**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I am hoping that there will be an event on Sep. 30 which is my 50th Birthday. It would be the best present ever to get to attend a 2nd time!

We were on peoplemover when 7DMT came back on. Went on Pooh first ( son's fave). It said 30 minutes when we got in line for 7DMT, but I guess we'll see!

You can add my family of 6 to 2/28. Super excited! I may have missed it in the thread, but are there consistent locations for the free snacks?
Interested to hear from the 8:00pm parties what time they are let into the park. Hoping we will be able to enter at 6pm.
We’ll be there too. Hoping it’s not too cold that night. I was hoping they would extend the regular closing time, but of the 10 days we’re there, that night and the EMH night the day before have stayed at 8pm :(. Everything else was extended until at least 9 if not later.

Took us a full 20 minutes!

Sounds like everyone had a great time last night. I'm just wondering whether you were allowed to use the Fast Pass entrance or if they are still making DAH people go through the regular standby lines which seems like a real waste of valuable time.

We’ll be there too. Hoping it’s not too cold that night. I was hoping they would extend the regular closing time, but of the 10 days we’re there, that night and the EMH night the day before have stayed at 8pm :(. Everything else was extended until at least 9 if not later.
Yes, this 8pm closing should be interesting.

For those interested, we were allowed in at 6pm last night.
I know the order matters as does the timing of when you rode SDMT and Pooh (due to them both being down early in the night) but we walked on every attraction including space (x3), BTMRR (x3), SDMT, Buzz (x2) Ppl mover (x2), dumbo (x2), Pooh, little mermaid, pirates, small world. We rode jungle cruise and HM with FP+ before the event.
We also never waited in a snack line. Probably 7or 8 total snack stops for some combination of ice cream/soda/popcorn. The longest line we saw was 6-8 people and even then we just kept walking until we saw a cart with nobody waiting.
We watched HEA from behind the castle in fantasyland which was a fun way to do it.

For those interested, we were allowed in at 6pm last night.
I know the order matters as does the timing of when you rode SDMT and Pooh (due to them both being down early in the night) but we walked on every attraction including space (x3), BTMRR (x3), SDMT, Buzz (x2) Ppl mover (x2), dumbo (x2), Pooh, little mermaid, pirates, small world. We rode jungle cruise and HM with FP+ before the event.
We also never waited in a snack line. Probably 7or 8 total snack stops for some combination of ice cream/soda/popcorn. The longest line we saw was 6-8 people and even then we just kept walking until we saw a cart with nobody waiting.
We watched HEA from behind the castle in fantasyland which was a fun way to do it.
Wow! Sounds amazing! Thanks for the report back.

True, but I've had problems with the wifi in the parks before and been unable to access MDE or emails, you can use data of course but I figure always helps to have backup...
Your peace of mind may require it be printed, but Disney doesn’t.
Wow! Sounds amazing! Thanks for the report back.

You’re very welcome. I’m happy to answer any questions.
As great as the event was, I was most excited about getting in at 6:00.

Last edited:
Hey, @GADisneyDad14 , I think we may have found the reason we're still waiting on late April, May, and points beyond! When they set dates and begin selling tickets, they're locking themselves in regarding park closing times. Maybe by waiting as long as possible, they're giving themselves more time to see if they need to extend park closing time first.

Quick report from last night.

We weren’t able to get to MK until after 6:30. We were let in right away with no line at security. Then we proceeded to waste a ton of time getting dinner.

Once the event started, we rode, in order: PM, SM (x2), Buzz, PotC (x2), BTMR (x3), HM, Carousel, BTMR (x3) — what can I say? My kids are obsessed with that ride! — 7DMT.

With 7DMT down for much of the night, the lines for BTMR were a bit longer than they would have been. But we never waited more than 10 minutes. Once 7DMT was back up and running, BTMR was back to a walk on.

We waited 15 minutes to ride 7DMT at the close of the event. Large backup because it had been down most of the night.

Other than those rides, everything was walk on. The weather was beautiful. We had an amazing time. Definitely worth it!

Hey, @GADisneyDad14 , I think we may have found the reason we're still waiting on late April, May, and points beyond! When they set dates and begin selling tickets, they're locking themselves in regarding park closing times. Maybe by waiting as long as possible, they're giving themselves more time to see if they need to extend park closing time first.
Your post caught my attention!! I have fallen behind on this thread so I wasn’t aware that there may have been some discussion around late April/May dates. I had just assumed that they wouldn’t be offering those dates since historically, that hasn’t been an option. That being said, given that Disney is trying to capitalize on profits as much as possible, I actually thought it would make sense to offer DAH as much as is logistically possible for Disney which you would think would include dates in late April/early May given that it is ‘supposed’ to be less busy then. I am really hoping that this will open up for our trip in early May as last June we were unable to attend as my daughter was ill on the day of the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter