**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

You're saying they announced DAH, began selling tickets, and THEN changed the time? I didn't realize they would do that.

Edit, my bad. Wrong info below. I was confused and apparently the 21st was always 9. Sorry
——

Yes. Up till this past week closing time was 8pm every weekday for my dates Feb 20 - Mar 2. Last week they adjusted the Feb hours and Thurs 21 changed from an 8pm close to a 9pm close. This is normal even without DAH. They often adjust the closing times in the month before once they have a clearer idea of crowds etc. After Hours events are not supposed to affect park closings, so if they didn’t extend a night they normally and historically would that wouldn’t really be right. So I’m glad they are, but disappointed it wasn’t on our night. They also extended the closing the week before on EMH night but not the night before my party. Not sure why. Maybe they extended the week before because of those arriving for the Princess Half Weekend

Last edited:
I'm going to DAH event on Feb. 7th (first-timer). I made reservations at the Plaza Restaurant for 6:40pm, so I'm keeping my finger crossed that they'll let us in by that time! I'm new to this discussion board, but I'm impressed with all the valuable information. After I attend the DAH event, I'll try to post a write-up on what we experienced.

Yes. Up till this past week closing time was 8pm every weekday for my dates Feb 20 - Mar 2. Last week they adjusted the Feb hours and Thurs 21 changed from an 8pm close to a 9pm close. This is normal even without DAH. They often adjust the closing times in the month before once they have a clearer idea of crowds etc. After Hours events are not supposed to affect park closings, so if they didn’t extend a night they normally and historically would that wouldn’t really be right. So I’m glad they are, but disappointed it wasn’t on our night. They also extended the closing the week before on EMH night but not the night before my party. Not sure why. Maybe they extended the week before because of those arriving for the Princess Half Weekend

Just FYI, the Thursday 2/21 DAH has always been published as a 9pm-12am event. I'm pretty certain the park hours were updated to show a 9pm closing for 2/14 & 2/21 (the two Feb DAH dates with 9-12 event times) back when those events were announced (well before last week's Feb hours update).

Last edited:
I'm going to DAH event on Feb. 7th (first-timer). I made reservations at the Plaza Restaurant for 6:40pm, so I'm keeping my finger crossed that they'll let us in by that time! I'm new to this discussion board, but I'm impressed with all the valuable information. After I attend the DAH event, I'll try to post a write-up on what we experienced.

:welcome: to the DIS. Hope you enjoy your evening!

I stand corrected. :)

Okay Disney, you have no excuse then. We wants the dates!

Just FYI, the Thursday 2/21 DAH has always been published as a 9pm-11pm event. I'm pretty certain the park hours were updated to show a 9pm closing for 2/14 & 2/21 (the two Feb DAH dates with 9-11 event times) back when those events were announced (well before last week's Feb hours update).
oh, fair enough. I was sure I adjusted that whole week on my planner this week. I definitely changed the hours on Wed as that’s our arrival night and we were hoping they’d extend so we could pop in. Also Fri and Sat were definitely extended.

I stand corrected. :)

Okay Disney, you have no excuse then. We wants the dates!

It may be me that needs corrected. I was sure the whole week was an 8pm finish.

We were able to relax and soak up the atmosphere in AK plus we rode FoP twice with no wait along with NRJ twice without getting off the boat. My dad and sister ended up riding EE five times. Mostly we just didn't feel rushed and could enjoy our time. It felt like longer than three hours at AK and there were far fewer people there.
Walk on FOP? I made the assumption that's where 90% of the attendees would go... You know what happens when you assume things... :P

So do we - I asked my kids if they wanted me to switch out our FP for it for Friday since we rode it 4x at DAH and they were like - No way!
I initially just had pirates at 6:35-7:35 for our dah night but after seeing people let in at 6 again I moved it earlier and got btmr at 6:35. I don’t feel like I can ride it too much

Hi I’m going to the afterhour event at magic kingdom in March. We won’t have park tickets just the after hour tickets. Are we able to book a fp for 7pm before the actual event starts? Thanks!

oh, fair enough. I was sure I adjusted that whole week on my planner this week. I definitely changed the hours on Wed as that’s our arrival night and we were hoping they’d extend so we could pop in. Also Fri and Sat were definitely extended.

It may be me that needs corrected. I was sure the whole week was an 8pm finish.

Just to chime in quickly...I know for sure the 2/14 MK hours were posted with a 9pm close as early as September and 2/28 was posted as an 8pm close. We were debating between the 2/14 or 2/28 DAH event in September. :) Soooo....I have it in my nerdy comparison chart that I put together to help us make a decision. We ultimately decided to go with 2/14 because of the 9pm close which meant we'd be getting an extra hour of park time at no additional cost.

Unfortunately, I don't have any info on 2/21 because we weren't ever considering that date.

Anyway...probably completely irrelevant at this point, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. :)

Are we thinking that late March may get a later close than 10:00pm? DAH is currently 10-1, that I can probably handle but if it moves to an 11:00 close that might be a lot harder to do. 11-2? Yikes!

Are we thinking that late March may get a later close than 10:00pm? DAH is currently 10-1, that I can probably handle but if it moves to an 11:00 close that might be a lot harder to do. 11-2? Yikes!

DAH times have never moved once Disney has announced event dates and started selling tickets. I'm not saying that will never happen (it's Disney after all), but I tend to think that is a very low probability based on past performance.

Planning to buy tix on Monday for the 1/28 event, once we verify DD19s DCP move-in itinerary won't conflict with that evening. I just looked at the weather and the low is 45. :crazy2: I am a southern girl and will freeze. Who has been when it was cold and can make me feel better about it? We had so much fun at the one in July and really want to do it again...but 45? o_O

Planning to buy tix on Monday for the 1/28 event, once we verify DD19s DCP move-in itinerary won't conflict with that evening. I just looked at the weather and the low is 45. :crazy2: I am a southern girl and will freeze. Who has been when it was cold and can make me feel better about it? We had so much fun at the one in July and really want to do it again...but 45? o_O
We are from WI where it is currently 5 degrees. We are also attending on the 28th. I hate the cold. I will probably wear leggings under jeans and bring a hat and gloves. Two pairs of socks maybe. I want to be warm.

Just FYI, the Thursday 2/21 DAH has always been published as a 9pm-11pm event. I'm pretty certain the park hours were updated to show a 9pm closing for 2/14 & 2/21 (the two Feb DAH dates with 9-11 event times) back when those events were announced (well before last week's Feb hours update).

I agree that the 2/21 event we are attending has always been showing that it started at 9, but doesn't it run till midnight, not 11?

Hi I’m going to the afterhour event at magic kingdom in March. We won’t have park tickets just the after hour tickets. Are we able to book a fp for 7pm before the actual event starts? Thanks!

My plan is to start booking FP for the 6:30-7:30 time slot, then hopefully one for 7:30-8:30 and 8:30-9:00. We do have extra days on our tickets in our MDE account though, I'm not sure about your situation. Perhaps someone who has done it will respond!

If Florida weather forecasts are anything like the one's here in Wisconsin, I wouldn't be surprised if it changes before then. I usually don't start planning on predicted weather until 48hours out or closer.

It was 10 below today. 45 degrees sounds like a heat wave! As long as it isn’t windy I know we will be fine, but if you aren’t used to the cold it might be a rough night. We’ll be there 1/28 also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter