disembarking in NYC-experience?

bobyetman

Mouseketeer
My wife and I will be on a DCL cruise out of NYC this fall, and was wondering what the disembarking experience is? Is it like Port Canaveral, where all the luggagee is put out at once, or is more like other ports, where you disembark in groups by character? Our son will be driving a couple of hours to pick us up, and we don't want him getting there too early, and having to try and find somewhere to wait/park until we get off the ship.

My wife and I will be on a DCL cruise out of NYC this fall, and was wondering what the disembarking experience is? Is it like Port Canaveral, where all the luggagee is put out at once, or is more like other ports, where you disembark in groups by character? Our son will be driving a couple of hours to pick us up, and we don't want him getting there too early, and having to try and find somewhere to wait/park until we get off the ship.

I would just pick a time like 9 o’clock. Most places don’t have their act together like Port Canaveral and you are called by groups. I’m thinking nyc is by groups but not positive only dosembark there one time. Took me a hour to drive the short distance to the tunnel once I got off the cruise. Good thread I will be on the September repo cruise and need a time for the limo driver to pick us up. Probably just tell him 9 o’clock

Last edited:
We did express walk off in NYC back in 2012, we wanted to go to Balthazar for breakfast that morning (Delicious place).
We were off quick and just crossed the street out of the port and there were a ton of Taxi's waiting to take us to our hotel, that the one thing about NYC, always Taxi's ready and waiting!

**Try and wake up early and get on deck for when you enter the NY Harbor, the sights are amazing!!!!

NYC is hectic in my opinion, since you basically leave the terminal and are on the street. All the luggage is set out by character but they don't really disembark by character. I have found customs to be pretty quick. For private pick ups you will have to cross the street and meet up somewhere.

The disembarkation in New York was the most hectic I have seen....I have never stood in a LINE to get off the ship...We are not early people, lol...had breakfast and still had to stand in a crazy line to get off... it all worked out...didn't miss our flight, but I find disembarkation at Port Canaveral much easier. With that being said, our NYC to Bermuda cruise is one of my favorites!

The disembarkation in New York was the most hectic I have seen....I have never stood in a LINE to get off the ship...We are not early people, lol...had breakfast and still had to stand in a crazy line to get off... it all worked out...didn't miss our flight, but I find disembarkation at Port Canaveral much easier.
:confused: We've stood in lines every time we've disembarked in Port Canaveral, usually about 30 minutes or so. However, our last cruise getting off the Fantasy in May was particularly brutal. We got in line about 8:30 a.m. and didn't get off the ship until about 9:45 a.m. I think the hold-up was with Customs, though. They appeared to be very short-handed.

We had second breakfast, so we were later disembarking. We still had to wait in line a little, but once you got into the terminal it was one of the smoother processes in my opinion. They had everything very well organized and it was very quick to grab my luggage, get thru customs and walk to my hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!