Discounts for July 2018?

Holding out for a decent room discount, not sure we want to pay rack rate or only get 10% off for two rooms at Pop when it’s $173/night for just one standard room with the summer rate. I looked into the one free quick service meal summer promotion for value resorts that was released today and the only availability is for preferred rooms at All Star Music and preferred rooms All Star Sports which we are not interested in. Since the All Stars are the resorts the July tour groups primarily stay at we will have a slim chance of getting connecting rooms (among other issues we may face).

I got an e-mail from or TA this morning that the Summer Meal Deal was released and she applied it to our reservation for the end of June. I don't have the specific details of the deal -- I know it's one QS meal per night per guest, but I don't know the dates to share with everyone. It's obviously good through late June, though. :)

ETA: Found the details. Book by Feb. 11 for travel May 29- August 25. Requires room & tickets. Not available at campsites or LM rooms.
Do you happen to know if an alcoholic drink is included with this meal?

Gone for awhile but looking for July discounts. Hoping to stay again at Wilderness Lodge. Right now it's around the low $400s.:eek:

My wife and I are staying at POP for a week near the end of July. We looked to add the free Quick Service Single Meal dining deal when it was released on the 3rd, but weren't able to get it. Despite multiple phone calls and cast member confusion that involved "getting the manager," they said the promotion was not offered for our room. I found that strange since I was calling literally an hour after the promotion had been posted. I don't know if it was a computer glitch or a happy accident, but I checked back a couple of days ago, and was suddenly able to add it to our reservation. Mathematically, it was/is a better savings than waiting for a 15% room discount, so I was pretty pumped.

Is it possible to apply discounts to reservations without calling them? I too am staying at Pop in late July but since my husband is not planning on going into the parks, I didn't do the meal deal and am hoping to apply a room only discount if it becomes available. I just realized that it's odd that I haven't applied discounts but last year we went through a travel agent and at least two of my other stays were a bit last minute so I haven't ever applied discounts after the fact.

Is it possible to apply discounts to reservations without calling them? I too am staying at Pop in late July but since my husband is not planning on going into the parks, I didn't do the meal deal and am hoping to apply a room only discount if it becomes available. I just realized that it's odd that I haven't applied discounts but last year we went through a travel agent and at least two of my other stays were a bit last minute so I haven't ever applied discounts after the fact.
It is definitely possible to apply discounts online to existing reservations...I did this last year. If you click on "My Reservations", there should be an option to "Change Reservation". If you click on that, you will come to a "Reservation Details" page where you should see your "Vacation Offer" with an option to "Change". Currently, since there are no available offers for my reservation (I am travelling in late June/early July with a room only reservation), I get the "No Available Offers" message. However, once they released discounts for July last year, when I clicked on "Change", the discounted offer was displayed and I was easily able to change my existing reservation to the discounted deal. I think there has to be availability for the discount that matches your existing dates but I will admit, I don't know a lot about how that whole system works. All I can say is that I was able to make the change easily online. I have also booked with a travel agent and there is no option to check for an additional discount online, as far as I know (i.e. the "Change Reservation" option does not exist). Hope that helps!

Last night I was able to book two standards rooms at Pop Century for our trip dates under the summer free meal promotion. Not sure if Disney releases availability in intervals or maybe there were cancellations and I got lucky by checking at the right time. Since we have to get two rooms I only book standard rooms in order to keep the cost reasonable. There is no way I would have booked this offer if our only options were preferred or pool view rooms when the summer rates are already higher to begin with. This promotion definitely works out better for us than a room discount (for the value resorts) because of the cost of meals for the seven of us. Even with the upgrade to the quick service dining plan I am ok with the overall package price considering we are going in the summer and staying onsite.

Last night I was able to book two standards rooms at Pop Century for our trip dates under the summer free meal promotion. Not sure if Disney releases availability in intervals or maybe there were cancellations and I got lucky by checking at the right time. Since we have to get two rooms I only book standard rooms in order to keep the cost reasonable. There is no way I would have booked this offer if our only options were preferred or pool view rooms when the summer rates are already higher to begin with. This promotion definitely works out better for us than a room discount (for the value resorts) because of the cost of meals for the seven of us. Even with the upgrade to the quick service dining plan I am ok with the overall package price considering we are going in the summer and staying onsite.

Yay!!! We're currently booked in a suite at AoA with the Summer Meal deal. I agree that with a large family, free food can be a better savings than a straight room discount. We booked 2 rooms at Pop with free QS dining several years ago. There were only 5 of us (all Disney adults) on that trip but we still saved more money with that deal than we would have with the room discount available at that time. However, in 2016, when we were traveling with 4 kids (all Disney adults) and booked the Summer Meal Deal for a suite at AoA, we did end up switching to a better deal when discounts came out in spring. There was a 15% off room and tickets plus free park hopping on the tickets deal that ended up saving us more money than the SMD would have. So keep your eyes open when deals come out in March/April...there *might* be something better.

Yay!!! We're currently booked in a suite at AoA with the Summer Meal deal. I agree that with a large family, free food can be a better savings than a straight room discount. We booked 2 rooms at Pop with free QS dining several years ago. There were only 5 of us (all Disney adults) on that trip but we still saved more money with that deal than we would have with the room discount available at that time. However, in 2016, when we were traveling with 4 kids (all Disney adults) and booked the Summer Meal Deal for a suite at AoA, we did end up switching to a better deal when discounts came out in spring. There was a 15% off room and tickets plus free park hopping on the tickets deal that ended up saving us more money than the SMD would have. So keep your eyes open when deals come out in March/April...there *might* be something better.

Thank you, I will definitely keep my eyes open for other deals. I’m constantly number crunching to see what is best. A combined savings on room and park tickets would be awesome since park tickets are the most expensive part of the trip.

It is definitely possible to apply discounts online to existing reservations...I did this last year. If you click on "My Reservations", there should be an option to "Change Reservation". If you click on that, you will come to a "Reservation Details" page where you should see your "Vacation Offer" with an option to "Change". Currently, since there are no available offers for my reservation (I am travelling in late June/early July with a room only reservation), I get the "No Available Offers" message. However, once they released discounts for July last year, when I clicked on "Change", the discounted offer was displayed and I was easily able to change my existing reservation to the discounted deal. I think there has to be availability for the discount that matches your existing dates but I will admit, I don't know a lot about how that whole system works. All I can say is that I was able to make the change easily online. I have also booked with a travel agent and there is no option to check for an additional discount online, as far as I know (i.e. the "Change Reservation" option does not exist). Hope that helps!
Thanks!

I have a split stay with 3+3 nights. So I'm guessing the summer free meal will not apply as they are seen as two separate reservations? Thanks.

Joining in! We're booked with a FD BB package for early/mid-July. Waiting patiently for summer room-only discounts, as there are only two of us and that may be a better deal.

Waiting for late July deals. Looking for room only AP deals....fingers crossed!

Waiting to see if a good AP or FL resident deal shows up for July. Told my daughter we'd actually go for her birthday this year (july 4th) but I really don't wanna pay rack rates.

Looking for an AP for Disney Visa deal for July. We are staying a couple nights to do the Moonlight Magic event and currently have BC booked, but a discount on that, or another Epcot resort, would be nice.

I'm thinking with the Toy Story land opening date of June 30th that we've lost any chance of getting good deals for July.

I'm thinking with the Toy Story land opening date of June 30th that we've lost any chance of getting good deals for July.

That's what I'm afraid of too! I waited to long, and should've booked the free QS meal deal (even though I still don't know if we are really going to go the last 1/2 of July)! Maybe Disney is just waiting to see...fingers crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!