**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So help me understand....why are you paying a large amount of money for tickets to enter Disney parks and then purchasing this hard ticket event on top of that? I just paid $433 for tickets for my son and I, that covers 4 days under the FL resident rate. Why then would I pay $125 for this or $69 for the morning one when I can just do EMH morning or evening, or rope drop? I'm not saying those of you that do shouldn't, I'm just trying to understand why. Am I missing something maybe? :worried: I've watched a few videos about it and I think I understand their perspective, but I'd like to hear yours here. I also watched one on rope drop. He didn't have one single fastpass. He arrived about 40 minutes or so before park open I believe, and he knocked out six rides in 2 1/2 hours! Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise. So that's when I go....why spend the extra money when he did that at rope drop. Help me DISers....because even with my Disney knowledge, I still miss a few things. For example, I'll be experiencing an evening EMH for the first time EVER on our trip in June. I never saw the point...till a few of you stepped in and helped me out. :thanks:
My family has APs and I pushed for us to do DAH during our April trip for multiple reasons:
  • AM EMH at MK excludes Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square
  • PM EMH are hard for headliners like 7DMT because the lines stay pretty long throughout the night. I usually use them for attractions like Monster's Inc or It's a Small World
  • Spring break crowds can be pretty bad so a ticketed event will help
  • Springtime can bring some really high temperatures during the day
  • My family is full of night owls compared to morning people
I really think we will get our money out of the event

Well okay! Thanks DISers! I think maybe on our next visit, my son and I will give the DAH a try! Sounds like it would really be worth it in the long run! I already have our budget set for our June trip otherwise I'd give it a try then. Will definitely look into this on our next 4 year trip.

So help me understand....why are you paying a large amount of money for tickets to enter Disney parks and then purchasing this hard ticket event on top of that? I just paid $433 for tickets for my son and I, that covers 4 days under the FL resident rate. Why then would I pay $125 for this or $69 for the morning one when I can just do EMH morning or evening, or rope drop? I'm not saying those of you that do shouldn't, I'm just trying to understand why. Am I missing something maybe? :worried: I've watched a few videos about it and I think I understand their perspective, but I'd like to hear yours here. I also watched one on rope drop. He didn't have one single fastpass. He arrived about 40 minutes or so before park open I believe, and he knocked out six rides in 2 1/2 hours! Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise. So that's when I go....why spend the extra money when he did that at rope drop. Help me DISers....because even with my Disney knowledge, I still miss a few things. For example, I'll be experiencing an evening EMH for the first time EVER on our trip in June. I never saw the point...till a few of you stepped in and helped me out. :thanks:

If you asked every single person on these boards what a "large amount" of money is, every one of them will have a different answer. This is an individual question as to whether the money spent is worth the access to more attraction time and a less crowded park. For some people the answer is clearly no, for some its clearly yes, and most have to weigh the pros/cons to see if its worth it for them.

There are several reasons we want to do it in July:

1. We'd rather be in the park at night when it's not 110 degrees.
2. We get the AP discount, which is generous.
3. We like the party atmosphere and unlimited popcorn and ice cream
4. We are the types who want to ride over and over. The only way to do it is to book one of these types of events.

There are several reasons we want to do it in July:

1. We'd rather be in the park at night when it's not 110 degrees.
2. We get the AP discount, which is generous.
3. We like the party atmosphere and unlimited popcorn and ice cream
4. We are the types who want to ride over and over. The only way to do it is to book one of these types of events.

Unlimited popcorn and ice cream?! If I wasn't sold already, that would do it!

If you asked every single person on these boards what a "large amount" of money is, every one of them will have a different answer. This is an individual question as to whether the money spent is worth the access to more attraction time and a less crowded park. For some people the answer is clearly no, for some its clearly yes, and most have to weigh the pros/cons to see if its worth it for them.

I agree... totally!! I think for just my son and I the cost would hurt so bad at $250. When you add my husband should he join us on the next trip, that's now $375. :eek: I can see my husband and his what else can we do with that near $400 in Disney? That's A LOT of kosher meals is what that is and to him that would be worth the cost. We don't ever eat out at home because we don't have kosher restaurants here. He'd give the same argument on the $250 also, but with that one it's be a bit easier for me to win. :goodvibes .I would spend the money if this opportunity comes up on our next trip! :hyper:

We are on the fence about trying one of these. I ruled out the morning ones because there are few rides open and it's not much time, but mostly because we'd have to use our park admission for that park, and we don't have park hoppers. We'd be missing extra magic hours at another park. We haven't been to WDW in five years, but the morning EMHs have always worked out well for us in the past. But the lower cost and breakfast do make it appealing.

The evening one appeals more because it lasts longer, includes many more rides, and doesn't require separate admission for that park. The cons, aside from what I consider a large amount of money for 4 tickets, are we would have to stay up late when we would most likely be getting up early to make an EMH the next morning. And that it would feel like a waste of money (to me) if we had to wait 20 minutes in line for more than the most popular rides, which we would probably skip to make better use of our time. I'll keep watching reviews on here to see how crowds are before I decide.

We are on the fence about trying one of these. I ruled out the morning ones because there are few rides open and it's not much time, but mostly because we'd have to use our park admission for that park, and we don't have park hoppers. We'd be missing extra magic hours at another park. We haven't been to WDW in five years, but the morning EMHs have always worked out well for us in the past. But the lower cost and breakfast do make it appealing.

The evening one appeals more because it lasts longer, includes many more rides, and doesn't require separate admission for that park. The cons, aside from what I consider a large amount of money for 4 tickets, are we would have to stay up late when we would most likely be getting up early to make an EMH the next morning. And that it would feel like a waste of money (to me) if we had to wait 20 minutes in line for more than the most popular rides, which we would probably skip to make better use of our time. I'll keep watching reviews on here to see how crowds are before I decide.

I think the shorter the trip the more EMM and DAH make sense. It really is possible to do everything those events offer for no additional cost if you have a long trip (like a week or so).

I think the shorter the trip the more EMM and DAH make sense. It really is possible to do everything those events offer for no additional cost if you have a long trip (like a week or so).
Yes the ticket cost at Universal is so good. They have a new deal offered that’s buy two days get three free. But I’m the one in my family that can’t imagine Orlando without the Mouse.

Yes the ticket cost at Universal is so good. They have a new deal offered that’s buy two days get three free. But I’m the one in my family that can’t imagine Orlando without the Mouse.
I got an email about that deal but we don’t have any plans to go to Orlando anytime soon. Maybe if they release more dah dates lol. I kid, I kid

I completely forgot that the early morning magic ones only work if the coincide with a park trip you're making anyway. Otherwise, you lose that park day if you don't have the hopper as you've said. I don't typically buy hoppers because I'd rather not waste the time transitioning from one park to the next. Unfortunately EMH AM hours don't work with when I travel to Disney and then for how I set up my park visits. EMH evening does however work! The breakfast for EMM doesn't really appeal to me because my family eats kosher, so there's nothing for us to eat on the breakfast except the fruit and we can have the juice, milk, or coffee. :sad1: If they had some type of cold cereal choices then perhaps I'd consider it. Also the fact that only Fantasyland is open with 3 rides makes me go....eh....okay. :guilty: Fantasyland is one of my favorite lands and would love for all the rides to be open....but I get it. :) But I have read and seen videos where sometimes, CMs try to get other rides up and running for the EMM guests. The after hours in the evening has unlimited popcorn, ice cream and drinks!!!! Now THAT works with our kosher diet! :cheer2:As you've said already, you don't have to worry about using one of your park days with the evening one. If this event happens on a Tuesday night and I've already visited MK on Monday and will again on Wednesday, now I get another 1/2 day! :woohoo:

The staying up late would be my concern too. Would I stay the full 3 or 4 hours...probably not. Then you have to ask, do you think you got what you paid for staying only for 1/2 the time? :scratchin However, if I did this event the evening before a MK day, then we could sleep in the following day and arrive at MK a bit later....noon time since I've already gotten that extra time in the evening before. Of course, I'd set my FPs up in MK that day for that later arrival. I know EMH evenings aren't as successful as EMH mornings because in the AM you have people just arriving to the parks and most rides to hit beyond a 30 minute wait till around 10 or so. If the park opens at 9, you got 2 good hours of rides before the crowds hit. In the evening EMH, you've still got people in the park, some who are resort guests, some who are not but are trying to catch that last ride and the lines are probably still beyond the 60 minute wait. My son and I are going to do evening EMH at EPCOT and MK. I'm curious to see what we can get done in the time we are there.

Hi

Where can you collect your after hours credentials if you are already in the park with a regular ticket.

Thanks for any help.

Hi

Where can you collect your after hours credentials if you are already in the park with a regular ticket.

Thanks for any help.

Here you go, from Page 1. Hope it helps!

What if Already in the Park? In-Park Disney After Hours Credential Pick-Up Locations

• For guests who have already entered the park via a regular park ticket or AP admission prior to 7pm, various locations are available to pick-up your DAH credentials:
    • The FP kiosks area just outside of the former Stich's Great Escape ride (note: this appears to have now moved across to around the Laugh Floor / Buzz Lightyear entrances.)
    • Tortuga Tavern (note: I'd love to know exactly where)
    • Liberty Square ticket office
    • City Hall guest relations office
    • Note: These locations havechanged/morphed over time: if you see other locations or find any of the above to not be available on your night, please let me know.

What if Already in the Park? In-Park Disney After Hours Credential Pick-Up Locations

• For guests who have already entered the park via a regular park ticket or AP admission prior to 7pm, various locations are available to pick-up your DAH credentials:
    • The FP kiosks area just outside of the former Stich's Great Escape ride (note: this appears to have now moved across to around the Laugh Floor / Buzz Lightyear entrances.)
    • Note: These locations havechanged/morphed over time: if you see other locations or find any of the above to not be available on your night, please let me know.
Ah you beat me lol. I was just typing it

Ah you beat me lol. I was just typing it

Thank you both for being so helpful. I did look, honestly, it's been a long day.

Sorry If i am beating a dead horse here, first time on this particular thread. Are people really thinking these events may not continue? Is it odd that the dates only go to early April and its MARCH now?????

Sorry If i am beating a dead horse here, first time on this particular thread. Are people really thinking these events may not continue? Is it odd that the dates only go to early April and its MARCH now?????

We really don't know what to think. Yes, it seems odd to me. However, last year they released dates for late June and beyond in early May, so we're still within the range of "normal" at this point.

I chose DAH as a special event INSTEAD of a day in the parks. The cost for a 1-day ticket for 2 of us isn't much different. Yes, we get fewer hours in the park, but with a limited number of people allowed (especially during a busy season), I feel it will balance out. We don't have to do everything anyway, and we can get in at 7pm. It is allowing me to fly in that day and still have a "full day" at Disney. We'll relax the following day, enjoy the resort, and head out the next morning. Perfect for a quick trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter