Discount/free entry, fast pass?

Hello. My cousin gave us two CM comp tickets but she'll be on vacation when we go. She swears that because we're family we can go in without her. Seeing these other posts is making me nervous, though. Any insight?
You can enter with the comp tickets - they are regular park hoppers and can be used by anyone. The CM does not need to be with you.

Link them to your MDX and you’ll have a 7-day FP booking window.

That's strange. I'm not able to see my friends guest passes at all when it comes to FP, and as far as I know they can't see mine. The only time I can see their passes is under My Reservations, but I'm unable to see any FP booked with those passes.

[not at all doubting your experience with this. Just noting that it's different than what I've experienced]

Ran into something similar a couple of weeks ago. Daughter was making the FP's but couldn't connect to my Self Admission Pass. Something about we were not linked through some sort of "invite" from my pass to her. Can't remember where it was on MDE but once I did the "invite" and she accepted, all was good.

This is my understanding thus far:
- with a CM guest pass, the CM can book FP+ for you 7 days in advance
- if you have a reservation linked in MDX, the CM can book FP+ 60 days in advance
- conflicting reports as to whether guests can modify FP+ reservations if MDX accounts are linked

Is this correct so far?

And I'd like to ask: after initial 3 FP+ are used, can you make 4th, 5th etc FP+ using the MDX app (not the kiosk)? Or Does CM have to do this?

Thanks!

My partner is a cast member and when we visit I use one of his 3 guest passes. He can book our FP+ at 60 days (we are not local so we always have an onsite hotel reservation). I do know that FP+ selections can only be booked for a certain amount of consecutive days (I think maybe 3?) as he fills in days between using his comp tickets. There are also some blackout dates for specific parks (you can find calendars online). Also, he has to make the additional FP+'s in MDX, I can't (our MDX accounts are fully linked, but even so I can't make additional selections). The guest pass is also not linked to your magicband, so you need to scan it when you check in for fast passes (I've tried to scan my magicband only to remember I had to use the pass more times than I'd care to admit).

My partner is a cast member and when we visit I use one of his 3 guest passes. He can book our FP+ at 60 days (we are not local so we always have an onsite hotel reservation). I do know that FP+ selections can only be booked for a certain amount of consecutive days (I think maybe 3?) as he fills in days between using his comp tickets. There are also some blackout dates for specific parks (you can find calendars online). Also, he has to make the additional FP+'s in MDX, I can't (our MDX accounts are fully linked, but even so I can't make additional selections). The guest pass is also not linked to your magicband, so you need to scan it when you check in for fast passes (I've tried to scan my magicband only to remember I had to use the pass more times than I'd care to admit).
Thanks so much! A bunch of info here I didn't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter