**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So I have been reading conflicting reviews/info regarding 7DMT and SM.

Some people say they rode them 3 or 7 times and others say the lines were long and they waited until the end of the night.

My family of 4 is going Monday March 30 for the 10-1am DAH - so Spring Break window - what might be reasonable to expect?

I think we will arrive to MK at 7 or 8 so we are able to go until 1 AM.

Best plan I have read seems to be to have had a good dinner before we get to the park, but not too heavy. Then use 3 FPs at things we like, but perhaps can’t do the during party. Get a spot to Enjoy the Fireworks then start party away from main headliners to allow day guests time to clear.

Is this about Right?

But what should we expect for the 7DMT and SM after the first hour? 20 minute lines, 10? or walk on?

Thanks!

Some people say they rode them 3 or 7 times and others say the lines were long and they waited until the end of the night.

My family of 4 is going Monday March 30 for the 10-1am DAH - so Spring Break window - what might be reasonable to expect?

Best plan I have read seems to be to have had a good dinner before we get to the park, but not too heavy. Then use 3 FPs at things we like, but perhaps can’t do the during party. Get a spot to Enjoy the Fireworks then start party away from main headliners to allow day guests time to clear.

Is this about Right?

But what should we expect for the 7DMT and SM after the first hour? 20 minute lines, 10? or walk on?

Thanks!

To me, 7DMT (and to a lesser extent Space) is a ride where you can see/feel the difference in crowds on any given DAH night. I suspect on 3/30 you'll see a line of 7DMT during most of the night in the 20-25'ish+ minute range, less right at the end. It will probably start out higher. The ride has trouble ever really shaking the line for all but the most uncrowded DAH nights. 7 seems high to me during DAH, unless you're committing a lot of time to it. 1-3 at the end of the night sounds more reasonable.

Have fun!

To me, 7DMT (and to a lesser extent Space) is a ride where you can see/feel the difference in crowds on any given DAH night. I suspect on 3/30 you'll see a line of 7DMT during most of the night in the 20-25'ish+ minute range, less right at the end. It will probably start out higher. The ride has trouble ever really shaking the line for all but the most uncrowded DAH nights. 7 seems high to me during DAH, unless you're committing a lot of time to it. 1-3 at the end of the night sounds more reasonable.

Have fun!
Thank you! We will definitely have fun with this new experience of a quieter park and not being during rope drop! Is it safe to assume we can still monitor wait times from the app during AH? Or don’t they keep them updated for the event?

Thank you! We will definitely have fun with this new experience of a quieter park and not being during rope drop! Is it safe to assume we can still monitor wait times from the app during AH? Or don’t they keep them updated for the event?

Yep, wait times are still posted during the event. Sometimes some rides default to their 'normal' 5 or 10 minute wait, but that often means walk on or a very short wait.

I see last years dates/tickets for august was released in May. I'm planning an august trip so not knowing until May is driving me crazy. Do we normally have rumors of dates before the official? last year didn't have many dates at all. Im really hoping to be able to attend one.

I see last years dates/tickets for august was released in May. I'm planning an august trip so not knowing until May is driving me crazy. Do we normally have rumors of dates before the official? last year didn't have many dates at all. Im really hoping to be able to attend one.

I've never seen/heard any rumors before hand... they just randomly gets posted on the website. For better or worse!

Last year a few observant folks were able to spot them adding the calendar to the DAH ticket pages in the app and speculated they were about to announce dates - which turned out to be right - but that's about it in terms of any advance action.

I've never seen/heard any rumors before hand... they just randomly gets posted on the website. For better or worse!

Last year a few observant folks were able to spot them adding the calendar to the DAH ticket pages in the app and speculated they were about to announce dates - which turned out to be right - but that's about it in terms of any advance action.
Thanks. This makes it very difficult to plan. I am also debating CL fp which would need to be done before this or possibly MNSSHP is announced 🙄 Disney is trying to give me an ulcer, lol.

Is this about Right?

Thanks!
We went to the Villians After Hours last June. When we got to Space it was posted around a 15 or 20 minute wait if I remember right. I do remember the line went right through and we only stopped for about a minute once. It only took us about 10 minutes to get on.
We had a fastpass for Seven Dwarfs before the event, but checked the wait time and it was about a 25 minute wait.

Thanks. This makes it very difficult to plan. I am also debating CL fp which would need to be done before this or possibly MNSSHP is announced 🙄 Disney is trying to give me an ulcer, lol.
We are going in August too. They have some dates from a reliable source for MNSSHP, but Disney as not posted them yet.

We are going in August too. They have some dates from a reliable source for MNSSHP, but Disney as not posted them yet.
Thanks, I saw that, actually I saw 2 different sets of dates.🤦‍♀️ I may choose an after hours event instead or in addition too. I don't know. I need form dates to plan. I tend to obsess.

Arrive around 6:30-6:40, hope they let us in a few minutes early.
-FP+1: Meet Mickey at Town Square: 6:20-7:20
-Stop by the Guest Assistance tent near Casey’s to renew my son’s DAS and get a DAS for my nephew. Obtain a return time for 7DMT.
-FP+2: Small World 7:30-8:30 I know Small World as a FP sounds weird but it’s my parents favorite and I don’t want it to eat into AH too much since it’s long-ish.
-Character meet at Pete’s Silly Sideshow (Does anyone know if there’s usually a long line for this? We’ve never done this one before. If the line is super long we'll have to skip it because my son get really overstimulated in long lines.)
-FP+3: 8:30-9: Dumbo

Make sure the characters are still meeting at that time. They ended at 7:30 on our night.

Thanks, I saw that, actually I saw 2 different sets of dates.🤦‍♀️ I may choose an after hours event instead or in addition too. I don't know. I need form dates to plan. I tend to obsess.
I know how you feel. I want to get the dates for AH’s so I can plan everything out. We decided to skip the party because of the crowds and do AH.

We are planning to go for the first time on 4/5 and was looking at the hours. The park closes at 9pm, and then the event is from 10p-1a. Is it usual to have an hour between regular park closing and the start of the event? It looks like in the past it would start right after park closing time. Do you think regular park hours will get extended to 10pm since it is a popular spring break week? Or are they doing this as a buffer to allow day guests to clear out? I know we can get in at 7pm, so we plan to be there a little before that. Just thought it was strange to have that hour gap.

We are planning to go for the first time on 4/5 and was looking at the hours. The park closes at 9pm, and then the event is from 10p-1a. Is it usual to have an hour between regular park closing and the start of the event? It looks like in the past it would start right after park closing time. Do you think regular park hours will get extended to 10pm since it is a popular spring break week? Or are they doing this as a buffer to allow day guests to clear out? I know we can get in at 7pm, so we plan to be there a little before that. Just thought it was strange to have that hour gap.
They'll extend the hours at some point, I would all but guarantee it.

Hello everyone! I'm debating booking for 2/3. I already had a full day planned beginning with Cinderella's Breakfast, FP's and then early dinner at BOG, followed by the fireworks dessert party before I found out about AH. My kids are 10 and 6. Has anyone survived a full day in the park with young kids and then AH lol? We really want to go for the experience, as we don't anticipate getting back to WDW again in the next few years. I thought about leaving the park around 12, naps and then coming back at 4. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks!

Hello everyone! I'm debating booking for 2/3. I already had a full day planned beginning with Cinderella's Breakfast, FP's and then early dinner at BOG, followed by the fireworks dessert party before I found out about AH. My kids are 10 and 6. Has anyone survived a full day in the park with young kids and then AH lol? We really want to go for the experience, as we don't anticipate getting back to WDW again in the next few years. I thought about leaving the park around 12, naps and then coming back at 4. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks!

I would definitely take as long a break as you can work in during the afternoon. After Hours are absolutely amazing, but I don't think I could take a full day in the park and last until the end. I'd do the breakfast, use your FP's, then get out. The real problem I see in your schedule is a lot of food! lol Unless your BOG is really early, you're looking at dinner, then a ton of desserts and then the after hours with free popcorn, drinks and snacks. Personally, I'd drop the BOG and return just in time for the dessert party- working in a light snack somewhere in the afternoon. But, we're not big eaters so we tend to go on the light side with scheduled meals. Whatever you choose, I wouldn't attempt a full open to close with after hours.

My family had this happen too when my kids were 11 and 8. There was a random AH in between MVMCP’s during our late Nov Trip. It wasn’t on the original drop of AH dates and we already everything planned. We had an Xmas party the night before, 8 am dining booked followed by a full day ending with the AH, and then EMM the next morning and another fairly full day with another holiday party.
I debated adding it right away because we had so much planned, but we had never done an AH before and we weren’t at that time planning another trip in the near future. On the AH day, we couldn’t change our plans for our full day at Epcot so we ended up keeping our plans and going right to the AH! My kids did just great with the full day! We did end up doing a mid-afternoon nap/break the following day just to recharge.
And we don’t regret it at all! The AH turned out to be the highlight of the whole trip!

I am going to the AH in April. I plan to already be in the park. When I did the VAH in August, there was a spot to get bands in Tomorrowland so I didn't have to go to the front of the park. Is this still the case and if so could you refresh my memory what the exact locations were?
Never mind. I just located the information in the thread. Thanks!

I would definitely take as long a break as you can work in during the afternoon. After Hours are absolutely amazing, but I don't think I could take a full day in the park and last until the end. I'd do the breakfast, use your FP's, then get out. The real problem I see in your schedule is a lot of food! lol Unless your BOG is really early, you're looking at dinner, then a ton of desserts and then the after hours with free popcorn, drinks and snacks. Personally, I'd drop the BOG and return just in time for the dessert party- working in a light snack somewhere in the afternoon. But, we're not big eaters so we tend to go on the light side with scheduled meals. Whatever you choose, I wouldn't attempt a full open to close with after hours.

Hi cakebaker. Thanks for your response and advice. we have an early CRT reservation and early BOG dinner at 4pm. We hope to use the AH mainly for the rides. Also, 2/3 is the Super Bowl parade, so we are also taking into consideration the possible crowd and affect on ride times during normal hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!