Discovery magic vs. Resort magic

asamgp

Earning My Ears
We have a trip planned May and are doing it on "discovery magic" plan. Does anyone have an opinion on this verses the "resort magic" plan. We think it sounds great and got a good deal on the whole package. Just wanted some tips!:confused:

I'm using the DM package when we go in December. It'll be my son and I. I like the idea of having everything paid for before we get there. I'm planning to use the wishes for Cirque, Hoop Dee Doo, Luau, Narcoosee's, Fulton's, Tappenyaki, Le Cellier, Steam Engine Tour, Family Magic Tour, Neverland Club, Spa Treatments, Parasailing, and tons of other things. There's no way I would do all these things if I had to pay for as we go.

I too have have booked the DM for July. There are 6 of us. I couldn't decide, since 3 of us had season passes.

We are also using ours for Cirque, Watermice, Canada & Tours. I was trying to decide if I should just pay for the Cinderella b'fast and use my wish on something more expensive. Any suggestions?

I was sad that they took the trail rides off the list. The girls did that last year and loved it.

Everyone said it wasn't worth it, but I figured 3 teenagers eating at Canada, Fultons and Japan with app, meal , desert and drink is WELL WORTH it. Especially at Fulton's. With the steaks and added on lobster tails.

July seems like it will never get here.

We chose the BC as our hotel. I love that place. Such serenity.

We have used the DM package on our last few trips and we found it to be a good "deal." We used our wishes for meals, tours, golf, etc... The first time there were no restrictions- or two wish requirements- like there are now- but we still found it to work better for us. (I keep telling people this but no one on the boards ever believes me) When we priced the package out vs. room and tickets it was the same price or close enough to make the package well worth it. We LOVE this package because it's flexible and it's nice to be able to relax and have your extras already paid for. (The first time we went the wishes figured to be about 27/wish and I always use this as a starting point.)
There are some restaurants that now require two wishes and so does cirque and parasailing but it still works out...
Dana

I am also using DM for my honeymoon in October for the first time. Just like what Bowlingariel has said, I don't think DM is more expensive than a la carte. Meals are so expensive at WDW. So I should be able to save lots of $$ by dining at expensive restaurants like Jiko, Artist Point, Le Cellier and enjoy a romantic dinner with my future hubby. I also like the option of VIP seatings at events like Illuminations, Fantasy in the Sky and parades in AK.

We've used the DM package several times and recently booked it again for December (New Year's in Disney - it's so great!). We think it is definitely the way to go, and like others have posted above, it works out to be about the same amount. However, this is why we do it: after you get there you can come up with a thousand reason why you shouldn't spend the money on wonderful dinners or Cirque or watersports (even if you've already decided to throw caution to the wind and have a special trip). We've had such great times doing things we would never have done if we hadn't had the package - meals at Artist Point, California Grill, Citricos, Flying Fish and Brown Derby make it worth it, let alone everything else you can do with your wishes.

ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter