**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So excited! We just got back from a grandson and me trip that ended on the 7th and I just talked my daughter into a return trip in late July for all of us! I'd love to do a villains DAH, but trying to wait for early reports on crowd levels before I pull the trigger. Disney has me gun shy about increasing crowd levels at special events! One thing for sure, this AP is costing me a fortune! lol

Just got back from after hours. Best money spent at Disney. Crowds were really low before the event started and very low crowds during the event.

Here’s what we did
Haunted Mansion x2
Big Thunder x2 (stayed on for second ride)
Pirates
Buzz
Space Mountain
Dumbo
Barnstormer x2 (stayed on for second ride)
Snow White (about a 5 minute wait)
Peter Pan

Also had time to get plenty of snacks and drinks and take PhotoPass photos. Left around 12:35. Had such a great time.

We did in 4 hours: 9-1
Happily Ever After
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Big Thunder
Splash
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Winnie the Pooh
Philharmagic
Peter Pan
Seven Dwarfs
Space Mt
PeopleMover

We wanted to do Little Mermaid but was told it was down. However, as I’m looking over the guide it isn’t listed. What’s up with that?

Last edited:
We got to see the kiss goodnight at 1:15! I had never seen it before and wasn't even thinking about it as we were slowly walking out. Yay!

What did it look like? We saw a "kiss goodnight" on the May 2 DAH. It was the usual voice thanking us for coming and some lights on the castle. There was no kiss noise or kiss graphics, and no Minnie voice over like I was expecting. I asked two Disney folks about it and they said, yep that's it. But it took place at 1am (exactly) so I'm wondering if we actually left too soon.

What did it look like? We saw a "kiss goodnight" on the May 2 DAH. It was the usual voice thanking us for coming and some lights on the castle. There was no kiss noise or kiss graphics, and no Minnie voice over like I was expecting. I asked two Disney folks about it and they said, yep that's it. But it took place at 1am (exactly) so I'm wondering if we actually left too soon.
I actually have never noticed it, despite staying very late after closing quite a few times in the past. But from descriptions I’ve read I think you saw it. That’s all that I’ve read happens. Sounds like it might be a bit of a letdown if I insist to my family that we stay to catch it sometime now.

Yes, that’s it. I’ve never purposely stuck around to see just that, but I’ve seen it many times through the years as we leave from a last second ride and/or snack. I love the voice :lovestruc

This is kind of corny.

To me, the Kiss Goodnight is more a state of mind/being than the actual technical production (which admittedly is short/limited).

It’s the feeling and vibe of an emptying Hub/Main Street. The buzz, excitement, and energy of the day fading away into the night. The setting, the music, and the simple message.

It’s one of those rare WDW zen moments where all of the nonsense of planning, the cost, and the time/effort undertaken melt away and it all becomes worth it.

Exhaustion may come into play there on some level as well!

Some will watch it and, especially by modern day entertainment standards, be like “that’s it?” - which I totally understand too.

I sort of feel the need to put a disclaimer/asterisk on the DAH reports for these May dates for those new to following the thread.

Like all Disney events, things tend to ebb and flow over time. Crowds change, reports change, people pick up on different nuances of the event, Disney changes things, etc. With them now happening during nearly every month of the year, DAH is now happening in many different crowd seasons.

Reading about crowds is always difficult to interpret, but generally speaking the reports from these May dates to me seem like they are much more lightly attended than the Jan-April run of dates. I can't prove that of course, it's just based on my reading of people's posts and what I see for wait times.

I suspect they may set an unrealistically high bar for the summer Villains dates and even regular DAH dates during non-May times of the year. 7DMT at 8 minutes, for example, is pretty unheard of!

Anyway - as always, a big thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread. Always fun to read people's experiences.

Yesterday TP had MK rated as a 4. I would say 8 minute 7DMT during DAH is consistent with those lower crowds. I’m just glad that such a time still exists for those who are able to go in May. It will never work for us to do it again but it was still was favorite time of year ever for both weather and crowds.

But I’m far more realistic for my expectations for my DAH (6/6) both because it’s new and it’s the start of Summer Season.

Just filled out a survey asking if I would have preferred a more party like atmosphere at the after hours event. I responded absolutely not! I enjoyed hearing the normal music and sounds of the park just with less people present.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter