Disney 12.0 and Anniversary 9.0 Shenanigans

Day #8, Part #1: It is our departure day. We bought a bottle of Once Upon a Vine on arrival day and didn't drink it until departure day. Stopped by the Regatta Lounge one last time for breakfast and then hit up the Food & Wine kiosks. We had a lot of snack points left so we had an opportunity to sample a reasonable amount of stuff at the F&W Festival.
upload_2018-10-2_21-49-51.pngupload_2018-10-2_21-50-11.pngupload_2018-10-2_21-50-37.pngupload_2018-10-2_21-51-0.pngupload_2018-10-2_21-51-19.pngupload_2018-10-2_21-52-55.png

Hi Dan & Ali!

Finally caught up on the FAQ board, so I have started reading your trip report.

Happy Anniversary! party: It looks like a great celebration trip.

HOLY COW! Your photos are fantastic! Cell Phone??? Get out of here!

I have been collecting the photos you have posted for use on the Y&BC thread and the view thread. Merci!

I'll also add a link to your report on Post 16, where I have an index of trip reports Yacht & Beach Club trips.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Great WDW arch picture. It is so hard to get both Mickey and Minnie in their entirety in the photo. Where were you on the ME bus? Front seat?

It was great to see so many of the restaurants recognize your anniversary. :love:

See... I said there may be a "Red Head" sighting.. :) Maybe we can compare two red heads?? I have a feeling we'll be seeing double.
upload_2018-10-2_17-54-43-png.355466
upload_2018-10-2_17-55-22-png.355467

This.Is.Awesome!!!

It must have been amazing to have such positive reactions and interactions as a result of the costume. Did you dress up?

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

The Animal Kingdom resort restaurants seem to be very generous in their Anniversary freebies. We got champagne from Boma on our anniversary trip.

I have never dined at California Grill, but I will have to correct that on my next trip because I see nothing but raves from everyone who eats there. I haven't heard of the signature champagne, though.

I love the cutting board souvenir. What a great idea to get signatures on it. Will we see the completed work?

Very clever display of the 3 pearls!

I did the pick-a-pearl for the first time at Disney to celebrate our 30th anniversary, which happens to be the Pearl Anniversary.

:love:

That was about it for Day #5 for us. At this point in the trip we got back to the Yacht Club and the pool didn't close until 2300/11:00 pm so we jump in our bathing suits and hit up the lazy river and hot tub for about an hour. We did sl

About time! I was going to ask if you ever made it to Stormalong Bay!

:fish:

Hi Dan & Ali!

Finally caught up on the FAQ board, so I have started reading your trip report.

Happy Anniversary! party: It looks like a great celebration trip.

HOLY COW! Your photos are fantastic! Cell Phone??? Get out of here!
I have been collecting the photos you have posted for use on the Y&BC thread and the view thread. Merci!

I'll also add a link to your report on Post 16, where I have an index of trip reports Yacht & Beach Club trips.

:goodvibes

Thank you for all of the comments and sorry that it has taken about 3 weeks to respond. I started a new job when we returned and have been traveling a lot. This is the first weekend I'll have been able to spend both a Saturday and a Sunday at home. I'm going to respond to all of your responses in one post.

The pictures were all taken with my Samsung Galaxy S8+. It does well in the picture department. :)

For the picture of the arch.. We were actually about 7 rows back. I'm 6' 4" and have moderately long arms. I put my phone down near the walk way on the magical express and took the picture. Pretty sure I lucked out. Haha.

I would highly recommend California Grill. If possible get a reservation at around 7:45-8:00 pm (depending on when HOA or the MK fireworks will be). On a standard night when they are at 9:00 pm there is a strong possibility that you'll be finishing up your meal when the fireworks start. The food has never disappointed and view is practically perfect in every way.

We spent a lot of time at Stormalong Bay. Usually about 2 hours a day because of the heat. It was amazing. The trip as a whole was amazing and will be tough to beat. I think that our trip to Germany may top it, but only barely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!