Discovery Cove and Sea World April 2022

JulieV2222

Earning My Ears
Just returned from a fun trip to DC and SW. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn SeaWorld, which is next to the Spring Hill Suites, Holiday Inn, and Towne Place. Great location which is easy walking distance to DC, has a cool view of Mako and Kraken at SW, and is in the same parking lot as many restaurants and CVS. However, the shuttle times were annoying and I ended up taking Lyft back from SW.
Overall Discovery Cove did not disappoint. Really beautiful and relaxing park. However, 75 and partly cloudy was about the coldest weather I would want to be there in. The heated areas were lovely but the dolphin experience at 10:30am was pretty cold, even with wet suits.
Sea World was more crowded than I expected but we had a ton of fun. Over 2 (sort of half) days we did almost everything in the park. Found less crowds areas by the dolphins and manatee rescue center.
Random advice
1) As always in FL, buy a case of bottled water when you arrive. Very convenient with CVS right next to my hotel.
2) Food places were some of the longest lines at Sea World. Plan accordingly. Having learned my lesson the first day and eating at Expedition, the second day I ran right to the Pretzel place immediately after the orca show and had no line. Great, large pretzels with cheese and pepperoni.
3) The penguins at SW also had crazy lines. Way longer than ANY coaster. We learned our lesson and saw them first our second day there.
4) Animal shows at SW open the seating area 30 minutes before the show starts so no need to get there earlier than that. I did like going early to sit and relax while waiting for the show and resting. Seemed like a good view from all seats though.
5) I don’t know how people survive theme parks without Fanny packs, lol.
Let me know if you have any questions!!03366CFC-6A23-4EB7-96A8-2B646C04A4E7.jpeg4651E74E-2BA2-4CE1-88EF-D0EB8BF454D6.jpegA3DFC9EA-C965-4B67-A48A-C875F9F19C87.jpeg7114B51F-353F-4825-9D6F-5D000081B7D1.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter