DISchurners Hotel Reviews Thread (extension of I love credit cards so much! thread)

Residence Inn by Marriott New York/Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...ea/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

Stayed here April 6 with my adult daughter. Our main reasons for choosing this hotel were that we were going to just be in lower Manhattan, free breakfast, and two beds. It was hard to find a hotel in NYC in the area we wanted that had two beds.

This hotel is super convenient to the 9/11 Museum and Memorial; just a couple minute walk away. We also walked to the hotel from the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge after walking the bridge. This was a bit longer. Maybe 10-15 minutes. The hotel is very close to the Fulton St. Subway station, or if you are at the 9/11 Memorial, you can walk underground from the Oculus to the station. Lots of subway lines operate from Fulton Street. My daughter traveled to/from Penn Station and I came into Grand Central, and there were lines for both of us to get directly to our stations.

We had a fifth floor street view room, but the room was facing Maiden Street, not Broadway, and it was very quiet. Lots of restaurants in the area. The room had a full fridge, microwave, and sink, but no stove. Unfortunately, we wanted ice, and the ice machine was not operational in our refrigerator, nor did I see signs in the hallway for ice machines. I suppose I could have asked at the front desk, but it wasn't a huge issue.

Bathroom was average size, beds were comfy, and room was clean, with one kind of funny exception. In the late afternoon, when the sun shone a particular way, I could see a small child's greasy handprint on the closet that wasn't visible most of the time. Just goes to show you how much of a hotel room does NOT get cleaned between visitors.

Breakfast was okay, but not a huge variety of foods. Not many different kinds of pastry and I believe there were only two flavors of yogurt available. Still, it was acceptable to us.

I used 35000 Marriott (can't make myself write Bonblech) points. I'm not sure what the cash price was when I booked the room, but I know as we got closer to our date, it was around $300. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that high when I booked it, though.

My daughter and I will be doing another girls weekend in the fall, and if we decide to do Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty on our next trip, I'd definitely consider this hotel again.
Awesome! I’ll be adding my review of the Midtown East Residence Inn. Just a tip if you want to do the crown of the Statue in the fall book it now! We just did it last week (I booked in November!) and the guys up there said it’s booked out from now until September!!
Also I highly recommend the Moov-it app for anyone heading to NYC. Gives you clear directions to navigate around the city!!

---Just got back from an overnight stay in NYC- Hotel was Holiday Inn Express Times Square South- 60 w 36th st.- Travelers were two couples. Booked one room on points,the other IHG free anniversary night. Nice location- we walked over from Grand Central to drop our bags in the morning and I checked us in(no rooms yet,it was about 11 am) no problem leaving the bags in the locked room. free coffee and tea all day long,so that's nice. We walked everywhere this weekend(I don't like suways if I can help it,I avoid them) So hotel was central enough for lots of walking IMHO. GC- hotel was about 10-15 minutes. Hotel up to Times Square busy area (Madame Tussauds) was maybe 15 minutes. Later in the day we walked back from Central park south to hotel. next morning we walked over to the ferry pier(East River,maybe .8 miles) and took ferry to Brooklyn,to see Dumbo. Walked back across the Br Bridge,up thru Chinatown,East Village,and back to hotel.
-----Ate dinner at Keg Room Irish pub across street from hotel, it was really good!
------Our rooms were 19th(top) floor,with a great view of the Empire State building,it was great! King beds, everything clean and decent in hotel. I liked it a lot. free breakfast in a.m was quite nice. My DH loved the pancake machine- They had Chobani yogurts,plus some others, hot cinnabons,fresh fruit, oatmeal, premade egg choices (one with cheese,one with veggies) two kinds of meats, toast, etc etc. very nice for NYC I thought. I'd stay here again.

---Just got back from an overnight stay in NYC- Hotel was Holiday Inn Express Times Square South- 60 w 36th st.- Travelers were two couples. Booked one room on points,the other IHG free anniversary night. Nice location- we walked over from Grand Central to drop our bags in the morning and I checked us in(no rooms yet,it was about 11 am) no problem leaving the bags in the locked room. free coffee and tea all day long,so that's nice. We walked everywhere this weekend(I don't like suways if I can help it,I avoid them) So hotel was central enough for lots of walking IMHO. GC- hotel was about 10-15 minutes. Hotel up to Times Square busy area (Madame Tussauds) was maybe 15 minutes. Later in the day we walked back from Central park south to hotel. next morning we walked over to the ferry pier(East River,maybe .8 miles) and took ferry to Brooklyn,to see Dumbo. Walked back across the Br Bridge,up thru Chinatown,East Village,and back to hotel.
-----Ate dinner at Keg Room Irish pub across street from hotel, it was really good!
------Our rooms were 19th(top) floor,with a great view of the Empire State building,it was great! King beds, everything clean and decent in hotel. I liked it a lot. free breakfast in a.m was quite nice. My DH loved the pancake machine- They had Chobani yogurts,plus some others, hot cinnabons,fresh fruit, oatmeal, premade egg choices (one with cheese,one with veggies) two kinds of meats, toast, etc etc. very nice for NYC I thought. I'd stay here again.

Holy moly! You walked from the Brooklyn Bridge all the way to Times Square? I’m impressed.

Holy moly! You walked from the Brooklyn Bridge all the way to Times Square? I’m impressed.
:rotfl2:It sort of just happened lol it was a nice day and we just kept saying,it's only another mile or so...:rotfl:

Chicago - The Blackstone, an Autograph Collection Hotel in the Marriott program.

We redeemed free night certificates for a weekend stay here as it is a 35k per night property. The location was perfect for our visit to see the Hamilton Exhibition and the show. It was also pretty centrally located for most of the touristy activities we have done in the past while visiting Chicago. We were sharing a room with another couple for the weekend and had two other couples that were traveling with us. Each one of our rooms was completely different in layout and size. We got free water bottles and were provided with umbrellas throughout our stay for the rain/snow. There is an on site restaurant and cafe at the hotel. We do plan to return and will be happy to stay here again.

A07AA75B-DA3E-4CA3-A37B-BB6D4094BA5D.jpeg

F6CC1B19-D3DC-4B1E-BAB9-D6CD451D4FF7.jpeg

A80698C5-F9BB-4CB3-B939-5DF2D61493EB.jpeg

D6B9185D-0A5D-4B93-BFA7-D42950798766.jpeg

539A7487-1DDD-4DF6-AB78-5966B17ACC58.jpeg

EF70CFE4-108B-4506-A67C-913356632D5B.jpeg

0A47EC1C-7F0C-4423-AD50-4E70EA617A00.jpeg

Chicago - The Blackstone, an Autograph Collection Hotel in the Marriott program.

We redeemed free night certificates for a weekend stay here as it is a 35k per night property. The location was perfect for our visit to see the Hamilton Exhibition and the show. It was also pretty centrally located for most of the touristy activities we have done in the past while visiting Chicago. We were sharing a room with another couple for the weekend and had two other couples that were traveling with us. Each one of our rooms was completely different in layout and size. We got free water bottles and were provided with umbrellas throughout our stay for the rain/snow. There is an on site restaurant and cafe at the hotel. We do plan to return and will be happy to stay here again.

View attachment 397587

View attachment 397588

View attachment 397590

View attachment 397594

View attachment 397595

View attachment 397596

View attachment 397597

Is this the hotel that is a few blocks from the theater? If so, we walked through on our trip a year or so ago -- such a beautiful building.

InterContinental Hotels New Orleans
444 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/new-orleans/msyha/hoteldetail

IHG Rewards cost: 50,000 points

Pros:
1. Close to French Quarter
2. Standard room was a good size with refrigerator and coffee maker available
3. Rooftop pool
4. On the St Charles street car line

Cons:
1. On the St Charles street car line!
2. Bed uncomfortable
3. So-so toiletries
4. Currently construction going on next door for a new Residence Inn by Marriott. Weekday construction noise and sidewalk is closed.

I'll start off the hotel reviews with the original reason we took this trip - using up my last 2 unrestricted IHG free night certificates. For unrestricted certs issued before May/June of 2018 you could book them for stays well after the expiration date (but it's a gamble if you have to change after they expire), so I used my 2018 and 2019 certs for a weekend getaway. We were here first weekend in April for 2 nights.

The Crown Plaza in French Quarter is also 50k per night but I thought we'd see what all the fuss is about the InterContinental line. Perhaps I'm hard to please but I really didn't get it. The lobby is beautiful, but small. They do have a nice bar and separate restaurant on-site, and despite my best intentions to try out the bar we never did. But they had a decent happy hour specials going on and looked like a nice place to relax in the evening after work or before heading out. I thought it was a perfectly adequate hotel but nothing really stood out that said "We have to come back!" like I expected with a flagship brand.

I thought it was a convenient location in the Central Business District, about 2 blocks from Canal Street and thus the French Quarter, and can't beat being on the St Charles streetcar line, I think there was a stop just across the street. That said, if you get a room facing St Charles, as we did, you can hear the streetcar and slightly disturbed our plans to sleep in. It was a nice addition having a outdoor pool in the middle of a city, and as expected it was small but you could get a half a lap in if you really wanted to swim. The fitness center you walked through to get to the pool was goodly sized with varied equipment; it really felt like a small gym with the weight machines in addition to cardio equipment.

The size of the room was nice, you walk into a hallway with the entrance to the bathroom on the left and a closet with a robe and safe to the right.
Entryway.jpg

The bathroom was split with a large sink separated from the tub and toilet.
Bathroom_Panorama.jpg
The grout and caulk were clean and most everything seemed well maintained and in working order. They just lacked a little attention to detail when they cut an access panel in the ceiling of the shower area and just attached the piece of drywall back, instead of making an actual panel. Just looked sloppy.

Here are the toiletries provided
Sink.jpg
shower.jpg
I looked up Agraria and it's seemingly a luxury line but the version provided in the hotels doesn't feel it. The lotion left our skin more dry than before and we switched to using our travel products after a couple of tries. Since we were only there a couple nights the rest didn't get enough use to feel one way or another but was not wowed.

Probably the best part of the room was the space in the bedroom. We weren't happy with the bed, the mattress was way too firm and we had some Goldilocks issues with the pillows where the soft one was too soft and the firm one too firm. Usually I like the firm option at IHG hotels so maybe it was just a bad batch. However, I have to agree with hubby this time where that mattress was just wrong. I don't mind a firm mattress but this one bordered on feeling like cardboard and we both had some back issues from it.
Bedroom_Panorama.jpg

All in all it was perfectly adequate, but I personally wouldn't spend 50k points to stay here.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport

1801 32nd Street Kenner, Louisiana 70065
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msykn-fairfield-inn-and-suites-kenner-new-orleans-airport/

Marriott Category 2; 12,500 points std

Before heading to the French Quarter we attended an event that required a car but we wouldn't have been able to pick it up at the airport upon arrival. So I looked for a hotel with airport shuttle and free parking for a couple nights. We also had a morning flight out so came back for one night to use the shuttle.

The location was convenient for what we needed but there's really not much other reason to stay there. At the corner was a decent seafood restaurant that had a good blackened chicken and catfish. Further down the same block was a Café du Monde location to get a fix in if not making it to French Quarter. There was also the Esplande shopping center at the end of the street with a Target. We actually picked up our box of Cafe du Monde beignet mix there at a lower cost than the general store.

The room was as expected for a Fairfield which worked fine for our needs. The bed was a little soft but adequate. The bathroom met our size standards, we're not picky, we would just like to open the door without it hitting the toilet - passed! They also provide free breakfast, with a waffle machine, a premade egg and bacon/sausage option with the usual continental fare. There's coffee/tea/water in the lobby 24 hours.

And here's where Platinum status kicks in, a room with a refrigerator! (and microwave) :laughing:
Our first two nights I booked on my lowly Silver status account to use up my points, it had no fridge and I wasn't sure if the description lists one or not so I didn't ask. The last night I booked on hubby's account to get an elite night in, so we joked that status has it's perks and should have switched it around. Could have used it on our first stay. Side note, I did try to add hubby's account number on our first stay to get the nights but because I booked it with my points the front desk couldn't add his number to it. A message popped up when she tried.

Refridgerator.jpg
KingBed.jpg

The car rental worked out great, there's an Enterprise a few minutes away and they picked me up right at the hotel. Instead of paying for parking at the InterContinental where we planned to walk mostly, we did a one-way rental and dropped it off downtown for no charge. Where they also shuttled me to our hotel, but it was only a few blocks walk if they were busy.

The hotel serves its purpose. It is right near the airport, in fact it's in the flight path, we saw it from the air on take off! But the noise wasn't too bothersome and I even slept through the early morning flights.

The Lexington - Autograph Collection (Marriott)
New York City

Category 6 Hotel (50k per night)

Booked a Thursday night stay for $275. Including tax and destination fee (yuck) final cost was almost $400.

Destination fee got us a $20 drink ticket for the bar - she gave us an extra one (not sure if it was because of status or what). I think the destination fee is supposed to give you some free laundry and maybe some other options, but the person who checked us in didn't provide any info. They also gave us as many bottles of water as we wanted at the front desk. I'm Marriott Titanium at the moment, and used one of my Suite Reward upgrades to go from a standard room to a 1 bedroom suite. We also got breakfast due to status.

The room was nicely decorated. There was a small sitting room and a bedroom that would have been considered small anywhere but NYC. The bathroom was tiny, but serviceable, and the room was clean. No view or anything to speak of. Was comfortable, but nothing to write home about.

The location is okay, a few blocks from Grand Central, but not super close to anything we were planning to do. Was a 15-20 minute walk to the theater web were going to, just off Times Square. We asked the concierge for a recommendation of somewhere we could grab a quick bite before our show, and she said we would see stuff on our way to the theater - was pretty useless advice.

The hotel has no restaurant, but has a bar with extremely limited food options (we wound up having chips and store-bought guacamole for $18 for dinner one night. Should have gone to the shop across the street and gotten chips and dip - would have been better and cheaper!) Drinks were ordinary and super expensive (looked like pretty much everyone was using their free drink tickets or they wouldn't have been there). Breakfast was served in the bar, and was ordinary eggs, bacon, coffee, toast (with decent bagels available).

I would stay here again, but it wasn't particularly memorable.

The Chatwal - Luxury Collection (Marriott)
New York City

Category 8 (85,000 points per night)

Available through the Amex Fine Hotels program - gives late checkout, $100 property credit, continental breakfast for 2. Booked a standard room at AFH rate of $575, which can be paid by MR points at $.001 per point. Including tax and destination fee was about 65,000 MR points. Per the website, the room we wound up with would have been about $1,100 for the night, so that makes the redemption look a little better.

Used a Suite Night award to upgrade to a junior suite (only suite reward upgrade available online). Received an additional upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite. The bedroom was large, and the attached parlor was comfortable (had a murphy bed, which we didn't need) and a second bathroom. The bathrooms were nice - sparkly black marble, super shiny fixtures, TV in the mirror. Large, but not ridiculously huge. Heated toilet seat and bidet functions. Nice soaking tub, rain shower. Very clean and shiny, with nice bath products.

Nice robes, well appointed minibar (but $$$$!) There was a backgammon set in the room (and instructions for how to play in the guest guide). The bed was super comfortable, and they set out water and slippers on both sides of the bed at turndown service.

Everyone we interacted with was super nice and attentive - desk clerk walked us to the elevator (just around the corner - not hard to find). Our room wasn't ready when we showed up (way early) but they held our bags and called us when the room was ready (earlier than standard check in time). When we got back, they had already put our bags in our room for us.

It was our anniversary, and they sent up fruit, a dessert and some chocolates.

We ate at the Lamb's Club Bar. The ambiance was a little more casual than the Lamb's Club restaurant downstairs (a Geoffrey Zakarian restaurant), but the full restaurant menu was available. The room was tasteful, and there was live music the night we were there - a good jazz combo- but not too loud for us to be able to have a conversation at our table. We had 2 drinks each (they were absolutely top notch), a couple of appetizers and a burger. I think we had coffee too. The food was very tasty, and the $100 covered about half the bill, so not cheap.

Breakfast was served in the Lamb's Club. The decor is very art deco - it kind of looks like the fanciest diner you've ever seen. Soft leather booths instead of plastic, a big fireplace, cool light fixtures. The AFH breakfast choice was a continental breakfast - which would have cost $36 off the menu. No option to get credit towards a different option. I think the platinum breakfast option is the same (think I heard the waitress discussing with another table). We got coffee, juice, option of parfait, fruit or cereal, plus 2 breads or pastries. Plenty of food, but we really like protein in the morning, so we got a side of bacon and a side of sausage (at $14 each :rolleyes1). So our breakfast cost $30, in the end. The pastries were really good - obviously made fresh in house, and it was neat to start our day in such a pretty restaurant. I would have preferred an option to have eggs and toast or something (there was something like that available for maybe $42pp?)

We had a late checkout, and the weather was kinda iffy, so we bagged our plans to go to a museum and hung out in the room. I took a bath, DH took a long shower. I read a book, he watched TV. Incredibly relaxing, a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle right outside.

I now want to stay here every time we go to NYC - but I'm not sure I can afford it, even using all our churning tricks!

Caesars Atlantic City
2100 Pacific Avenue , Atlantic City , NJ 0840

Wyndham Rewards: 30,000 points for select room types

We headed to AC to finish up our round of hotel status matching. Wyndham is partners with Caesars Rewards (fka Total Rewards) and will match status tiers. We matched IHG Platinum and Marriott Gold (or higher, Platinum for us) to Wyndham Diamond status, then matched to Caesars Diamond. This gives a good bit of perks itself, namely free parking, discounted rooms and waived resort fees at all the Caesars properties, and also a free or reduced stay at Atlantis in the Bahamas. In AC you can go a step further and match Caesars Diamond to MLife Gold at the Borgata, which in turn matches to Hyatt Explorist through their partnership. (for more detail you can comb through these Status Match threads)

As a Diamond member I looked into a cheap night to stay to do the run and as luck would have it, every room at Caesars was comped :D So I picked the Centurion Premium Ocean View and for $5.28 we stayed in this for one night (off-season, of course). The resort fees are waived even for comp rooms, the $5 + tax charge is a mandatory NJ tourist fee. I think it was room # 1825.

Bedview.jpg
Tableview.jpg
Sink_panorama.jpg WC.jpg
OceanView.jpg

The bed was comfortable, we wished we could have stayed longer :) The shower had good pressure. It was a good room. When we stay in AC it's usually been at the Bally's because Caesar's is a little pricier but with the Diamond discount we'll definitely consider it if we stay again. Hopefully we'll get another comp deal though :D

The Lexington - Autograph Collection (Marriott)
New York City

Category 6 Hotel (50k per night)

Booked a Thursday night stay for $275. Including tax and destination fee (yuck) final cost was almost $400.

Destination fee got us a $20 drink ticket for the bar - she gave us an extra one (not sure if it was because of status or what). I think the destination fee is supposed to give you some free laundry and maybe some other options, but the person who checked us in didn't provide any info. They also gave us as many bottles of water as we wanted at the front desk. I'm Marriott Titanium at the moment, and used one of my Suite Reward upgrades to go from a standard room to a 1 bedroom suite. We also got breakfast due to status.

The room was nicely decorated. There was a small sitting room and a bedroom that would have been considered small anywhere but NYC. The bathroom was tiny, but serviceable, and the room was clean. No view or anything to speak of. Was comfortable, but nothing to write home about.

The location is okay, a few blocks from Grand Central, but not super close to anything we were planning to do. Was a 15-20 minute walk to the theater web were going to, just off Times Square. We asked the concierge for a recommendation of somewhere we could grab a quick bite before our show, and she said we would see stuff on our way to the theater - was pretty useless advice.

The hotel has no restaurant, but has a bar with extremely limited food options (we wound up having chips and store-bought guacamole for $18 for dinner one night. Should have gone to the shop across the street and gotten chips and dip - would have been better and cheaper!) Drinks were ordinary and super expensive (looked like pretty much everyone was using their free drink tickets or they wouldn't have been there). Breakfast was served in the bar, and was ordinary eggs, bacon, coffee, toast (with decent bagels available).

I would stay here again, but it wasn't particularly memorable.

We've walked by this hotel countless times, and even stayed at Hotel 48LEX right around the corner. I think it runs about the same price. Love the area and 48LEX is by far my favorite NYC hotel stay. The area isn't everyone's cup of tea, but one thing I love about Midtown East is how weirdly things slow way down every evening since it's mostly corporate buildings. It's a welcome change from the constant hustle and bustle.

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro - Port of Los Angeles

We stayed here for 1 night before our NCL Bliss cruise. I booked 2 rooms for 30,000 Hilton points each (my parents went with us). The standard rooms had sold out by the time I got the HH points, but I kept checking and eventually got both rooms (the second room only 10 days before check-in). They have a free shuttle to the World Cruise Center that NCL sails out of and free parking during the cruise. I think usually, you’d need to book a Park and Go package, but that’s not possible with points. So, I called, was asked our status (Gold with various AmEx cards) and was told that we could park for free.

We drove from the San Francisco Bay Area and arrived sometime after 9 pm since we didn’t end up leaving until the afternoon. They have a shuttle sign-up sheet with times every half hour starting from 9 am (I think). But since we got there so late, the earliest time we could get with 6 of us was noon. :( I had called the morning of asking to get on the list (was able to do that before for another hotel), but was told no, must sign-up in person to be “fair”. They use a van shuttle that fits 9. Wish they had a bigger shuttle. I didn’t want to go so late since I needed to sign-up for go-karts on the ship (was most worried about this). As well as laser tag and comedy shows (all things you can’t sign-up for ahead of time). So, we ended up getting an Uber XL using my AmEx Platinum credit. We waited some time for the Uber since the first one canceled on us. I think it’s because I sent a message asking if 6 people and 2 luggage will fit after we saw the car type. The shuttle ride after we got off the ship was good. Needed to call them, but the wait wasn’t long.

The staff is very friendly. Our check-in person tried hard to find us a room on the same floor, but they were pretty booked. We each got a bag with a bottle of water and a cookie. It has walnuts, which DS is mildly allergic to. It’s written on the cookie bag, but he didn’t read it and took a bite (then spit it out). He complained about his throat being itchy and I’d forgotten the Benadryl, so then DH had to drive to a pharmacy to get it. By the time he got back, DS said it’d gone away. :rolleyes:

The room was in good shape, if a little unremarkable. We usually take pictures; think we were all tired from the drive. Plus, the whole walnut fiasco. We had a harbor view room and could hear music outside (think there was a wedding). Luckily, it ended promptly at 11 pm. The next morning, DH discovered that the window was open a crack. So, I don’t actually know how good their sound insulation is, lol.

All 6 of us got free breakfast. I made a point to book 1 room under DH and 1 room under me since we’re both Gold (not too sure if that made a difference). Breakfast was good – buffet with table service for drinks. There was a wait for a table so I asked to sit outside. Here’s a picture of the patio area.

IMG_0978.jpg

Westin Carlsbad
Carlsbad, CA (San Diego/Legoland area)

50,000 pts / night (average price about $200/nt)

This used to be the Sheraton (which is now next door). It is one of our go-to properties when going to Legoland (which is 3-4 times a year). You can walk to a private back entrance to Legoland, which is really nice.

Parking is $20/night - which Legoland parking is $25/day, so keep that in mind.

It is very nice. There's an on property restaurant, though we've never eaten there. Never used the pool either. We just pretty much stay here because of the proximity to Legoland.

IMG_3502.JPG IMG_3502.JPG IMG_3503.JPG IMG_3504.JPG

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Anaheim, CA (across from Disneyland)

Cat 5 - 35,000/night

I used points for this stay - it was Thanksgiving Thursday to Sunday.

Parking is $20/night (valet or self)
They have a heated pool, but we didn't use it. I believe we were given an upgrade, because we had a fireworks view room. It is super close to DL - about a 8 minute walk to the security check. In the same parking lot is a Panera Bread, with a McDonald's next door. I loved it and would stay again in a heartbeat.

IMG_1563.JPG IMG_4289.JPG IMG_4291.JPG IMG_4292.JPG IMG_4293.JPG

Last edited:
Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad
Carlsbad, CA (Legoland area)

This is our new go-to for Legoland. I have been getting prices around $110/night. It is 17,500 pts/night.

They have a free shuttle that goes to Legoland, but you have to make a reservation. The hours on the website are 8-5...though I think sometimes it's later.

They have an on property restaurant, but we have never eaten there. We like that is close to Legoland, nice property, and affordable.

The first time we stayed there we got a King room with sofa bed.....it was ok but there wasn't much room once the sofa bed was pulled out. I got a 2 Queen this last time and it worked much better for us.

Looking at the pics, the bathroom in this one is much better than the 2 queen room. This last one looked like an oldie that they left in and worked around.

IMG_4611.JPG IMG_4612.JPG IMG_4613.JPG

Hello all! We just returned from a long weekend in New York (DH, myself, DD19 and her best friend). I was pleasantly surprised with the Marriott Marquis. We booked for the Times Square location and also because the room sleeps 4 on a points stay (unlike the Residence Inn where I believe the max is 3). Times Square is complete madness, but I loved that we could walk around the corner or just a few blocks to shows. We did not book our show tickets with UR (I wanted to be able to choose seats). We booked Dear Evan Hansen in advance as a Christmas present for DD. While in New York, we bought same day discounted tickets to both Waitress and Beautiful/Carole King by standing in the TKTS line. Our discounted seats purchased at half price were just as good as the full priced tickets purchased in advance. Score! Waitress was our favorite of the three.

For Platinum Elites, the concierge lounge was much better than I expected after reading some old reviews. The only downside is that they close on weekends. We were able to enjoy the lounge for dinner on Thursday night and then again for breakfast Friday morning.

We were lucky enough to get a newly renovated room with 2 doubles and a daybed. I question whether the bed was really a double . . . it felt more like a queen to us and was very comfortable. The room was quite spacious. I have no complaints and would stay again. DH and I each used our SPG Lux/Brilliant annual free night + 50k points for the 3rd night.

@havaneselover I can't recall what you decided about your fall trip . . . Uber from LGA to Times Square was $56 (pre-tip). The return trip from Times Square to LGA was $84. Traffic was nuts, so it took about an hour I think.

Also, note no Priority Pass lounges at LGA (Air Canada lounge was dropped)! :sad1: We really could have used one too since our flight home was delayed, and we spent ridiculous sums of money on airport food!

upload_2019-5-21_1-28-46.png

upload_2019-5-21_1-29-12.png

upload_2019-5-21_1-29-38.png

upload_2019-5-21_1-29-59.png

upload_2019-5-21_1-30-15.png

upload_2019-5-21_1-30-33.png

upload_2019-5-21_1-30-51.png

Hello all! We just returned from a long weekend in New York (DH, myself, DD19 and her best friend). I was pleasantly surprised with the Marriott Marquis. We booked for the Times Square location and also because the room sleeps 4 on a points stay (unlike the Residence Inn where I believe the max is 3). Times Square is complete madness, but I loved that we could walk around the corner or just a few blocks to shows. We did not book our show tickets with UR (I wanted to be able to choose seats). We booked Dear Evan Hansen in advance as a Christmas present for DD. While in New York, we bought same day discounted tickets to both Waitress and Beautiful/Carole King by standing in the TKTS line. Our discounted seats purchased at half price were just as good as the full priced tickets purchased in advance. Score! Waitress was our favorite of the three.

For Platinum Elites, the concierge lounge was much better than I expected after reading some old reviews. The only downside is that they close on weekends. We were able to enjoy the lounge for dinner on Thursday night and then again for breakfast Friday morning.

We were lucky enough to get a newly renovated room with 2 doubles and a daybed. I question whether the bed was really a double . . . it felt more like a queen to us and was very comfortable. The room was quite spacious. I have no complaints and would stay again. DH and I each used our SPG Lux/Brilliant annual free night + 50k points for the 3rd night.

@havaneselover I can't recall what you decided about your fall trip . . . Uber from LGA to Times Square was $56 (pre-tip). The return trip from Times Square to LGA was $84. Traffic was nuts, so it took about an hour I think.

Also, note no Priority Pass lounges at LGA (Air Canada lounge was dropped)! :sad1: We really could have used one too since our flight home was delayed, and we spent ridiculous sums of money on airport food!

View attachment 402004

View attachment 402005

View attachment 402006

View attachment 402007

View attachment 402008

View attachment 402009

View attachment 402010

$84 for Uber :O

Looks like a wonderful trip. We are doing a RI in Midtown East. I thought Time Square might do me in! And now I'm not sure about ordering Phantom Tickets through UR. Truth is I don't want to see it and DD has already seen it so I'm not sure I need to be that picky. I was super picky about my Rockettes tickets and my Hamilton tickets (going to see it in Chicago on Saturday!).

Here's a short review of the Park Hyatt NYC. We stayed there for 3 nights, over Mother's Day weekend. It cost us 30K Hyatt points per night, for a room that showed up for cash for anywhere between $900-$1100 per night depending on when I looked online. Great location near Central Park, not a far walk to Times Square, shopping of 5th Ave, etc. Lovely hotel, clean and nice room, great staff, incredible gym and pool area, great (but expensive) restaurant, and just a great place for a weekend getaway.

View in front of the hotel entrance (building on the left is Carnegie Hall):
IMG_4636.jpg

The pool area - we really enjoyed this space in the afternoons. There's also a jacuzzi and a steam room there, plus a great gym right above it and a full service spa down the hall.

IMG_4634.jpg

Our room was great - we booked a King room and the bed was really comfortable. Plenty of storage, a Nespresso machine with coffee provided, and a huge bathroom with a TV set inside the mirror, a soaking tub, and a really large shower with both a regular shower head and also one set into the ceiling.

IMG_4630.jpg
IMG_4631.jpg image.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!