**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Ok I just bought tickets for this for February 10th. Our event starts at 9, and I do not have a day ticket. I was able to book three fastpasses starting at 5:20. Will they let me in that early?
No. Offical entry time is 7pm for after hours. Person posted the other day they lined up and got let in at 630pm. But I wouldn't count even on that

Ok I just bought tickets for this for February 10th. Our event starts at 9, and I do not have a day ticket. I was able to book three fastpasses starting at 5:20. Will they let me in that early?

Yeah, the system is not "smart enough" to know that your DAH ticket only allows entry into the park at a certain time. It just sees ticket, and ticket = the ability to make FPs.

You should do something like book 6:15, 7:15, 8:15, or similar if inclined.

I didn’t think you will be able to get in that early, but I could/probably am wrong.

Did jan 20th really sell out? I have been holding off on purchasing our tickets for Feb 3 until closer to the event, mainly to make sure we have a babysitter lined up and to see the weather, make sure no one gets sick, etc. Plus I'm a procrastinator when it comes to fully committing to things I can't cancel haha. I didn't think there was much if any risk of a sell out, but I have to admit I would be quite upset if it did sell out before I bought them. I guess I should just buy them, it's not like that would be the only worry if the trip fell apart. Does anyone think there is any real concern that Monday Feb 3rd will sell out before the couple of days prior?

Did jan 20th really sell out? I have been holding off on purchasing our tickets for Feb 3 until closer to the event, mainly to make sure we have a babysitter lined up and to see the weather, make sure no one gets sick, etc. Plus I'm a procrastinator when it comes to fully committing to things I can't cancel haha. I didn't think there was much if any risk of a sell out, but I have to admit I would be quite upset if it did sell out before I bought them. I guess I should just buy them, it's not like that would be the only worry if the trip fell apart. Does anyone think there is any real concern that Monday Feb 3rd will sell out before the couple of days prior?

I check frequently (especially day of) and it never showed up as sold out for me.

Also if it did, you’d normally still see it showing as “Sold Out” but it doesn’t.

I know it was reported as such by a PP, not sure where they saw that.

I check frequently (especially day of) and it never showed up as sold out for me.

Also if it did, you’d normally still see it showing as “Sold Out” but it doesn’t.

Yeah, that comment made me go :eek:, because I don't know when the last sold out DAH even was! (I know, I know... check the charts on the first page, blah blah blah ;) )

Thanks, I feel better. I still should probably just buy them, though, since who am I kidding, unless someone is sick enough to pretty much cancel the trip we're going to it :teeth:.

Yeah, the system is not "smart enough" to know that your DAH ticket only allows entry into the park at a certain time. It just sees ticket, and ticket = the ability to make FPs.

You should do something like book 6:15, 7:15, 8:15, or similar if inclined.

Do you know if this also works if I already have 3 fastpasses reserved on my regular PH ticket and am already in MK for that day?

I am sure this has been asked before but I have never done an after hours. I know the Halloween party hours haven't been posted yet because it is so early but previously they usually run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in October and was wondering will they do a Villain's After Hours while the Halloween party is going on?

I am sure this has been asked before but I have never done an after hours. I know the Halloween party hours haven't been posted yet because it is so early but previously they usually run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in October and was wondering will they do a Villain's After Hours while the Halloween party is going on?

They haven't before. They've done sporadic regular after hours events in the middle of party season though.

How do I link my families four DAH tickets that were just purchased through my DU travel agent to my MDE account? I just received the email from Disney with the confirmation number and pdf with the tickets but I don’t see anywhere in the app to link this confirmation number? Our park hopper tickets and resort reservations are already linked. I need to get them into MDE before Tuesday so I can book FPs for our trip at the 60day mark.

Thanks!

A question above made me realize I hadn't updated the consolidated Year-over-Year MK DAH / VAH date chart in awhile. New chart below, and this also resides in Post #13 for reference. FWIW!

Note, black is regular ML Disney After Hours, red is MK Villains After Hours.

MK Date Table Consolidated 1Q.png
MK Date Table Consolidated 2Q.png
MK Date Table Consolidated 3Q.png
MK Date Table Consolidated 4Q.png

Alright, experts: here are my starting plans for the 2/24 AH. I’m assuming it’ll be one of the more crowded ones since it’s Mardi Gras Eve. Let me know what you think. Traveling with a group of 10 instead of our usual 3. One of the people in our party is my nephew and it’s his first (& only) MK day so the pressure is on! We range in age from 7-83 and 2 of the 3 kids have sensory issues so we’ll have a DAS.

Arrive around 6:30-6:40, hope they let us in a few minutes early.
-FP+1: Meet Mickey at Town Square: 6:20-7:20
-Stop by the Guest Assistance tent near Casey’s to renew my son’s DAS and get a DAS for my nephew. Obtain a return time for 7DMT.
-FP+2: Small World 7:30-8:30 I know Small World as a FP sounds weird but it’s my parents favorite and I don’t want it to eat into AH too much since it’s long-ish.
-Character meet at Pete’s Silly Sideshow (Does anyone know if there’s usually a long line for this? We’ve never done this one before. If the line is super long we'll have to skip it because my son get really overstimulated in long lines.)
-FP+3: 8:30-9: Dumbo

We’re not a huge fireworks family, so I think roaming around Fantasyland while they go off will be enough for us. I’m not sure when the DAS return time will be for 7DMT, but we will be nearby so we will make our way over to it whenever it opens up. I don’t have a super specific plan After AH officially starts but think we’ll first finish up anything the kids want to do in Fantasyland, move over to Tomorrowland followed by Adventureland and Frontierland. If we still have time left after that hopefully I can drag everyone on Haunted Mansion before we repeat any favorites with the time remaining. Any glaring errors or things you’d change?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter