Disembark time

confal1

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what time you disembark from the 4 day Wonder Cruise. We are trying to figure our air back from Orlando. And we will be renting a town car to take us. Happy Limo any word on it? Also how long does it take to get to MCO from Pt. Canavarel. Thanks

The ships generally dock between 5:30 and 6:00am. Disembarkation begins when Customs has cleared the ship, usually at about 7:30am. If you have early dinner seating, you have breakfast at 6:45am and the ship is usually cleared shortly afterward. Claiming your luggage is pretty easy and it doesn't take too long to get through the Customs line and out of the terminal. Everyone must be off the ship by 9:00am.

The ride from the port to MCO takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Using the DCL buses, I'm usually through airport security by 10:00am. I'd say that any flight after 11:00am should be fine. After noon, there would almost definitely not be a problem. The ship is sometimes delayed getting into port. It doesn't happen often, but be aware that it could happen, probably fewer than 1 time in 10.

The trade-off is how long you're willing to wait at the airport if the ship is on time vs. how certain you'd like to be that you won't miss your plane. Our flights are almost always at 12:45pm, but that turns out to be the best we can do. I personally would be comfortable with anything after 12 noon, but I think this is erring on the side of caution, as waiting in the airport terminal doesn't particularly bother me.

Thanks for your helpful information. We are taking a private car from the terminal and will probably get the 11:10 am flight.

We use Happy Limo and had an early flight time last time. We skipped breakfast (late seating) and made it to the airport in plenty of time. It's only about a 45 min. drive. but the trick is to get there a little earlier than the busloads of other cruise passengers (don't forget, people will be heading to the airport from Carnival and RCCL too). Once, thankfully when we had a later flight, we took our time and arrived at MCO to find a 90 minute security line. This time, leaving early, it was only about 15 minutes. Happy Limo has always been right on time to pick us up, and we have never had any problems making our flight.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!