Discovery Cove updated schedule through 2020

EleanorMaeBerry

Earning my beers
I bought a ticket through a reseller for admission to Discovery Cove for a Wednesday in October and received the ticket via email. Looking at the schedule on the Discovery Cove website today and noticed that they updated their schedule and they're now closed Tues-Thursdays for most of the rest of the year. No one notified me about it (yet).

I'm assuming that they'll allow a refund for the amount of the ticket. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Has anyone else received a refund yet? Were you given any other options? :) I'll post an update once I receive an answer from the ticket reseller as well.

We purchased tickets months ago for a Tuesday in August. I haven’t heard from DC at all. Maybe they will be open for those that already have reservations and are just not taking new ones in order to reduce capacity?

We purchased tickets months ago for a Tuesday in August. I haven’t heard from DC at all. Maybe they will be open for those that already have reservations and are just not taking new ones in order to reduce capacity?
I am replying to my own post. I emailed DC and asked why it appears the park is closed T - TH for many months. Their reply was that they are not accepting new reservations for those days right now. No more detail than that given.

It's been a month since my original post and still no update from Discovery Cove. Although it's a refundable ticket, I requested to move the date to a day in August. I'm thinking that maybe they were just waiting for approvals on opening dates/etc before accepting ticket changes, which makes sense, so I'll give them a few more weeks. It's definitely not the reseller's delay, but with DC. If I don't hear anything by the end of June, I'll put in a new request to cancel the tickets because at that point it's not worth the effort and anxiety.

I bought a ticket through a reseller for admission to Discovery Cove for a Wednesday in October and received the ticket via email. Looking at the schedule on the Discovery Cove website today and noticed that they updated their schedule and they're now closed Tues-Thursdays for most of the rest of the year. No one notified me about it (yet).

I'm assuming that they'll allow a refund for the amount of the ticket. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Has anyone else received a refund yet? Were you given any other options? :) I'll post an update once I receive an answer from the ticket reseller as well.
We have a visit booked in July and just received a call and email that asked us to contact them and pick a different day that was a Fri-Mon. So we are moving our day from the Tuesday scheduled to the day before. I am betting they will contact you a little closer to your trip, especially since things may change more beforeOctober.

We have a visit booked in July and just received a call and email that asked us to contact them and pick a different day that was a Fri-Mon. So we are moving our day from the Tuesday scheduled to the day before. I am betting they will contact you a little closer to your trip, especially since things may change more beforeOctober.

That's good to hear that they did contact someone!

Well..I gave up. I ended up requesting a refund. I'll lose a small processing fee. Being on a budget, it was just too much stress to hold onto close to $1000 in tickets when DC hasn't confirmed if I can change the date from Oct to August and I can't find any information online on what specific animal interactions (other than the dolphin encounter) will be limited or taken away for August. Plus, who knows if I'll even make it down there since my flight has already been changed 2 times by Frontier. No complaints by me, though, just being pragmatic!

Just providing one last update on this! I requested a refund from the third party reseller for my Discovery Cove tickets on June 6th and it returned to my credit card on Sept 14th. It looks like they waited a full 3 months. I'm bummed that I don't have any trips planned to Orlando in the near future, but happy to be able to move on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!