Disers from Arizona.. opinion please on horseback riding

lisareneeo

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting Arizona this Sat and plan on horseback riding one morning.

We are a family of four. 2 Adults and children ages 8 &10. My children have never rode a horse "alone"

We have looked into Cave Creek Trail Rides and Spur Cross Stables both in Cave Creek Az. Does anyone have any info on these or recommendations? I realize they will be very tame walking rides.

Thanks for your help
Lisa

Ive never been horseback riding but this weekend will be great for it!! we will be in the mid 80's and continue all week long.
I have seen horses in South Mountain park also.

Have a great trip

Hi...I live in Cave Creek....and am hoping you haven't left already.

I'd suggest riding with Spur Cross Stables. They are actually IN the town area of Cave Creek, and you would ride along the actual creek and possibly see some Indian ruins, too.
Cave Creek Trail rides is located in an area that isn't quite as interesting....mostly just desert, near the CC Recreational Park, which isn't much to see, either.

If you drive out to Spur Cross Stables, you'll basically be going right past my house. I live along the creek. Lots of times the riders go through our property as they go along the creek.

justmestace,

We are leaving tomorrow!! Thanks for your response. We did decide we will go with Spur Cross Stables. So, your post confirmed my decision.

Thanks and am looking forward to our Arizona trip!!
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter