**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

That’s what I get for working :D

I’m in the same boat. I switched my flight on april 7th to an earlier flight due to mine being grounded as it is one of the Max 8 planes so was hoping for either a FOP or SDD but nothing available. I wasn’t able to check until this evening due to work so if they were available I definitely missed them. Oh well it was a shot 3 weeks before.

Came to check the thread... seeing all the pages had to go check April park hours. I've been considering going the weekend after Easter, like the wed or thurs through the weekend. I want to see F&G festival and I like the concert artist those nights. Midnight MK closings might sell me... is it gonna be super crazy? Lol

Came to check the thread... seeing all the pages had to go check April park hours. I've been considering going the weekend after Easter, like the wed or thurs through the weekend. I want to see F&G festival and I like the concert artist those nights. Midnight MK closings might sell me... is it gonna be super crazy? Lol
Hi @amalone1013! It’s probably gonna be pretty busy but dah should still be pretty good since they cut off how many tickets are sold. I can’t remember, have you done dah before?

I'm sure this has been asked before (many times), but for those that have done it, is it worth it? Subjective I know, but in regards to lines for attractions, are most rides walk ons?

I'm sure this has been asked before (many times), but for those that have done it, is it worth it? Subjective I know, but in regards to lines for attractions, are most rides walk ons?
It’s absolutely worth it. We’ve done it 3 times and two of those times were last minute. I’m talking about 2 weeks or less ahead of time. Ignoring the last dah event, 7dmt and pp are usually the only ones that have a wait. Usually anywhere from 15-25 minutes. This last event was a fluke and hopefully not a continuing trend: they only ran one side of btmr which made that also a 15-25 minute wait.

Besides rides, having a quieter and less crowded atmosphere is amazing. Most all of Adventureland is pretty empty and the unlimited snacks are really fun.

Hi! I’m thinking about getting DAH tickets for 3/21. It will be our only time in Disney this trip, we are coming to Orlando for college baseball so most of our time will be spent watching our sons games. Anyway... if I were to book some FP to use before the event starts, how do I use them? We won’t have magic bands (unless I can find our old ones to use?). Thanks!

College baseball teams do the ESPN thing too?! I had no idea. This is our third year for hs baseball and first that DD is playing softball. Where does your son go to college?

So help me understand....why are you paying a large amount of money for tickets to enter Disney parks and then purchasing this hard ticket event on top of that? I just paid $433 for tickets for my son and I, that covers 4 days under the FL resident rate. Why then would I pay $125 for this or $69 for the morning one when I can just do EMH morning or evening, or rope drop? I'm not saying those of you that do shouldn't, I'm just trying to understand why. Am I missing something maybe? :worried: I've watched a few videos about it and I think I understand their perspective, but I'd like to hear yours here. I also watched one on rope drop. He didn't have one single fastpass. He arrived about 40 minutes or so before park open I believe, and he knocked out six rides in 2 1/2 hours! Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise. So that's when I go....why spend the extra money when he did that at rope drop. Help me DISers....because even with my Disney knowledge, I still miss a few things. For example, I'll be experiencing an evening EMH for the first time EVER on our trip in June. I never saw the point...till a few of you stepped in and helped me out. :thanks:

So help me understand....why are you paying a large amount of money for tickets to enter Disney parks and then purchasing this hard ticket event on top of that? I just paid $433 for tickets for my son and I, that covers 4 days under the FL resident rate. Why then would I pay $125 for this or $69 for the morning one when I can just do EMH morning or evening, or rope drop? I'm not saying those of you that do shouldn't, I'm just trying to understand why. Am I missing something maybe? :worried: I've watched a few videos about it and I think I understand their perspective, but I'd like to hear yours here. I also watched one on rope drop. He didn't have one single fastpass. He arrived about 40 minutes or so before park open I believe, and he knocked out six rides in 2 1/2 hours! Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise. So that's when I go....why spend the extra money when he did that at rope drop. Help me DISers....because even with my Disney knowledge, I still miss a few things. For example, I'll be experiencing an evening EMH for the first time EVER on our trip in June. I never saw the point...till a few of you stepped in and helped me out. :thanks:
EMH AM or PM isn’t going to accomplish what DAH does. We are doing PM EMH, but we’ll be there spring break and it will be extra crowded (my expectations are low) My teen won’t get up for AM EMH at Disney, but for whatever reason will get up in the dark to do EE at Universal.

Have you read any of the reviews on this thread? On the first page there is a list of reviews. I would read through those and you should get a good idea of why people do this event

Last edited:
So help me understand....why are you paying a large amount of money for tickets to enter Disney parks and then purchasing this hard ticket event on top of that? I just paid $433 for tickets for my son and I, that covers 4 days under the FL resident rate. Why then would I pay $125 for this or $69 for the morning one when I can just do EMH morning or evening, or rope drop?

For us, the best option has been to use DAH to replace a park day. That allows us relax at the resort during the day. We can get into the park at 7 PM, use our 3 FP+, and then do DAH from 10 PM to 1 AM, we can do just about the entire park. You can't do that at either RD or EMH, and there is really no comparison in the crowd levels.

For us, the best option has been to use DAH to replace a park day. That allows us relax at the resort during the day. We can get into the park at 7 PM, use our 3 FP+, and then do DAH from 10 PM to 1 AM, we can do just about the entire park. You can't do that at either RD or EMH, and there is really no comparison in the crowd levels.

Yep... That;s what we are doing. We have park hopper tickets for two days, plus the AH ticket for a third day.

Little to no waits at the MK = PRICELESS

ETA: I’ve done emm MK and dah MK. I also just did emm DHS last week and it was worth every penny and even the 6am alarm clock when I saw the rope drop crowd coming down the way as I was headed over to breakfast. No regrets and even the food was delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter