Discovery Cove Questions

RedRose14207

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are considering going to Discovery Cove for one day during our upcoming trip (September 2019). I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. Maybe a few of you nice people will have some answers for me!

1) Do you have to wear the wetsuit at all times? Like in the beach area? My husband would probably rather wear his swim trunks and a t-shirt as he is not comfortable wearing tight clothing.
2) Can you see dolphins without swimming with them? I see on the map it looks like there is a beach area that you could likely see the dolphins swimming without paying for the experience. Anyone know if this is true?
3) Any other suggestions/tips/etc. for me??

Thank you in advance!

My husband and I are considering going to Discovery Cove for one day during our upcoming trip (September 2019). I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. Maybe a few of you nice people will have some answers for me!

1) Do you have to wear the wetsuit at all times? Like in the beach area? My husband would probably rather wear his swim trunks and a t-shirt as he is not comfortable wearing tight clothing.
2) Can you see dolphins without swimming with them? I see on the map it looks like there is a beach area that you could likely see the dolphins swimming without paying for the experience. Anyone know if this is true?
3) Any other suggestions/tips/etc. for me??

Thank you in advance!

Nope, you can take the wetsuit off when you are out of the water. You also don't have to wear a full wetsuit at all - you can opt to wear the swim vest which is much less restrictive.

You can absolutely see the dolphins without swimming with them - we have never done the dolphin swim and have had no issue seeing the dolphins from a few different locations.

Have a look at the Discovery Cove - General Information thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-general-information.3587710/) for other general information and other posters experiences and comments.

Nope, you can take the wetsuit off when you are out of the water. You also don't have to wear a full wetsuit at all - you can opt to wear the swim vest which is much less restrictive.

You can absolutely see the dolphins without swimming with them - we have never done the dolphin swim and have had no issue seeing the dolphins from a few different locations.

Have a look at the Discovery Cove - General Information thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-general-information.3587710/) for other general information and other posters experiences and comments.

Thank you!

We've been to Discovery Cove twice and love, love, love it! The pace and atmosphere is so slow and relaxing. We always wear the buoyancy vest and skip the full on wetsuit. In fact, we always go in the summer and have never seen anyone in the wetsuit. And like the pp, you can see the dolphins without doing the experience. The first time we went we did the dolphin experience, but opted out the second time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!