Discovery Cove

Paul and Shirley

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

as some of you know we have booked for 3 weeks next Easter and as it is over Katharine's birthday (she won't know until the day we go) we are planning to book DC.

Ideas please on how far in advance we need to book the swimming with the dolphins.

Thanks in advance

Hi there you two. I'm just back from my latest research trip, and the people there were telling me DC is basically fully booked for this summer, and they are advising people to book at least three months in advance to be sure of getting the day they want. There are a handful of cancellations each time, which you can call for a month or less in advance, but for something like the trip you have planned, I would want to get it booked asap. Once you have your flights confirmed (and paid for!), I'd be inclined to get on to DC straight away.

One other thing I forgot to mention on my Brit's Guide update is they have just completed an extension of the aviary at DC, and this is now a seriously cute feature, doubling the size of it as it was and adding an area for large birds and really small ones. DC is also the most popular attraction in Orlando, bar none, for Brits, so you'll be sure to meet up with a few other folks from the UK along the way (the park is up to 40% British some days - that's around 400 of their 1,000 daily capacity!!).

For a busy time like Easter, I'd suggest booking as early as possible. I'd book DC on one of the busiest days over the holiday as all the other parks will be busy and DC has a very comfortable feel to it, even at capacity.
I'm not suprised DC is so popular with the Brits, given the total cost of a vacation DC , while expensive, doesn't "hurt" as much proportionally as it does to the Americans that are only going for a week. Plus we can make full use of the week of SW, which does make a lot of difference to the over all "affordability" of DC.

Have a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing the new aviary.

We booked DC last week for late August and it was starting to get full for that time.

One good thing is that, if you book early, you do not have to pay to whole amount straight away. If you click the payment options button when booking, you can pay a deposit and the rest about 6 weeks before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter