**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I finally had a chance to watch the tracker video about the event. I thought they were pretty honest about how things went. They talked about it being more crowded than normal Dah and how lines for food were long. They said you have to pick and choose what to do because you can’t do it all in one party. The only thing I didn’t like is they didn’t show/say if they went through the fp line and if they were in the special viewing area for the show.

I do really want to go now after watching their video. The stage show looks pretty awesome and we wouldn’t care much about riding rides. I would probably skip pirates because it looks similar to mnsshp.

They definitely were in the special viewing area. We were in front of and to the side of it and chatted with them while Tim was packing up his camera equipment. The appeared to be front and center in that area. We didn’t see them at the rides or anything so can’t speak to that.

We are coming to this event in a few weeks! We will not have park tickets for the day, just tickets for this event. I was able to make FP selections for things to do between 7pm-10pm, however, when I called Disney to see how to link the FP to our active Magic Bands, I was told that we can't have FP for this time period unless we had a park ticket for the day. After reading through some of the posts here, I see that some of you did have FP prior to the event starting. Can anyone help me verify whether or not we can can definitely use our FP selections, and if so, how can I link them? Thanks!

We are coming to this event in a few weeks! We will not have park tickets for the day, just tickets for this event. I was able to make FP selections for things to do between 7pm-10pm, however, when I called Disney to see how to link the FP to our active Magic Bands, I was told that we can't have FP for this time period unless we had a park ticket for the day. After reading through some of the posts here, I see that some of you did have FP prior to the event starting. Can anyone help me verify whether or not we can can definitely use our FP selections, and if so, how can I link them? Thanks!

We have no regular park days planned for our trip and ONLY have the villains AH event tickets on our MDE and I was able to make fp’s for 7-10 on AH night. They should automatically be linked to your magic bands if all your accounts are the same for both magic bands and park tickets. I don’t think we can technically expect to get the fp’s because there have been times in the past when people have been told they have to cancel them for AH/holiday parties or lose fp’s for their last day of tickets. But I’ve never had any trouble with keeping mine. I’ve been to one Christmas party and 2 AH events, so not a lot.

I was able to make FP selections, starting at 625. We don't have a regular park ticket for that day, just DAH. Your magic band links to your account so there shouldn't be another step after you make your plans in MDE.

We attended the Villains DAH on 6/6. It was our first DAH event. Here is my 2 cents:
Yes...I saw several bloggers around the park and on rides.
We were more into getting in rides so we concentrated on that.
Starting at 10 pm, we rode
1. Buzz (15 min....many day guests in line still)
2. went to Space...crazy long line...skipped
3. 7DMT....about 15 min
4. Pooh...walk on
5. Peter Pan...5 min
6. Peter Pan...5 min
7. HM......walk on
8. snacks from cart by HM....no line
9. BTMR....5-10 min
10. BTMR....5-10 min
11. popcorn and waters from cart ......no line
12. Splash....closed
13. Pirates...5-10 min
14. Back across park to Space Mt. Castle projections were neat.
15. Space Mt. Crew had about a 15 min wait. I rode the People mover and it was walk on!
We were going to ride Buzz again but we had one that didn't feel well and it was 12:50 so we headed out. We saw the Villains at the train station. There was a Pop bus waiting and we were soon back.
We enjoyed the event but not because of the Villains. We wanted to ride. The lines were too long during the first hour for my liking. Splash was down most of the night. Lines were too long for the special photos. There were quite a few people in costumes. We did not get any "special" treats as the lines were a little long there. I would do this or a regular DAH event as there were fewer people than the day, it was cooler than the day, and we were able to ride with short waits after the first hour. (I wish they would have let us in the FP lines until day guests were done.)

What if Already in the Park? In-Park Disney After Hours Credential Pick-Up Locations

• For guests who have already entered the park via a regular park ticket or AP admission prior to 7pm, various locations are available to pick-up your DAH credentials:
    • The FP kiosks area just outside of the former Stich's Great Escape ride (note: this appears to have now moved across to around the Laugh Floor / Buzz Lightyear entrances.)
    • Tortuga Tavern (note: I'd love to know exactly where)
    • Liberty Square ticket office
    • City Hall guest relations office
    • Note: These locations have changed/morphed over time: if you see other locations or find any of the above to not be available on your night, please let me know.
Can anyone who was there on the 6th confirm whether or not these locations were handing out wristbands for those already in the park?

Can anyone who was there on the 6th confirm whether or not these locations were handing out wristbands for those already in the park?
Yes, they were checking credentials and giving out bands for folks already in the park. The Tortuga Tavern location was by the entrance to the restaurant, closest to the Dole Whip side of Adventure Land. They had a small wooden cabinet and three cast members. I didn't see anyone in Tomorrowland or go into City Hall but I did see the trio of cast members holding bands by Liberty Square (out in front of the ticket office, where the wall opens up for the muppet's show.

We attended the Villains DAH on 6/6. It was our first DAH event. Here is my 2 cents:
Yes...I saw several bloggers around the park and on rides.
We were more into getting in rides so we concentrated on that.
Starting at 10 pm, we rode
1. Buzz (15 min....many day guests in line still)
2. went to Space...crazy long line...skipped
3. 7DMT....about 15 min
4. Pooh...walk on
5. Peter Pan...5 min
6. Peter Pan...5 min
7. HM......walk on
8. snacks from cart by HM....no line
9. BTMR....5-10 min
10. BTMR....5-10 min
11. popcorn and waters from cart ......no line
12. Splash....closed
13. Pirates...5-10 min
14. Back across park to Space Mt. Castle projections were neat.
15. Space Mt. Crew had about a 15 min wait. I rode the People mover and it was walk on!
We were going to ride Buzz again but we had one that didn't feel well and it was 12:50 so we headed out. We saw the Villains at the train station. There was a Pop bus waiting and we were soon back.
We enjoyed the event but not because of the Villains. We wanted to ride. The lines were too long during the first hour for my liking. Splash was down most of the night. Lines were too long for the special photos. There were quite a few people in costumes. We did not get any "special" treats as the lines were a little long there. I would do this or a regular DAH event as there were fewer people than the day, it was cooler than the day, and we were able to ride with short waits after the first hour. (I wish they would have let us in the FP lines until day guests were done.)
Was Splash just down or is it not open during the Villians DAH?

If your Magic Bands are active then your FP are already linked.

We have no regular park days planned for our trip and ONLY have the villains AH event tickets on our MDE and I was able to make fp’s for 7-10 on AH night. They should automatically be linked to your magic bands if all your accounts are the same for both magic bands and park tickets. I don’t think we can technically expect to get the fp’s because there have been times in the past when people have been told they have to cancel them for AH/holiday parties or lose fp’s for their last day of tickets. But I’ve never had any trouble with keeping mine. I’ve been to one Christmas party and 2 AH events, so not a lot.
Thank you all so much for helping clarify my question!

We won’t have to leave and re-enter will we? I was planning to do MK that day and stay for Villians. Surprising my 10 year old DD with it.

I’ve read a report from a Disney blog that some guests have been allowed to enter before 7pm with just a DAH admission. Anyone have experience with this?

I'm wondering if there are multiple photo walls for Villains AH. I saw one with Bowler Hat Guy, but can't remember where. Are there a few of those scattered around the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter