DISboutiquers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone saw a photo or two in my listings where Zoe's hair was kind of messy. I'll admit I'm not always as prompt in restyling her hair on a regular basis as I should but it hurt to have someone think I didn't know what I was doing based on a few photos. Honestly, often when I take pics with Zoe as my model, I don't stress if her hair isn't perfect because my focus is on the clothes. What hurt even more is the anonymous poster to my blog left the link and only said I had "fans" there. I saw it as either the poster was trying to make trouble for the person who started the thread about me or was trying to make trouble for me. I think I handled it well but it still bothers me to think people could judge me poorly based on little real knowledge of me.

Was it origionally from this list? What bothers me, that every time we have an "issue" with something, the owner mysteriously has to join to complain. I think there was something with a pattern someone wanted to share? And a few other things. I'd like to know who the trouble maker is!!!

Finally I have photos of Lily in her cupcake skirt. I love this pattern because the underskirt makes it nice and full. I still haven't made her matching bows though :scared1: She is also wearing a pink t-shirt with a big cupcake on it which I copied on my appliques.

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

Finally I have photos of Lily in her cupcake skirt. I love this pattern because the underskirt makes it nice and full. I still haven't made her matching bows though :scared1: She is also wearing a pink t-shirt with a big cupcake on it which I copied on my appliques.

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

This is really adorable!!

Fantastic stuff ladies... I have been an off and on again lurker... may have posted before but can't remember and too many pages to check.... The past 2 weeks I started doing some of my own.... Starting off Easy w/ pillowcase dresses that I modified a little to work for me....mostly just added the belt and am making from scratch rather than a pillowcase :) .... Here are my 1st 4 tries.... 3 are for DD and 1 is for my neice that my DD is showing off for you all :)

Nemo Dresses.... the one w/ the princess "belt" is DD's...
Front
th_102_0163.jpg
th_102_0195.jpg
th_102_0215.jpg

I think they look great. I found my first Strawberry Shortcake over the weekend at joanns and there were less than 2 yards left.

Another gorgeous outfit! Love it.

th_NEBStateFair1.jpg

They ended up with 2nd place!!! I'm pretty proud of them, since they just learned this new routine in the beginning of January.:woohoo:

They look so cute and congratulations on getting the 2nd place.

Thanks to everyone else who is sending prayers and good thoughts my way. You are all so great!! :grouphug: I do know what's causing my fatigue and muscle pain. It's the very same disease that caused the blood clots! But, all of the hematologists I've been to do not realize that the disease has other ramifications besides clots. I do not want prescribed pain killers (the posibility of addiction scares me more than the pain)- just some acknowledgement that I'm even having pain and fatigue!! I have a great international messageboard that I go to about antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. It seems that other countries are more up-to-date with their information on this disease. I'm thankful that I don't have this pain as often as I used to, but it would be nice if someone could look into finding out how to stop it!
Sorry that you have had a hard time finding a doctor who will listen and find the right treatment for you. That is so frustrating. I hope you find one who understand your problem and listen to you! It is so hard to find good doctors these days. My dh works in a university medical school and does medical students interview every year, and also teaches and work with the residence, and he says sometime it is pretty scary to think that some of these people are going out there on their own seeing patients one day!

That looks great. She will love it!

Where do you all find your fabrics? do you get them in a store, or online?

We dont have any fabric places around here and our Walmart fabric dept well....just doesnt carry much.

I shop mostly at Joanns and Hancock, and sometimes at Walmart. There is a quilt shop around here as well, but I don't go there often since the fabric there are more expensive (and no 40% off coupons either!) and I am just too afraid to cut into those more expensive fabric. Maybe when I am more experience!

I love the shirt and your ds is so cute!!!!

YAY - I made stuff - I wonder if I'll be the last post :rolleyes1

th_izzysdress001.jpg
th_izzysdress002.jpg

THat is very cute, so is your dd. Can you tell me where the tutorial is for the top?

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

This is GORGEOUS! Love it!

47b8dc39b3127cceb65dfd0ec95900000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

I thought this was sort of cute idea. Wasn't Nemo caught in a net? Or wasn't he in a bag? Maybe something like this could be done with the Nemo fish.

th_IMG_0959.jpg

th_IMG_0967.jpg

This is so cute!!! Love the skirt with the cupcake sweater. Is this the double layer twirl skirt pattern from YMCT?

th_IMG_0959.jpg
th_IMG_0967.jpg

What's in her hair then :rotfl2: I guess those aren't bows but it looks like they are cupcakes. Coordinating barrettes counts doesn't it.:rotfl:
That lily is such a doll!!! :cutie:

For those of you making button down shirts for your ds..which pattern do you use? I use a McCall pattern, and for some reason, I just can't seem to match up the notches and dots for the sleeves....yet when I put the pattern on my fabric, I have marked them all correctly. I tried another boys top this past weekend, and again...I have problem matching up notches/dots on the sleeves again...so I am thinking it must be me...doing something wrong or not understanding the pattern?

This is so cute!!! Love the skirt with the cupcake sweater. Is this the double layer twirl skirt pattern from YMCT?

Thanks, yes it is. I just made my "strips" double wide on this one.

What's in her hair then :rotfl2: I guess those aren't bows but it looks like they are cupcakes. Coordinating barrettes counts doesn't it.:rotfl:
That lily is such a doll!!! :cutie:

Yes, they are cupcake clippies, but they don't count because they are store bought :rotfl:

I copied this from the new thread.

I think I get to be the first person to post a new custom on the thread:cool1:

Here is the Evil Queen. My DD really has a thing for her. LOL

evilqueen001.jpg

evilqueen002.jpg

evilqueen003.jpg

evilqueen004.jpg

Yep, it's open all year round! And I hear you on the whole Dr. thing. My little sister almost died several years ago. She was pregnant, in pain, passing out and bleeding and the Dr. blew her off. She finally made it into the ER with a blood pressure somewhere around 40/20--like nearly dead. :headache: She had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and had to have in-vitro to concieve her daughter.

Cool about the zoo!

And, how horrible about your sister!

izzysdress001.jpg
izzysdress002.jpg

izzysdress004.jpg

It's a Full twirl skirt and a corsety top sort of done to LisaZoe's Tutorial (thanks :) )

(sorry lots of pics I'm just so excited to have something to share :rolleyes1 )

now off to drool over all the recent creations and have a good read :)
That is SOOOO cute!!! That green looks fantastic on your daughter!!! What a beauty!
It came out fantastic!! Great job!

Here is the completed skirts for the girls, neither were cooperating well, so this is the best I did:
Julia
clothingcreation004.jpg

Zofia
clothingcreation006.jpg

I made Julia's big because I want it to fit in October! I hope it does. Now I have to applique matching tee's.

These are even cuter on!

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

I love love love this!!!! Lily is such a cutie !!!
THat is very cute, so is your dd. Can you tell me where the tutorial is for the top?

The link to the tutorial is in the bookmarks.

Does anyone's fabric store still have some of this fabric?

IMG_1669.jpg

I think it was sold at Hancock's and the store by me doesn't have it. I'm looking for a couple of yards... if you can help please PM me.

Thanks!!!

Does anyone's fabric store still have some of this fabric?

IMG_1669.jpg

I think it was sold at Hancock's and the store by me doesn't have it. I'm looking for a couple of yards... if you can help please PM me.

Thanks!!!

Once I decided I HAD to have it, it was all gone by me too!

I have to put the final touches on her room in a little bit and then I will post pictures.

:woohoo: Yeah, can't wait to see the pictures!!!

I ironed on the word bubble for Sawyer's shirt this morning. I got some help finding an actual bubble from a Diser on the Disign board. This is the Sebastian off the Ariel pillowcase. He'll wear it when Tessa wears her pillowcase Ariel dress. Once again, he threw a fit when I put the shirt on him. But, this time I'll post the happy (post-cookie) face first.

Post Cookie (yes, I was under the table, he thought it was hilarious):
DSC06279Medium.jpg

Pre-Cookie:
DSC06256Medium.jpg

Oh my gosh he is just a little cutie!!! Okay now that you have bribed him with cookies in exchange for some happy, smiley pictures you BETTER have lots of cookies on had at WDW in May!!!! :rotfl2: You know you're gonna want happy pics from there!!! LOL!!!

izzysdress001.jpg
izzysdress002.jpg

izzysdress004.jpg

It's a Full twirl skirt and a corsety top sort of done to LisaZoe's Tutorial (thanks :) )

(sorry lots of pics I'm just so excited to have something to share :rolleyes1 )

now off to drool over all the recent creations and have a good read :)

Ohhh your DD is beautiful. Very cute outfit too.

It came out fantastic!! Great job!

Here is the completed skirts for the girls, neither were cooperating well, so this is the best I did:
Julia
clothingcreation004.jpg

Zofia
clothingcreation006.jpg

I made Julia's big because I want it to fit in October! I hope it does. Now I have to applique matching tee's.

Aww your little ones are adorable!!! Those skirts are too cute!!!

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

This is a GREAT outfit!!! I love how this turned out!!! She is a DOLL.

evilqueen001.jpg

:love: OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THIS OUTFIT!!! It's kinda rare to see a "Villian Custom"...!!! Ohh I love this one....it looks to be the perfect size for my DD. Hahahahahaha.

Thanks everyone!!! Emily has just fallen in love with cheerleading, so I'm trying to support her as much as I can. She cheers for the local rec flag football team in the fall, but they decided to start a comp squad for this spring. They are 5-7 yr olds, and they are just the hardest little workers. It makes this mom a little nervous sometimes, with my oldest "baby" as a flyer, but as long as she loves it (and she's safe), that's ok by me!

Oh, and those are hair pieces. This fall, we were rolling their hair before each competition, and after 3 times, we decided that it was worth the $$ for the hair pieces. It makes it a WHOLE lot easier!!! :thumbsup2

A hair piece for a 5 year old? WOW, I never knew there was such a thing. LOL

evilqueen001.jpg

evilqueen002.jpg

evilqueen003.jpg

evilqueen004.jpg

I absolutely love this. It is one of my favorites, I think because it is so unique. Your daughter is going to get so much attention with this one.

For those of you making button down shirts for your ds..which pattern do you use? I use a McCall pattern, and for some reason, I just can't seem to match up the notches and dots for the sleeves....yet when I put the pattern on my fabric, I have marked them all correctly. I tried another boys top this past weekend, and again...I have problem matching up notches/dots on the sleeves again...so I am thinking it must be me...doing something wrong or not understanding the pattern?

I'd love to hear this as well. I've not made one yet but would like try one for my ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!