Discount/free entry, fast pass?

MeganMango

Mouseketeer
I didn't really know where to post this, but this board seemed the most appropriate, so here we go.

I have a friend who works at Disney who says she can get me into the park for free. Has anyone ever taken advantage of this? Getting in for free? If so, were you able to use fast passes still?

Pros/cons to letting a cast member get you in for free?

Obviously a big pro is the free part.

I didn't really know where to post this, but this board seemed the most appropriate, so here we go.

I have a friend who works at Disney who says she can get me into the park for free. Has anyone ever taken advantage of this? Getting in for free? If so, were you able to use fast passes still?

Pros/cons to letting a cast member get you in for free?

Obviously a big pro is the free part.
Your CM friend is allowed to bring and admit Guests into the park by use of a Guest Pass. You'll have to stay with her throughout the park day and she can book FPs prior to arriving at the park.

If your CM friend is gifting you with a CM Comp ticket, you can link it to your MDE account and book FPs 7 days prior to your park day. If you have an onsite resort reservation, you can book your FPs 60 days prior to your park day. The Comp ticket is a park hopper and you don't have to stay with your CM friend during the park day.

you don't have to stay with your CM friend during the park day.

While this is technically true, please do note that your CM friend is responsible for you (and anyone else in your party) while you are in the park as their guest. Meaning that if you get into trouble, they can and likely will be reprimanded as well. The CM's are advised to stay with the guests, but once you are in the park, you may split up.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

I just used both comp tickets (stayed onsite, booked FP for those days at 60 days) and was signed in using a guest pass. With the sign in we could not pre book.

I just used both comp tickets (stayed onsite, booked FP for those days at 60 days) and was signed in using a guest pass. With the sign in we could not pre book.
With Guest Passes, only the CM has access to book the FPs and they can do that 7 days in advance; 60 if the onsite room was linked to their MDE.

With Guest Passes, only the CM has access to book the FPs and they can do that 7 days in advance; 60 if the onsite room was linked to their MDE.
No the guest can book there own FP if they have the ticket. Also the CM dose not have to stay with the guest even if they use there blue ID to get into the park. If they use there Blue ID to get you in the park then leave you can go to GR and let then know you got in the park with your friends ID and they will give you a park ticket to use for FP

While this is technically true, please do note that your CM friend is responsible for you (and anyone else in your party) while you are in the park as their guest. Meaning that if you get into trouble, they can and likely will be reprimanded as well. The CM's are advised to stay with the guests, but once you are in the park, you may split up.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Hiro was specifically talking about comp tickets with that line - cast are not required to be with the guest using comps at all during the visit, including to let them in. They are treated as regular day passes.

Guest passes are when cast must stay with non-family, though family are allowed to be in the park without the CM.

No the guest can book there own FP if they have the ticket. Also the CM dose not have to stay with the guest even if they use there blue ID to get into the park. If they use there Blue ID to get you in the park then leave you can go to GR and let then know you got in the park with your friends ID and they will give you a park ticket to use for FP

It is physically impossible for someone other than the CM to prebook FP using a guest pass. The system only links guest passes to the CMs MDX account - no one else has access. Once in the park, the guest can use the pass to book using the kiosk.

The blue id is no longer used to admit guests into WDW. Now the cast must use their main entrance pass + guest passes for entrance. Also, it is explicitly stated that cast must stay with non-family guests for the duration of the visit. To do otherwise would be against company policy and could lead to termination.

No the guest can book there own FP if they have the ticket.
I was referring to pre-booking. The CM can pre-book FPs for the Guest Passes. It can only be done through the Main Gate's Profile in the CM's MDE account.

Listen to SureasLiz. Just to add to this, once the CM books the fastpasses, if you are on the reservation you can modify them. But as mentioned, the guest cannot initiate fastpass booking

HM2012Butler ~ does this mean if the Guest has access to the CM's MDE account?

Or, that the FP can be Modified at a kiosk as any FP has that ability?

If you each have an MDX account and you are friends or linked or whatever they call it, the guest can modify. Currently in this situation with family

If you each have an MDX account and you are friends or linked or whatever they call it, the guest can modify. Currently in this situation with family

That's strange. I'm not able to see my friends guest passes at all when it comes to FP, and as far as I know they can't see mine. The only time I can see their passes is under My Reservations, but I'm unable to see any FP booked with those passes.

[not at all doubting your experience with this. Just noting that it's different than what I've experienced]

That's strange. I'm not able to see my friends guest passes at all when it comes to FP, and as far as I know they can't see mine. The only time I can see their passes is under My Reservations, but I'm unable to see any FP booked with those passes.

[not at all doubting your experience with this. Just noting that it's different than what I've experienced]

Honestly I didn't think they were going to be able to mess with them either but my sister was able to go in and modify them. I think they even changed a park day (not just modify rides and times). Had full access once I booked the initial passes. Can only have four days though

I have a CM MDE linked to my MDE and all I can access is the CM for FP booking. Perhaps because I didn't do the invite to link my MDE to the CM MDE.

I always just access via the CM MDE when needed. @HM2012Butler ~ the two-way linking sounds much better!:)

Also, it is explicitly stated that cast must stay with non-family guests for the duration of the visit. To do otherwise would be against company policy and could lead to termination.
CMs do this all the time without recourse, they sign in their guests and then leave to go to work. It may be a policy but I've never known it to be enforced.

CMs do this all the time without recourse, they sign in their guests and then leave to go to work. It may be a policy but I've never known it to be enforced.

I do know someone who was termed for violating this policy. I also know of people who were termed for abusing their company discounts. It does happen.
Misuse of company benefits is a big deal and if a CM chooses to violate that policy, then that's their choice but I will not actively promote doing so.

I've heard of CMs who were termed. In these cases, they were apparently selling or trading access to the parks for money or other consideration, to people they didn't know. It's kind of hard to prove that money exchanged hands or that the person you signed in isn't your friend, but this policy essentially is another deterrent to stealing in that way

Hello. My cousin gave us two CM comp tickets but she'll be on vacation when we go. She swears that because we're family we can go in without her. Seeing these other posts is making me nervous, though. Any insight?

This is my understanding thus far:
- with a CM guest pass, the CM can book FP+ for you 7 days in advance
- if you have a reservation linked in MDX, the CM can book FP+ 60 days in advance
- conflicting reports as to whether guests can modify FP+ reservations if MDX accounts are linked

Is this correct so far?

And I'd like to ask: after initial 3 FP+ are used, can you make 4th, 5th etc FP+ using the MDX app (not the kiosk)? Or Does CM have to do this?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter