**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Any idea on when they may extend the dates?

Not sure, but you and a lot of other people are anxiously waiting based on posts on the DIS! :-)

With MK DAH, historically they have released a chunk of dates and then had a pause, then announce a new set of dates, pause, rinse, repeat. My guess is you’ll continue to see new dates in late spring/summer (if Disney has deemed this successful), but I’m at a loss as for predictions of if/when.

FWIW, MK DAH summer dates were announced early May last year, not that that really tells us all that much of what ‘might’ happen with these new DHS events.

Sorry for the non-answer.

Not sure, but you and a lot of other people are anxiously waiting based on posts on the DIS! :-)

With MK DAH, historically they have released a chunk of dates and then had a pause, then announce a new set of dates, pause, rinse, repeat. My guess is you’ll continue to see new dates in late spring/summer (if Disney has deemed this successful), but I’m at a loss as for predictions of if/when.

FWIW, MK DAH summer dates were announced early May last year, not that that really tells us all that much of what ‘might’ happen with these new DHS events.

This might be on the front page, but do you know when the current slate of dates was announced?

This might be on the front page, but do you know when the current slate of dates was announced?

Yeah, here’s the info from Post #3:

Event dates were first announced on 11/5/2018. Tickets went on sale 11/15/2018.
These are the first Disney After Hours events at Disney's Hollywood Studios, there is no history to suggest when and/or if additional dates will be added.

Event dates/tickets for the above series of dates were made available 9/6/2018*

*11/26/2018 was added to the line-up late October 2018.
* 2/21, 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, and 4/11 2019 were added 11/15/2018.

I went to the front page of this thread and found that the DHS and AK events were announced on November 5. However, the December/January/early February dates for DAH at MK were announced in early September. September 6 to December 3 is about 3 months lead time. Assuming (scary word to use when it comes to Disney, I know) they continue with DAH on a weekly basis, we could imagine the next date after the currently announced dates would be April 18. HOWEVER, that is the week of Easter, so they might skip the last two weeks of April and begin again on May 2. Three months ahead of May 2 would be around the beginning of February. Thus, my (bold?) prediction, is that IF we see an extension of dates that includes May, they will announce that in 2-3 weeks' time. I think they released the DAK and DHS dates with less lead time because they made their plans AFTER they had already released the MK dates in September.

Hi. My husband and I were there this past Saturday, January 5th. Our party started at 8:30PM & we had a great time. It was a little chilly but we had prepared for it. We started with TOT/RNRC first with almost no-one there. After a few rides each, we got our snacks/drinks and then headed over to TSL. We did Alien Swirling Saucers 3 times with no wait, TSM 3 times with no wait and SDD had about a 25 min wait pretty much all night so we were able to ride that 3 times as well. Figuring SDD was up to 3 hour wait a few hours earlier I'd say a 25 min wait was AMAZING. Chatted with some nice folks in line and the time flew by. We do not care for Star Tours so we never went over to that area at all.
My husband and I spent the majority of the evening hopping between the 3 TSL attractions, bathroom breaks and eating our snacks. We really had a fun night and it did not seem crowded at all. I would do it again.

Do you mind if I ask, was the 25 min SDD wait the posted time or actual time (if you kept track)? Thanks!

Hi everyone! we are going on 01/19! I have followed this thread since it began and we are SO excited!! Since it is only a week away, I wanted to confirm the snack and drink locations- and which ones have the bottled drinks. I just want to be sure I know where to go so we don't waste precious DAH time looking for some popcorn and soda! Thanks!!

I wish I had done a better job of making notes when we were there in December as folks have asked for this. I need to sit down with my pics and a map and try to piece it together.

Generally speaking, I found the snack carts relatively obvious in terms of location since DHS isn't all that big to begin with and - with the exception of nothing in TSL - were pretty convenient.

Off to a rough start tonight. We showed up an hour early to be able to hurry over to the Little Mermaid show. Only 1 of our 4 tickets worked. They pulled us to the side and took a few minutes to correct it. They were very short with us and treated us like we did something wrong. We ran to the show only to see them closing up... Missed it by seconds and they wouldn't let us in. Then we went over to use our Fastpass at Fantasmic and once again, only 1 ticket worked. My app showed 4 tickets with 4 past passes and I convinced them to let me in but it took a bit. I have no idea what's wrong with our tickets but hopefully we won't need them again tonight.

Off to a rough start tonight. We showed up an hour early to be able to hurry over to the Little Mermaid show. Only 1 of our 4 tickets worked. They pulled us to the side and took a few minutes to correct it. They were very short with us and treated us like we did something wrong. We ran to the show only to see them closing up... Missed it by seconds and they wouldn't let us in. Then we went over to use our Fastpass at Fantasmic and once again, only 1 ticket worked. My app showed 4 tickets with 4 past passes and I convinced them to let me in but it took a bit. I have no idea what's wrong with our tickets but hopefully we won't need them again tonight.
Wow that stinks I hope things go better for you

I'm back at the hotel now so I'll finish up my trip report. I'm a big amusement park fan while my family is all big Disney fans. I enjoy Disney parks but this trip wasn't originally going to include a visit to Disney World. A while back we booked a cruise out of Miami but due to the cost of plane tickets we booked airfare into Orlando. We decided that we'd also visit the 2 Fun Spot parks and Universal Studios. When I learned of After Hours I decided I'd give it a try. Neither my wife or I have been to Disney World in 10 years and our kids had never been. We go to Disneyland quite frequently.

This morning we got up at 5 am in Utah to catch our flight. When we landed we grabbed a bite to eat, went to Fun Spot for 2 hours and then on to Hollywood Studios. After all that we had a 2 hour drive to Palm Beach to our hotel. Overall I'd consider the event a success. It definitely got off to a rough start as I already mentioned. Apparently all 4 of the tickets that they sent me were somehow detected exactly the same as each other. It didn't matter which one I scanned first, it would always work but the others would be rejected. I've never experienced anything like that at any other park but we got through it. The lines tonight were completely non-existent. We literally never waited in a line 1 time...including Slinky. After Fantasmic we got 3 rides on RnR, 1 on Tower of Terror, 2 on Star Tours, 4 on SDD, 2 on Alien Saucers and 1 on Toy Story Mania. Slinky had a 1 train wait 1 time but other than that we walked on everything. Even had our own ride on Star Tours. Besides the rides, my kids also got to do all of the meet and greets which was fun. Overall there is no way you could do all of this in a typical day at the park and it was all accomplished in just a few hours.

The only other disappointment I had was within regards to ride photos. At Disneyland we could just collect the codes and then add them into the app. We assumed it was the same here so we collected the codes at Tower of Terror and RnR. At SDD we noticed that there was no where to view photos so we asked. They told us that they were loaded to our Magic Bands automatically...the problem is we didn't have Magic Bands. They said that without bands we were out of luck, there was no way to get the photos. We were also told later that getting the codes for our other ride photos was worthless and that we needed to load them on at the time of riding. There wasn't anywhere in the park that could help with photos during the after hours. I really don't understand why they have to make it so difficult and I was especially bothered that 1 ride didn't allow us to even get photos unless we had a magic band.

Overall it was a fun evening but a couple of changes could have made it even better.

I'm back at the hotel now so I'll finish up my trip report. I'm a big amusement park fan while my family is all big Disney fans. I enjoy Disney parks but this trip wasn't originally going to include a visit to Disney World. A while back we booked a cruise out of Miami but due to the cost of plane tickets we booked airfare into Orlando. We decided that we'd also visit the 2 Fun Spot parks and Universal Studios. When I learned of After Hours I decided I'd give it a try. Neither my wife or I have been to Disney World in 10 years and our kids had never been. We go to Disneyland quite frequently.

This morning we got up at 5 am in Utah to catch our flight. When we landed we grabbed a bite to eat, went to Fun Spot for 2 hours and then on to Hollywood Studios. After all that we had a 2 hour drive to Palm Beach to our hotel. Overall I'd consider the event a success. It definitely got off to a rough start as I already mentioned. Apparently all 4 of the tickets that they sent me were somehow detected exactly the same as each other. It didn't matter which one I scanned first, it would always work but the others would be rejected. I've never experienced anything like that at any other park but we got through it. The lines tonight were completely non-existent. We literally never waited in a line 1 time...including Slinky. After Fantasmic we got 3 rides on RnR, 1 on Tower of Terror, 2 on Star Tours, 4 on SDD, 2 on Alien Saucers and 1 on Toy Story Mania. Slinky had a 1 train wait 1 time but other than that we walked on everything. Even had our own ride on Star Tours. Besides the rides, my kids also got to do all of the meet and greets which was fun. Overall there is no way you could do all of this in a typical day at the park and it was all accomplished in just a few hours.

The only other disappointment I had was within regards to ride photos. At Disneyland we could just collect the codes and then add them into the app. We assumed it was the same here so we collected the codes at Tower of Terror and RnR. At SDD we noticed that there was no where to view photos so we asked. They told us that they were loaded to our Magic Bands automatically...the problem is we didn't have Magic Bands. They said that without bands we were out of luck, there was no way to get the photos. We were also told later that getting the codes for our other ride photos was worthless and that we needed to load them on at the time of riding. There wasn't anywhere in the park that could help with photos during the after hours. I really don't understand why they have to make it so difficult and I was especially bothered that 1 ride didn't allow us to even get photos unless we had a magic band.

Overall it was a fun evening but a couple of changes could have made it even better.
Sounds like you overall had a pretty good time. I wouldn’t be too worried about the slinky picture. It’s in a terrible spot and we’ve never come off with a good picture from that ride

We are flying in today. Will spend all week at the parks but skip DHS. Made reservations this morning for the 1/19 event. We are hoping to get our entire fix of DHS in those 3 hours. This will be our first time visiting Toy Story Land. We had not planned on visiting DHS again until Star Wars opened but DHS After Dark sounded like a great way to experience all the Toy Story stuff plus some of our favorites without waiting in long lines or using an entire day to visit a half way completed park. I will let everyone know how it goes.

We are flying in today. Will spend all week at the parks but skip DHS. Made reservations this morning for the 1/19 event. We are hoping to get our entire fix of DHS in those 3 hours. This will be our first time visiting Toy Story Land. We had not planned on visiting DHS again until Star Wars opened but DHS After Dark sounded like a great way to experience all the Toy Story stuff plus some of our favorites without waiting in long lines or using an entire day to visit a half way completed park. I will let everyone know how it goes.
We'll be there on the 19th too! We haven't seen TSL either and we have the same plan. It's a shorter trip and that's our only DHS time but I'm hoping it will work well! Have fun!

So sorry to hear about your ticket and PhotoPass issue! I am happy to hear you got to do a bunch of rides including all the Toy Story ones!

I am not sure if this will help, but Disney has a PhotoPass website where you can submit a missing photo inquiry. If you have a time and day, location, and picture of your family and what you were wearing, PhotoPass support may be able to retrieve the missing images. I would even give the codes you took. They must mean something in a Disney system somewhere. There is even an e-mail and phone number. No guarantees, but it may be worth a shot!

Website: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/lost-media/
Phone: 407-560-4300 (Mon - Sat, 9:00am-6:00pm ET)
E-mail: DisneyPhotoPass_support@DisneyWorld.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!