**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I'm concerned that the line for FoP may take a couple hours to clear of day guests, making this not such a good deal. :teeth:
Looks like Disney is cutting off fast passes half an hour early to help move the regular line through a little quicker. Normally the last fast pass time available would be 7:30 if the park closes at 8:00. For DAH on 1/16, the last FastPass available for most rides is 7:00. Except PW and Bugs life...go figure.

Website now has this language:
"Guests with Disney After Hours tickets can enter the park at 7:00 PM every event night.

The event takes place from 8:30 PM to 11:30 PM"

That should definitely help clear the FOP line! :)

How will that help clear the FOP line? Day guests will be there until the park closes (8:30, right?) and can get in line right to the end.

How will that help clear the FOP line? Day guests will be there until the park closes (8:30, right?) and can get in line right to the end.

At the moment at least, the park hours for these AK dates show an 8pm closing. Either Disney intends to update those dates to an 8:30pm closing (which I'm assuming is probably the case?) or they intend to have 30 mins of fudge time in there. Same applies to DHS at the moment too. Might just be a park calendar update/timing thing, not sure.

At the moment at least, the park hours for these AK dates show an 8pm closing. Either Disney intends to update those dates to an 8:30pm closing (which I'm assuming is probably the case?) or they intend to have 30 mins of fudge time in there. Same applies to DHS at the moment too. Might just be a park calendar update/timing thing, not sure.

Gotcha. Hope they keep it that way!

Really need to know what is actually going to be open before making the call.

Well, according to Disney...
  • Na’vi River Journey
  • Pandora Drummers – Swotu Wayä
  • Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
  • DINOSAUR
  • Rivers of Light
  • Tree of Life Awakenings
  • It’s Tough to be a Bug!
  • TriceraTop Spin
  • And more!
You mean you don’t want to plunk down $125 for “And More!”?? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

My observations:

While I’m glad this likely means the Tree of Life Awakenings will be running during DAH, that’s hardly an ‘attraction’ and something people can easily do all the time.

With RoL, I assume they are ‘cheating’ and including the normal nightime times in this, and not a special showing during DAH? I assume it’s the former.

Notable (unless they will be included in the “And More!” part)..... no Safari, no Kali, no Primeval Whirl.

I called the 7795 number and the automated system told me there were no events on the date I entered. Just got through to an agent after a few minutes on hold. Tickets are available by calling the number for full price and AP priced tickets. For DVC tickets, I was told to call Member Services. I'm on hold there now...

Trying to decide between this or MK after hours on our January trip. I would love to do this one as AK is my favourite park, but I'm concerned there just isn't enough to do to make it worth it...

Trying to decide between this or MK after hours on our January trip. I would love to do this one as AK is my favourite park, but I'm concerned there just isn't enough to do to make it worth it...

My two cents - I’d wait for the first few December AK DAH reviews to come in before committing.

I have no idea if/when these things will sell out so it’s a bit of a gamble, but I have to think many are going to be in a ‘wait and see’ mode with you given the cost.

Unless the FoP hysteria is still so strong that it can single-handedly make this a huge draw for people.

My two cents - I’d wait for the first few December AK DAH reviews to come in before committing.

I have no idea if/when these things will sell out so it’s a bit of a gamble, but I have to think many are going to be in a ‘wait and see’ mode with you given the cost.

Unless the FoP hysteria is still so strong that it can single-handedly make this a huge draw for people.

Thanks. I think that's what we'll do. We have FoP fastpasses so that's not really a priority for me. If we go, we'll probably avoid it unless the line does actually get really short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter