**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Forewarning... they’re getting very strict with the 7pm admission time. I was able to make FP starting at 6pm and then dining reservation at 6:25pm and had to see guest relations who thankfully admitted us to make it to Mama Melrose.
When we went in January, ak and hs both stuck to the 7 pm time. Mk is usually the one that lets people in early

Not impressed with SDD waits tonight. :sad2:
We all have FPs for it prior to DAH, but were hoping to ride a couple times at night. Maybe it'll get better in awhile...

I’ll be watching closely the next couple of weeks. Trying to figure out a better way this time around.

Great night tonight! Let us in at 6:45. We had fast passes for HTOT and RNRC and fantasmic before the event started. Preshow was showing at HTOT all night, but not at RNRC, which was a walk-on all night. Wanted to see lightning mcqueen, but it closed early (before 7, posted close was 9). We walked down to the Incredibles section to take pics, but everything was closed. Could have seen the last showings of Frozen and Little mermaid if we chose before the actual event started.

Longest wait all night was probably midway mania and slinky dog, with an actual wait of 20 min each. I saw the 65 min posted at slinky dog but I don’t think that was accurate because it went down to 25 pretty quickly, and we only waited 10 min one of the times we rode when it was posted as 25. Could have ridden more but we couldn’t do too many rides in a row anymore (getting older). I bet we could have ridden HTOT and RNRC 6 times each if we really went for it!

Lots of cold drinks and hot popcorn all night. Not hard to find, I counted at least 8 open during the busiest part of the night. They let us grab sodas and water directly from the cart too.

All in all... even after getting caught in Fantasmic crowds:
HTOT x3
RNRC x3
Alien swirling saucers x2
Slinky dog x2
Midway mania x1
Star tours x1
Fantasmic

2 Mickey bars, a huge box of popcorn and a backpack full of cokes. Happy and tired! I’d definitely recommend

Edited to add details.

Last edited:
Not sure if I’ve seen a recent report, but at first the boat wasn’t running after DAH... but then it evolved to where the boat has been running after DAH. I’m ‘assuming’ that’s still the case, but not totally sure.

Not sure about a bus if the boat isn’t running.

Hopefully someone with recent experience can chime in.

The boat was running at 12:30 when we got in the bus line.

I'm curious if people have had good luck with Uber/lyft/minnievan at 12:30 after the event?

FYI, Minnie Van service ends at 12:30am. You’re generally going to find the supply dwindling as you get closer to that time, but YMMV.

We had no issues getting a Minnie Van a few weeks ago, but we were leaving 11:30ish, so not that late.

The boat was running at 12:30 when we got in the bus line.

What were the bus lines like on the way out?
We have DAH for this coming Friday (6/21) and are staying at POP.

Hitting up MK in the morning until 3pm (or earlier as our last FP is for Space Mtn at 2pm-3pm).
I am hoping the DAH will make our day at DHS much more relaxed.

Can someone tell me what time DAH started in May this year at DHS? I'm planning a trip for May 2020 and we will arrive at Yacht Club about 6:00-6:30 p.m. on Friday May 8 and I'm trying to figure out if DAH at DHS would work that night. Thanks in advance.

Can someone tell me what time DAH started in May this year at DHS? I'm planning a trip for May 2020 and we will arrive at Yacht Club about 6:00-6:30 p.m. on Friday May 8 and I'm trying to figure out if DAH at DHS would work that night. Thanks in advance.
I think HS usually sticks to the 7 pm time

I think HS usually sticks to the 7 pm time
Thanks! I think my question was confusing. I'm trying to figure out what time the DAH actually starts and ends, not when they let folks in. We probably would struggle to get there by 7 p.m., but definitely could make a 10 p.m. start.

So DW and I just came back from a short adults only trip that included the DAH on 6/21 and I will say that we has a really good time. Now granted we had gone to Epcot all day and, how can I say this delicately, "adulted" around the world so this may have been more successful if we took it easier beforehand but I digress. Got there around 8ish, got our bands, then headed over to Fantasmic (we have never seen it before so figured why not). After it ended we went to ToT for our first after hours ride which felt like about a 15 minute or so wait. This was actually our first ToT also and I am completely in love.

We then walked right over to RnRC and walked right on bascially. After we grabbed a couple waters, ice creams, soda, and popcorn and walked to Toy Story Land. Got on line for SDD which also felt about 15-20 minute wait. Went over to TSMM and waited about 10-15 minutes. First time on both of these (I guess we dont do a lot of rides at DHS haha) and they were both awesome. Slinky is great, but a bit short, I dont know if i would wait 90 minutes for it on a normal day though. After that we went to Woody's lunchbox, paid for the grilled cheese, brisket sandwich and 2 adult lemonades (let the good times roll).

Here is where I got disappointed. We walked back over by the Chinese Theater to watch the projection show which I thought was going to be the new Animation one but instead of was the Live Action movie one. The reason for the disappointment though (besides I had really wanted to see the new one and went to Fantasmic instead of that when we got to the park since I had heard it would show during DAH) is I asked maybe 6 different cast memebers working the party and they all gave me compeltely different answers as to what was going on for the show (wrong times, wrong show, some even said there was no show).

As the show finished up though we went back into Toy Story Lasnd and walked onto SDD and TSMM one more time each. Wanted to grab a couple more waters on the way out but most stations seemed to be closed (at least the ones we walked passed).

All in all it was definitely worth it for what some would consider a half day park. If we had not been at Epcot around 915am like crazy people we probably could have done the rides even more times and did a few meet and greets but again I would definitely consider doing another one (maybe try the AK one next time).

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!