**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Went to the event last night and it was amazing. 21 rides total, including multiples on quite a few and ending with 5x on mine train. My poor feet sure feel it this morning.

Would definitely do it again instead of a park day.

Hey Tinabina, what time were you let in?

Went to the event last night and it was amazing. 21 rides total, including multiples on quite a few and ending with 5x on mine train. My poor feet sure feel it this morning.

Would definitely do it again instead of a park day.

Ooh, nice, thanks for sharing! We went last September and it was so awesome! We also did 5X mine train and 5X BTMRR (if there was no one waiting for our row, we could stay on). Going next Monday and hoping for another great time!!

We usually get:
Splash Mountain - there will be no line during the party, but the ride itself is long, around 20 minutes, so I like to do that before the party

7DMT - the line is usually longer than I like during the party, so another good choice pre-party. We try to get it during the fireworks because it's just a really neat experience

For the last FP, I'd get Peter Pan (again, this line will be longer than others during AH) or Space Mountain because my kids can't ever ride it enough
Im confused! How do the FPs work for the DAH events? We do not have APs but we are staying at the CBR. Are folks able to book the FPs for the DAH events ahead with the 60 day window like a normal park ticket FP? Or do you make FP selections once you arrive for DAH at 6 or 7pm through park close?

We will NOT be using a park ticket the date of our DAH. See our itinerary below.
We have 5 day Park Hoppers we will start using the day after the DAH event.

Sun - Arrive CBR, hit Disney Springs for dinner
Mon - UCF tour that day and DAH that night
Tue - EP (first park day)
Wed - HS
Th - HS
F - MK
S - AK check out and late evening flight home

Thanks!

Im confused! How do the FPs work for the DAH events? We do not have APs but we are staying at the CBR. Are folks able to book the FPs for the DAH events ahead with the 60 day window like a normal park ticket FP? Or do you make FP selections once you arrive for DAH at 6 or 7pm through park close?

Yes, you can book FPs for the DAH event 60 days out. MK DAH usually lets you in earlier than 7pm. So, you can book them for earlier than 7pm. For example 6:15pm, 7:15pm, 8:15pm (there is also a 15 minute grace period after FP window if you miss it).

Another FP question: My parents are going with us to AH in February. I linked their AH tickets to my MDE account. This is the only park ticket they'll have because they're not going with us other days. Will I still be able to make FP's for them if they have no other tickets linked? We're not staying on property and haven't quite hit the 30 day mark yet so I can't check.

Going in May and we are doing MK AH one night. We will also have at least another full day in MK on the trip. I am attempting to categorize attractions into:

1. Things that are best in daytime or can only be done in daytime.
2. Things that are best done at night
3. Things that should be both in daytime and nighttime.
4. Doesn't matter

So here is my first attempt

Tom Sawyer Island
Liberty Square Riverboat
Daytime parade

Nighttime show

Swiss Family Treehouse
Jungle Cruise
SplM
BTMM
Carousel
Barnstormer
Mad Tea Party
7DMT
Tomorrowland Speedway
Astro Orbiter
TTA
Take pics in front of castle (and pics throughout park)

Meet characters at town square
Tiki Room
PoC
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Philharmagic
PPF
IASW
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Under the Sea
Ariel MG
Dumbo
Winnie the Pooh
Princess Fairytale Hall
SM
CoP
Buzz Lightyear
Laugh Floor

Did I miss anything?

Do you agree with the list?

That looks pretty good. Check if TTA is actually running during the party. When we went last year I don’t think it was, (or that could have been EMH it wasn’t open) so you might need to do your nighttime run on it during a regular park day.

I’ll be attending an AH event in March. In addition to the ticket for the event, I’ll also have a park hopper ticket for the day because of our room/ticket package.
Two questions:

1. Can I make extra FPs for that day since I technically have two tickets?

2. Is there anything special I need to do when entering the park to ensure my AH ticket is used and not my park hopper? We will be arriving at MK around 8 or 9 that night.

TIA! So excited for this event after reading all of the experiences on this thread.

I’ll be attending an AH event in March. In addition to the ticket for the event, I’ll also have a park hopper ticket for the day because of our room/ticket package.
Two questions:

1. Can I make extra FPs for that day since I technically have two tickets?

2. Is there anything special I need to do when entering the park to ensure my AH ticket is used and not my park hopper? We will be arriving at MK around 8 or 9 that night.

TIA! So excited for this event after reading all of the experiences on this thread.
1. No, only 3 FP per day (unfortunately). I have an AP and it doesn't matter if you have a ticket for an event plus a regular ticket/AP it's only 3 pre-booked FP per day.
2. They will have special tapstills open for you to go through for the event, usually to the far right near the guest relations area when facing MK, they'll have CMs standing outside directing people.

Yes, you can book FPs for the DAH event 60 days out. MK DAH usually lets you in earlier than 7pm. So, you can book them for earlier than 7pm. For example 6:15pm, 7:15pm, 8:15pm (there is also a 15 minute grace period after FP window if you miss it).
I didn't know one could book FPs before 7pm with a DAH ticket, thank you.
1. No, only 3 FP per day (unfortunately). I have an AP and it doesn't matter if you have a ticket for an event plus a regular ticket/AP it's only 3 pre-booked FP per day.
2. They will have special tapstills open for you to go through for the event, usually to the far right near the guest relations area when facing MK, they'll have CMs standing outside directing people.
Another thing learned, apparently I was thinking this out wrong. I was expecting to be able to book six, three with my park hopper ticket (at Epcot) earlier in the day, and then three for DAH ticket between the hours 7pm and 10pm. So, no?

I didn't know one could book FPs before 7pm with a DAH ticket, thank you.

Another thing learned, apparently I was thinking this out wrong. I was expecting to be able to book six, three with my park hopper ticket (at Epcot) earlier in the day, and then three for DAH ticket between the hours 7pm and 10pm. So, no?

No, you can never pre-book 6 in a day. Those booking FPs with DAH tickets are not booking regular FPs that day with other ticket media.

No, you can never pre-book 6 in a day. Those booking FPs with DAH tickets are not booking regular FPs that day with other ticket media.
Dang, ok. I may scratch my Epcot plan then.

Can anyone confirm if meeting Mickey and Tinkerbell is available during DAH only hours?

Group of 10 of us went to the After Hours at MK on 1/20/20! It was amazing! Well worth the price. It was quite chilly, but we carried on!

Hubby and I got in line at 6:30. They let us through the turnstiles at 6:45 and then gave out the wristbands. We headed back to Columbia Harbour House for food and warmth. It didn't disappoint. We sat in there for quite awhile because we didn't want to wait out in the cold for the rest of our party to show up. At about 7:45 we headed out to get our picture taken with the lantern from Tangled and watch the fireworks. Fireworks started at 8:00 pm. The rest of our party came in right when the fireworks were going off so they were on Main St.

We met up with them in Tomorrowland and we got down to enjoying after hours.

Things we did:
(I will try to remember the order. We didn't stay together the entire time, but found ourselves doing the same things!)

Right before the park closed people who wanted to get a last ride on Space Mountain queued up and created quite a long line. Tip: If going to an after hours party wait to ride the headliners about an hour after the party starts. The line will be clear of those who don't have admission to the party!

Buzz Lightyear
People Mover
Astro Orbiter (time suck...but nostalgic)
Space Mountain
Tea Cups
It's A Small World
Seven Dwarves Mine Train (twice)
Barnstormer (twice)
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain
Pirates
Space Mountain (twice more...total of three times)

Lots of Mickey ice cream treats, popcorn, sodas, and water were enjoyed by all!

This was the first time we have been without park hoppers, instead we bought tickets for the After Hours. Our daughter is 13 and I think it was well worth it. It was so easy for her to enjoy the things she wanted to without the lines, and it didn't take all day to do them. It was plenty of time to soak up Magic Kingdom and enjoy this park.

Online it showed the party had sold out, but it no way felt crowded. We ended the night taking pictures in front of an almost deserted hub in front of the castle.

Last edited:
I am considering buying tickets for April. If something happens and we can't attend, can you apply the cost of the tickets to a future ticket purchase? Does anyone have experience with this?

That looks pretty good. Check if TTA is actually running during the party. When we went last year I don’t think it was, (or that could have been EMH it wasn’t open) so you might need to do your nighttime run on it during a regular park day.

It was open during DAH last Monday.

I am considering buying tickets for April. If something happens and we can't attend, can you apply the cost of the tickets to a future ticket purchase? Does anyone have experience with this?

Tickets are non-refundable. Maybe wait until you're more sure? If you're talking about an illness or something along those lines preventing you from going, it never hurts to ask at Guest Relations. They are often pretty accommodating when it comes to extenuating circumstances that are genuine and beyond your control.

Ok I just bought tickets for this for February 10th. Our event starts at 9, and I do not have a day ticket. I was able to book three fastpasses starting at 5:20. Will they let me in that early?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts