**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I chose DAH as a special event INSTEAD of a day in the parks. The cost for a 1-day ticket for 2 of us isn't much different. Yes, we get fewer hours in the park, but with a limited number of people allowed (especially during a busy season), I feel it will balance out. We don't have to do everything anyway, and we can get in at 7pm. It is allowing me to fly in that day and still have a "full day" at Disney. We'll relax the following day, enjoy the resort, and head out the next morning. Perfect for a quick trip.
I'm really hoping to do something like this with my in laws. We want to do 3-4 days, Epcot, MK, and a day or two at Universal. I think MK DAH would be perfect for that - maybe put it in the middle/end of the trip, like Epcot, MK DAH, Universal (hopefully with EPs there so no need to rush the parks in the morning) and we've got APs so we can get AP pricing for the in laws.

After looking over this thread. I’m guessing it’s a slim to none chance of having it in May. I was really hoping for May 30th. Never crossed my mind that they might not continue or never really did it in May. I just looked at park hours for the thursdays for magic kingdom and it seemed to line up with the event. So I assumed it would be available. I’m so bummed. Now, I need to find something else to do.

After looking over this thread. I’m guessing it’s a slim to none chance of having it in May. I was really hoping for May 30th. Never crossed my mind that they might not continue or never really did it in May. I just looked at park hours for the thursdays for magic kingdom and it seemed to line up with the event. So I assumed it would be available. I’m so bummed. Now, I need to find something else to do.

I'm pretty bummed about it, too. Our family REALLY wanted to do this at MK and probably DHS as well. It would have been so much fun!

I'm pretty bummed about it, too. Our family REALLY wanted to do this at MK and probably DHS as well. It would have been so much fun!
Yeah, I have had the money put aside for a while to jump and book it as soon as it released. Now I have over 600 dollars and this was the big thing we were going to do, not sure what to replace it with now.

I sent an email earlier in the month. I got a totally worthless response telling it was scheduled through April

I'm guessing there is probably very little chance they will have any dates for end of April / early May at this point? I was doing some searching on last years dates and it appears there weren't any held in April/May. Is that true?

I'm guessing there is probably very little chance they will have any dates for end of April / early May at this point? I was doing some searching on last years dates and it appears there weren't any held in April/May. Is that true?

That is correct (except for the very first DAH run in 2016). There are tables on Page 1 of this thread that have historical dates, FYI.

I emailed over a month ago about May dates and was told to keep checking the website. Still wish they would add some May dates. If not I sure hope they adjust the hours since every park closes at 9.

I have my fingers crossed for May also. I have my plans set so that if it happens I am good to go re adr and fp . Will be disappointed but not devastated if they don’t have them .

Yeah, I have had the money put aside for a while to jump and book it as soon as it released. Now I have over 600 dollars and this was the big thing we were going to do, not sure what to replace it with now.

Would the Early Morning Magic not work for you? Are you more interested in the evening one because more rides and areas are open?

I sent an email earlier in the month. I got a totally worthless response telling it was scheduled through April
See, this is what I don't get. I have been waiting for dates in May. I recognize that historically they haven't offered it in May except for the first year so on the one hand, I could say that it's no surprise that they don't seem to be offering it in May this year. However, thanks to GADisneyDad14's trusty record-keeping :thanks:, I can see that since the inception of this event, they have started offering more and more dates such that I think the only month in which at least one DAH event has not been offered is October (and May, after 2016). The beef I have with this is that if they know that they aren't going to offer the event in May, why can't Disney just say so when guests ask them directly for information about the event? Why be so secretive? I mean, I don't expect them to post on the website that there are no dates to be offered in May as that would be somewhat redundant. But if I call to ask, why not just tell me? The common sense part of me says that this just means that they are actually going to offer dates in May but just aren't prepared to release the dates yet. But then again, who ever said that Disney uses common sense?! I'm only mentioning May because I think there is a much greater chance that they will continue to offer the event in the summer as they have done in previous years, unless they decide to scrap the entire event because the profit margins aren't there. That doesn't sound like it would be the case so I'm hoping that for all you summer trip peeps, this is something that you will be able to partake in this year.

PS - I recognize that I have spent WAY too much time thinking about this whole situation. However, Disney promotes obsessive planning so I defer all responsibility for my behaviour to the Mouse :).

See, this is what I don't get. I have been waiting for dates in May. I recognize that historically they haven't offered it in May except for the first year so on the one hand, I could say that it's no surprise that they don't seem to be offering it in May this year. However, thanks to GADisneyDad14's trusty record-keeping :thanks:, I can see that since the inception of this event, they have started offering more and more dates such that I think the only month in which at least one DAH event has not been offered is October (and May, after 2016). The beef I have with this is that if they know that they aren't going to offer the event in May, why can't Disney just say so when guests ask them directly for information about the event? Why be so secretive? I mean, I don't expect them to post on the website that there are no dates to be offered in May as that would be somewhat redundant. But if I call to ask, why not just tell me? The common sense part of me says that this just means that they are actually going to offer dates in May but just aren't prepared to release the dates yet. But then again, who ever said that Disney uses common sense?! I'm only mentioning May because I think there is a much greater chance that they will continue to offer the event in the summer as they have done in previous years, unless they decide to scrap the entire event because the profit margins aren't there. That doesn't sound like it would be the case so I'm hoping that for all you summer trip peeps, this is something that you will be able to partake in this year.

PS - I recognize that I have spent WAY too much time thinking about this whole situation. However, Disney promotes obsessive planning so I defer all responsibility for my behaviour to the Mouse :).

I agree that May has just seemed so likely to me (ever since they added the Dec-April dates) that I really never considered that they WOULDN'T offer it. I've certainly been curious if the AK and DHS events would continue, but I couldn't imagine them NOT offering the one in MK. Sigh. Guess the joke's on me.

Oh man... don't even say that! :(

I just have to think that bookings are that bad for May & June that they don’t see the need to offer them. I’m looking for early June (and I don’t think they have ever offered it then).

My only consolation: a spontaneous trip for SW:GE opening. So I’m putting the money I intended to use for DAH to that. EMM is so not an option with a teenager

I just have to think that bookings are that bad for May & June that they don’t see the need to offer them. I’m looking for early June (and I don’t think they have ever offered it then).

My only consolation: a spontaneous trip for SW:GE opening. So I’m putting the money I intended to use for DAH to that. EMM is so not an option with a teenager

On the positive side, if it is true that bookings are so low for May that they don't need to offer DAH AND they feel they don't need to extend park hours, I think I could be okay with that! If, otoh, we arrive and see park crowd levels of 5 or above each day AND parks closing at 9 AND no DAH offered, I'll be pretty irritated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter