Discovery cove?

Winston112

Mouseketeer
Is DC worth if you don't do the dolphin swim? My son is only 6 and I'm not a very good swimmer. What do you think?

Depends on what you want/like.

If you like relaxation, snorkeling, , great scenery, lack of crowds, great provided lunch, and seven free days at Sea World.. yes.

I did the swim, but when we go back I probably would let my kids do the swim, and then just do other stuff with them.

Even if you aren't a great swimmer (I'm not), the vests are very nice and keep you afloat well.

You can watch others do their "dolphin time". WE got a seat and probably watched others for about an hour.

My daughter and her girlfriend are doing the dolphin swim. I'm just gonna do the snorkeling and bird watching. I did the dolphins in depth at Epcot last May and got to be in the water with the dolphins then, so I can skip the dolphin swim this time.

But it is one beautiful experience to be with them. They are awesome.

Discovery Cove is well worth the money. I am not the strongest swimmer and my 9 year old tends to be nervous around water. My 4 year old can't swim, and my 16 and 13 year olds aren't what I would call strong swimmers. you must wear a wet suit or a swim vest, both which keep you buoyant. They also have life jackets, which my 4 year old wore (it was way to big for my 1 year old). If you do the dolphin swim, part of it is in an area that you stand in. Your group is divided and half goes into deeper water, half stays in the same place, and then you switch places. You do not have to go into deeper water you can stay in the shallower water. My 9 year old did this and he actually had the better ride with the dolphin. There are life guards Everywhere, and I mean everywhere! There is a fresh water lazy river type of thing that loops around andyou go through water falls and a cave. This was alot of fun. They have those noodle things laying (or floating) around, so grab one and enjoy. I took my 4 year old around the river with one, he liked his adventure so much we had to go twice. My 9 year old used the noodle and felt very secure. The salt water swimming doesn't allow the noodles, but again there is alot of room to swim or wade in areas that you are comfortable in. We all really had a great day here.

DC sounds like a great place...:p :p We can't wait, only 37 days to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter