots too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!