Discovery Cove Photo packages

Michael Webb

Earning My Ears
I just noticed that Discovery Cove is offering photo packages for purchase ahead of time (maybe they were always there but I didn't see it!). The price is $219 which I think is a little steep - but you get a video of the dolphin encounter and any other photos they take during the day. My questions are:
1. Does anyone know what the regular price is if you choose to buy this at the park on the day you are there (how much is this discounted?)
2. What other photos do they take of you during the day? I thought they only did the dolphin photos. We are also doing the Animal Trek and the Seaventure - do they take pictures during those?
Has anyone bought this package (ahead of time or on that day at the park)? What did you think? a good value?
I'm really torn about getting it by the price...

I'm commenting just to bump this because I'm interested in replies. From my reading it would seem you save $10 buying ahead of time. Not sure about the other adventures, I would have to imagine the seaventure would though, otherwise how else would everyone have all of the photos they post? Though from reading I'm pretty sure there aren't photograhers other places randomly around. We have a group of 12 with 3 adults not doing the dolphin swim. So i'm hoping their photos will be good enough to not need the package. But sadly, our resident photographer will be in the water with us, so not sure how well that will go :-)

So when we went back in 2013, we bought this package. Looking at the photos, there was a DC photographer in the bird aviary that got some good pictures of my family, and also one of us in the lazy river that had to have been by DC photographer. So at least then there were a few other photographers besides the dolphin swim, although that was 5 years ago. Honestly, $10 is not enough to justify purchasing this in advance, I would wait and see what your photos look like. Ours turned out amazing, especially for my DD, who was celebrating her bday, so it was a no brainer.

So when we went back in 2013, we bought this package. Looking at the photos, there was a DC photographer in the bird aviary that got some good pictures of my family, and also one of us in the lazy river that had to have been by DC photographer. So at least then there were a few other photographers besides the dolphin swim, although that was 5 years ago. Honestly, $10 is not enough to justify purchasing this in advance, I would wait and see what your photos look like. Ours turned out amazing, especially for my DD, who was celebrating her bday, so it was a no brainer.

I completely agree.

When we were there in May, we did not see any photographers anywhere other than in the dolphin pools....and out of our 6 visits to DC, this was a first. They are no longer doing family photos as you enter, either, so I'm wondering if they have cut back on photographers as a cost-cutting measure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!