Discussion on 10/10 DIS Unplugged show

Enjoyed the format of this show, but would definitely miss the news if this became permanent. I don't always have a chance to catch the Daily Fix, so no news on the main show might mean that I miss some major information. However, on a slow news week or even a week where the news stories don't generate much conversation, a discussion like this is a great idea. :)

I agree. And I would add when the news is not particularly relevant. To me - Minnie vans starting up - relevant. A new head of Disney Tokyo announced - not relevant. Someone suing because their tongue got burned by a Mickey Bar - not relevant. AP discounts extended at restaurants - relevant. Also - a ban on mentioning that stupid ice cream place which has nothing to do with anything Disney.

I loved the show. Found it so enjoyable I actually watched it 2x to make sure I didnt miss anything.

For me my no1 will always be Splash Mountain for sentimental reasons. Which ironically is closes when I visit next week :(

For me, 'the ride' is Spaceship Earth. It is somewhat classic Disney, a cool refreshing break, and a decent amount of time. Thinking about the moment when your vehicle spins around and you see the earth is making we want to call a Lyft to the airport ASAP!!!

The first half of our last trip had constant ride breakdowns, and I was getting extremely frustrated until we got stuck on that part of Spaceship Earth for about 5 minutes on a brutally hot day. It was a wonderful moment which signaled an upswing in the quality of an overall amazing trip!.

Best ride is hard on a levels - Memories,Tech, History and Thrills. Memories are great so I'm with Steve. Sense moving to Florida people mover is always a staple for Children. For us it's a timeline after moving back to central Florida 5 years ago we have watched 3 grow up with a staple of the park. Needless to say capture on Photo.

Side note for the Lady on the monarail to TTC. Wish we could go every weekend for 26 months in a row! And you made 3 children's day!!

I had a long car ride this week and it was so much more enjoyable listening to this different routine in the podcast. I felt it gave some of the podcasters like Julie a chance to voice opinions that come from a different perspective then the others which is refreshing. I also think the tone in their voices was more excited and happy and more involved then the usual reporting in. Have a feeling Pete got the idea after last week's episode with the port canaveral ice cream constant repeat, just not funny anymore and wasting everyone's time. And I think the podcasters seem to have trouble or are not interested and scrambling last minute to find information to report about. I would love to hear this type of episdoe again and include john and kevin in the mix too when they return. Regarding Jackie's article, our family loves GF cafe many times because they offer breakfast items at a later hour (for lunch) which we enjoy. It is one of our favorite breakfast/brunch places early afternoon because most places do not offer this option. It's our hidden gem for that reason, no one else does that on property.

FoP could literally belong to any park. Universal could have easily added that ride and it would fit in. It certainly doesn't scream "DISNEY" to me. Splash, Pirates, Haunted Mansion. These rides are Disney through-and-through, and none of them cause motion sickness.

Thank you! Although FOP is terrific, Gringott's is still better on many levels especially for story telling. The TTA has too many fantastic Disney memories and it does scream "DISNEY" to me. When you round the bend and see the castle is the best Disney fix you can get.

I really enjoyed the show format change up. But I guess I gotta that guy but it bugs everytime Pete says Flights of Passage it’s flight not flights sorry I know it’s petty but I can’t help it.

Regarding Jackie's article, our family loves GF cafe many times because they offer breakfast items at a later hour (for lunch) which we enjoy. It is one of our favorite breakfast/brunch places early afternoon because most places do not offer this option. It's our hidden gem for that reason, no one else does that on property.

As early AM rope droppers, when MK crowds begins to swell around 11AM, there is no better feeling then leaving MK and walking down Main Street against the incoming horde knowing you’ve hit all you “must do’s” already then heading to the boat resort launch for lovely boat trip over to a empty and beautifullly landscaped GF. There is always a table available for walk up at the GFC and I love there signature sandwich which is similar to a Kentucky Hot Brown paired with a glass of champagne was definitely our hidden gem. The service is always outstanding. After lunch it is one monorail stop back into the madness of MK or back to the resort.

The juxtaposition between the chaos, crowds and over stimulation of MK at noon and a lovely quiet lunch in an upscale setting overlooking the pool at GF was heaven. Even the ride over and back is short and enjoyable.

I would be curious if some of the reviews (for example on jackie's article for hidden gems) from Pete there can be a distinction for which meal. Because GF has a great breakfast menu and continues through lunch, clean, great atmosphere, close by, always has availability and great servers. I wonder if he based his opinion on a dinner he had there once and he should give their breakfast a try.....and for dining reviews I would love to have a mom in the mix like Julie for example who gives a different perspective from the majority of single men on the panel. It gives differing opinions.

First let me say, I miss John and Kevin and hope they enjoy their trip. I liked the format of the 10/10 show, but I liked the modification on 10/17 better. John does a terrific and professional job presenting the news and would not want that to stop. I think what could easily go and was dropped fron the 10/17 show, was rapid fires. The team always seem to struggle to come up with them and I don't see them as that different from the news. Everyone seemed to enjoy doing the discussion instead of rapid fires following the news, and it made for an informative and entertaining show. I love getting to hear from everyone, please keep the 10/17 format!!!!

First let me say, I miss John and Kevin and hope they enjoy their trip. I liked the format of the 10/10 show, but I liked the modification on 10/17 better. John does a terrific and professional job presenting the news and would not want that to stop. I think what could easily go and was dropped fron the 10/17 show, was rapid fires. The team always seem to struggle to come up with them and I don't see them as that different from the news. Everyone seemed to enjoy doing the discussion instead of rapid fires following the news, and it made for an informative and entertaining show. I love getting to hear from everyone, please keep the 10/17 format!!!!

Not sure if you use Twitter but The Dreams Unlimited account has been tweeting out stuff while they are on the trip. Seems like they are really enjoying it - though had some weather issues he first day in Hong Kong

I agree that the 10/17 show was a good blend of the formats and might be something to follow going forward ... and the "good" round table ideas could probably covered during either housekeeping or the news

I also liked the format for the 10/17 show. I would hate to lose the big, important news stories from the main show - when I'm busy that may be the only one I catch. News stories that will clearly spark a discussion are also good choices - but I'm fine with less news rather than trying to find 3 stories when they just aren't there that week.

Someone mentioned liking not having RapidFire - but I don't think I agree. I think it could use "tightening up" sometimes, but its the perfect place to get little tidbits of information. For example, a RapidFire that the lineup for the Candlelight Processional or the Fall Concert Series have been announced is a great idea - however, there is no need to list all the dates and performers. I like knowing the information has been posted and is available - if I want details I can go check on it myself. Another example would be announcing a new quick-service has been added to the online ordering system - that's good information, but no need to explain again what that is or list all the previously added restaurants. In other words, make it truly RAPID. A quick tidbit of information and maybe include more detail or a link in the show notes would be perfect (although I often have trouble finding the show notes!)

Not every RapidFire is something I personally care about, but if they are a quick sentence or two, that is OK and it does increase my general knowledge about WDW. Part of the preparation for RapidFire should be to try and get the information down to a short blurb - reading the entire press release really isn't necessary for most of these and often drags out the "story" with a bunch of fluff.

I also liked the format for the 10/17 show. I would hate to lose the big, important news stories from the main show - when I'm busy that may be the only one I catch. News stories that will clearly spark a discussion are also good choices - but I'm fine with less news rather than trying to find 3 stories when they just aren't there that week.

Someone mentioned liking not having RapidFire - but I don't think I agree. I think it could use "tightening up" sometimes, but its the perfect place to get little tidbits of information. For example, a RapidFire that the lineup for the Candlelight Processional or the Fall Concert Series have been announced is a great idea - however, there is no need to list all the dates and performers. I like knowing the information has been posted and is available - if I want details I can go check on it myself. Another example would be announcing a new quick-service has been added to the online ordering system - that's good information, but no need to explain again what that is or list all the previously added restaurants. In other words, make it truly RAPID. A quick tidbit of information and maybe include more detail or a link in the show notes would be perfect (although I often have trouble finding the show notes!)

Not every RapidFire is something I personally care about, but if they are a quick sentence or two, that is OK and it does increase my general knowledge about WDW. Part of the preparation for RapidFire should be to try and get the information down to a short blurb - reading the entire press release really isn't necessary for most of these and often drags out the "story" with a bunch of fluff.

I think the item you mentioned is a good one but could be covered in housekeeping if they wanted to keep those types of things: quick announcements and direct you where to go for more information (so maybe the housekeeping section become a bit of a hybrid of housekeeping/rapid fire but at least now they don't need to feel like everyone has to come up with a rapid fire even if nothing really warrants it)

I think the item you mentioned is a good one but could be covered in housekeeping if they wanted to keep those types of things: quick announcements and direct you where to go for more information (so maybe the housekeeping section become a bit of a hybrid of housekeeping/rapid fire but at least now they don't need to feel like everyone has to come up with a rapid fire even if nothing really warrants it)

I would disagree about moving those rapid fire items to housekeeping, but agree it doesn't have to be where everyone present needs to have a rapid fire item. Maybe just compile a list of the items that fit - such as the example stated about CP or concert series performers, or schedule changes, rehab closure announcements, new store/restaurant openings, etc. - and have one person read them. I think these types items can be very useful/helpful to anyone planning to be there during the dates mentioned, so I'd hate to see them disappear completely.

I enjoy the format of having more discussion as well, especially if they continue to keep getting the topics from trending threads here on the boards (they can always easily fill a show discussing the things we throw around in the News Round Up thread from the Rumors & News section).

Love the WEDWay (yes, intended!) :) and MUST ride it every visit to the MK, but when I think of "Classic or Iconic Disney" at WDW, I definitely see much more of a case for Pirates, HM, or IASW. I think that worldwide, most people who have never even been to WDW still have a passing idea what all those things are, just like the symbol (although maybe not the ride) of Spaceship Earth, or the castle itself.

And I'm certainly hoping to be able to ride Flights of Passage some day (might be physically challenging)

One of my favourite rides (have several must do's for every trip!) is - wait for it - it's a Small World. I will never forget the look of awe on the face of my two year old grandson when we took him on it for the first time way back in 1992. Others include the original Journey into Imagination (current one is not a patch on the original), All the Mountains, Peter Pan and Soarin'. Really looking forward to trying Flight of Passage and Na'vi River on our trip next year. :smickey::disrocks::smickey:

This one is difficult for me. Each ride means so much more than just the experience. Some are centamental, others are thrills and still there are those that just make me happy.
1. Haunted Mansion
2. Tower of Terror
3. Flight of Passage
4. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Carousel of Progress
6. People Mover

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!