Discovery Cove in December? Temps in the 50/60s?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done Discovery Cove during December (or a cold snap) when the temps were down in the 50s/60s? Will the full wet suits be enough to keep you warm both in and out of the water? We're from Canada and are used to COLD, so typically 50s is jeans and t-shirt weather for us, but not when we're soaking wet, lol. Do they have full wetsuits for young children (size 6)?

We visited Discovery Cove in mid December a couple of years ago. It was probably 55-60 degrees. Overall, we still had a great time. They have full wetsuits for all sizes. The lazy river water was heated and felt amazing. The dolphin swim and the snorkeling area were chilly but with the wetsuit, we acclimated quickly. We loved the experience. The aviary is amazing!!!

Agree, one December we went, it was 62. From the north also, we thought it was cool, but not cold. Most of the water is heated like a bathtub temperature, particularly the river. Where the fish are no, so much, but not that cold either. They do have heaters around, so you can go near one if feel cold. Wetsuits did help, and yes, they have wetsuits for kids and adults, in all sizes. They are petty good at guessing which one will fit you. If it doesn't, just go back and ask for another.

We totally enjoyed our day there even when it was not that hot.

I'm from the north too, thought i was hardy as used to dipping in my pool when the water hits a balmy 68 degrees - HA!

Our temp this January likely never made it out of low 60's, showers, overcast but it was surprisingly windy. Had thought the landscaping would prevent that.

I went with a vest as usual. Typically, feel overheated in a wet suit for the whole day but do wear when snorkling in open water. Let's just say I was shortly shivering while my son in the wet suit was comfy. Lesson learned there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter