**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

It didn’t give any information on that as far as I remember on Disney’s site, but when I was preparing to make our first fast passes for the next day and playing around with the system it allowed me to make three selections even though that was our only ticket for the day. Some more experience folks may want to weigh in and confirm there were no issues with actually using them, but I was allowed to book.

Can you make a FP with only the AH ticket? We haven't done one before so just wondering.
didn’t give any information on that as far as I remember on Disney’s site, but when I was preparing to make our first fast passes for the next day and playing around with the system it allowed me to make three selections even though that was our only ticket for the day. Some more experience folks may want to weigh in and confirm there were no issues with actually using them, but I was allowed to book.

I'm almost feeling silly for booking DAH as I keep looking at the app and wait times are crazy low across the board. But I'm weirdly excited about the "free" popcorn and ice cream! :yay:
I felt the same way. The wait times were crazy low all week (thanks Dorian!) that we had already done everything at MK. It was so cool to see a virtually empty park, that alone was worth the price.
We ate an early light dinner at sweet Tomatoes (salad & soup place) because I wanted to take advantage of the snacks. We were so busy enjoying ourselves that we only managed to have 2 Mickey bars, 2 bottles of water and 1 popcorn between the 2 of us.

I felt the same way. The wait times were crazy low all week (thanks Dorian!) that we had already done everything at MK. It was so cool to see a virtually empty park, that alone was worth the price.
We ate an early light dinner at sweet Tomatoes (salad & soup place) because I wanted to take advantage of the snacks. We were so busy enjoying ourselves that we only managed to have 2 Mickey bars, 2 bottles of water and 1 popcorn between the 2 of us.

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only feeling that way. And glad that you had a blast and still found it worth it. I know I’ll have a blast once I’m there - it was great last year.

I’m going to assume it’s pretty dead at DAH right now. 12am and 10 min posted wait for 7DMT (event goes until 1am). Nearly every other ride is 5 mins. Crazy.

The rest of the Sept DAH’s shift to 9pm-12am, will be interesting to watch as we get deeper in the fall.

I’m going to assume it’s pretty dead at DAH right now. 12am and 10 min posted wait for 7DMT (event goes until 1am). Nearly every other ride is 5 mins. Crazy.

The rest of the Sept DAH’s shift to 9pm-12am, will be interesting to watch as we get deeper in the fall.

It was quite dead, and quite spectacular. Most of the ride vehicles I was on were either completely or mostly empty. It was even less crowded than the DAH event we did in March 2018.

And to tack on what I did, which I had planned. Does not include attractions I completed prior to official DAH start time.

BTMRR x 2 (offered to stay on for 3rd ride)
Popcorn 10:15
Haunted x 2
Ice cream 10:51
Under the Sea x 2
Ariel M&G
Dumbo x 2
Barnstormer x 2
Teacups
Buzz
TTA
Space x 3
Pooh
7DMT x 2
PP x 2

We are going to DAH on the 26th. I hope we have a similar experience for as the others in September. Looking forward to lots of rides, feeling like the park is privately reserved, and lots of treats! OH and have to get the tangled lantern photo op!

We are going to DAH on the 26th. I hope we have a similar experience for as the others in September. Looking forward to lots of rides, feeling like the park is privately reserved, and lots of treats! OH and have to get the tangled lantern photo op!

We're doing AN on the 26th too! I'm super excited but my over thinking brain is worried that all the people who had to reschedule due to the hurricane will be there and it's going to be packed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for low crowds.

We are planning to attend December 9th. When should I plan to buy the tickets? I don't want it to sell out.

We are planning to attend December 9th. When should I plan to buy the tickets? I don't want it to sell out.

Page #1 has tables with sell out history, where applicable. Generally speaking, the recent trend with DAH is that they don’t sell out. BUT always hard to tell when crowd dynamics change... such as if there is a big influx of people around the 12/5 opening of the second SWGE ride.

I would peg it as likely not to sell out that time of year, but you can’t take anything for granted.

But no need to rush and buy them right now, in my opinion.

Do you find that you need to be at MK right at the time your allowed to get in to get your value worth? We originally planned to see the EP show that night and figured we could still do that and get over to MK after we are done. We have Park Hoppers so we figured if we do DAH and the Christmas Party we could skip going to MK during the day as we will have plenty of time between both events to get on rides and save FP for other parks.

If I am using a normal park day ticket at another Park, and purchased an AH ticket for MK for the same day, can I book my normal 3 fps for the first park AND 3 (or less depending of normal MK closing time) for the AH event ahead of time?

If I am using a normal park day ticket at another Park, and purchased an AH ticket for MK for the same day, can I book my normal 3 fps for the first park AND 3 (or less depending of normal MK closing time) for the AH event ahead of time?

No...only 3 per day (ahead of time)

Any thoughts on if they are going to add more DAH dates in February/March?
Yes, please! For the first time (in over 25 trips), I actually want to make certain ADRs this far in advance for our March trip. How can I do this effectively if I don't know when/if there will be DAH at MK or at DHS?

Yes, please! For the first time (in over 25 trips), I actually want to make certain ADRs this far in advance for our March trip. How can I do this effectively if I don't know when/if there will be DAH at MK or at DHS?

We are doing a split trip between US and WDW this time around. 2/27-3/2. We are doing an after hours event at US so we are thinking about just doing all after hours this trip. Just waiting to see if there will be MK after hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts