Discounted rates ever offered?

sltrawick

Mouseketeer
For as long as I've been going to FW, I have never seen any discounted rates offered for the campsites other than AAA or Disney Club rates.

I've been to mousesavers and they offer codes on cabins, but I have never seen any discounted rates. Just wondering if they were out there.

WE are going in June and I got a discounted rate through Disney Club, but just wondering if there is anything out there that might be cheaper?

For as long as I've been going to FW, I have never seen any discounted rates offered for the campsites other than AAA or Disney Club rates.

I remember checking into a discount code for a preferred campsite last year. The new discount would of actually of raised my DC discounted rate!:rolleyes:
Here's a website that seems to offer quite a lot of information on discounts and the codes Disney offers.

http://www.orlandotripplanner.com/alerts/alerts.html

Hope this can be of help!:D

I rec'd a discount from a code on Mousesavers in October 2002. I have no idea if it was better than DC or not. What about an AP discount?

Be sure and ask for Florida Resident rates. They are not always availible but we have often gotten great deals. Full hook-up for $29. We have also rec'd codes from Disney by mail. We have never gotten a good deal with our PAPs.

Oh my gosh, who do I call to ask for the Fl rate? I didn't even know that there might be one.

I always have gone through DC.

Disney had a booth set up at the RV show and they had a discount codes on a flyer they gave out. The do have discounts for campsites periodically, you have to ask for them as they do not usually offer them, mousesavers usually has them eventually.

Originally posted by Disney Campers
Disney had a booth set up at the RV show and they had a discount codes on a flyer they gave out. The do have discounts for campsites periodically, you have to ask for them as they do not usually offer them, mousesavers usually has them eventually.

Do you have any of those codes that would pertain to any campsites in June? Right now, I have a rate of $52.00 a night for water/elec/sewage. No cable. I would like a better rate for June.Do you have any of those codes that would pertain to any campsites in June? Right now, I have a rate of $52.00 a night for water/elec/sewage. No cable. I would like a better rate for June.
Also, what is the phone number to call and check? I usually just use the Disney Club toll free number when I make my ressies, but I don't think that will work for this one.

Last year July, we used a code and got a preferred site (1400 loop) for $56.21/ night. This included the added fees for the extra people. We had 6 total. This beat the DC rate of $60.34/night that we had previously booked. They may not have come out with the summer codes yet. Ours didn't come out until the 3rd week in April last year.

Boy do I wish we were going back this summer!

I hope they come out soon. I have to send off the rest of my money for the reservation by May 21st. So, I'll have to have the codes out before then. aahh!I hope they come out soon. I have to send off the rest of my money for the reservation by May 21st. So, I'll have to have the codes out before then. aahh!

In late 2001 through about the first half of 2002, almost all of the "general public" discount codes that came out applied to campsites. There were some great discounts from those codes!

Since about last fall the campsites have been excluded from the codes that have been available :( -- except possibly for Florida residents.

However, you never know what may happen in the future! If Disney needs to fill the campsites, you may see discount codes applying to them again.

Also, Disney Campers is right, sometimes there are codes distributed on flyers at RV shows. Whenever someone finds one and sends me the info, I put it on my site.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Originally posted by FoodLover
In late 2001 through about the first half of 2002, almost all of the "general public" discount codes that came out applied to campsites. There were some great discounts from those codes!

Since about last fall the campsites have been excluded from the codes that have been available :( -- except possibly for Florida residents.

However, you never know what may happen in the future! If Disney needs to fill the campsites, you may see discount codes applying to them again.

Also, Disney Campers is right, sometimes there are codes distributed on flyers at RV shows. Whenever someone finds one and sends me the info, I put it on my site.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thanks Mary,
I'm always, always checking out Mousesavers (and thanks for the job that you do too). :)
I just have never seen any codes and if there are any, it's usually in Jan or Feb for them.
Right now I have a rate, like I said of $52.00 for a full-hookup site in June through DC.
What I'm going to hate is the next time I go (2004), I won't be able to use my DC card anymore. I guess I'll have to try AAA and see if I can get a good price that way.
By the way, does anyone know if going through AAA for campsites, is it hard to do, are the discounts readily available like DC?
I have never been able to go to an RV show (I would love to but there usually isn't any around in my area, etc). So....someone does get a code.....post, post, post! :)
Thanks

sltrawick, I just booked a site through Disney CRO by mentioning my AAA membership, and got a 20% discount over the published rate. The agent asked my AAA membership number and expiration date. Other than that, it was pretty painless, same as the regular reservation process. -yoko

Originally posted by yoko
sltrawick, I just booked a site through Disney CRO by mentioning my AAA membership, and got a 20% discount over the published rate. The agent asked my AAA membership number and expiration date. Other than that, it was pretty painless, same as the regular reservation process. -yoko

[SIZE=large]Wow,
That's great. Do they pretty much have the sites available at the AAA rate whenever? Or are they only available for a short time?

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of price did you get and when are you going?[/SIZE]

My reservation is for a week immediately after the category changes to "LOW SEASON" (Aug 4). I never tried AAA discount in any other season, so I am not so sure about other time. (As a matter of fact, this is my first time camping at WDW.) Perhaps they give AAA rate only when the campground is not expected to be filled??? I got discount off the published low season full hook up rate which is $40.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter