Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I haven't posted on here for a very long time as my kids are older. I am now thinking about starting to embroider and/or applique. Suggestions on an embroidery machine? I seem to remember that years ago Brother made a reasonably priced decent machine. What is everyone using?

TIA
UMTerp

A great beginner machine is a PE770 which is a 5 x 7 embroidery only machined. I had one for years before I upgraded. Brother machines are pretty user friendly too.

This thread is so fun. I have been looking online to order costumes for my 4 year old and 1 year old for our Jan trip but there are not a lot of options for boys. I haven’t sewn in years and I’m not an experienced sewer, but I’m debating between trying to follow simple patterns for Peter Pan, Prince Charming, and Jake/pirate shirts that I can pair with pants from home or continuing to scour the Internet for something I can buy ready made without dropping a fortune.

I haven't been on here for a few years either. I'm in the UK and found the Dis through this thread, so it's a shame it's so quiet here now. I am hoping to book another trip later this month for October 2017, so I will be back at the sewing machine making my daughter's Disney dresses soon hopefully. :) Just popping over now for some inspiration as she's getting older now. She will be 7 on our next trip. Can't wait to get planning and sewing!
Hi, I've also been away for a while and also in the Uk. I started watching and posting to this thread when my youngest daughter was about 5-6 years old. She's now about to leave school :eek: luckily I know have 2 granddaughters to sew for. When I get time, I'll upload their dress pics from our Christmas trip :)

I've been following along with this thread for a while now and always admire everyone's work! I finished a dress for my daughter today. It's far from perfect but it always feels good to complete something and have it look like the picture :) Apologies in advance is the picture is huge. I don't usually post photos on here!Dress.jpg

I believe I may be in the wrong place, but can anyone direct me to where I might find someone willing to make Magic Band covers or sleeves?
Thank you.

Posting because I need to see if I have a countdown and what else is down there. LOL!

Is anyone still sewing?

Hi! How's everyone doing?

I haven't sewn much the past few years-busy with kids now Sophomore in college, Senior in HS and Sophomore in HS. YIKES!!! I'm taking a long weekend over Veteran's Day and hoping to show youngest how to make PJ pants!

Hi! How's everyone doing?

I haven't sewn much the past few years-busy with kids now Sophomore in college, Senior in HS and Sophomore in HS. YIKES!!! I'm taking a long weekend over Veteran's Day and hoping to show youngest how to make PJ pants!

Please share pictures of your youngest's PJ pants!

@teresajoy I think we should update the name of the group to just Disney Boutique/Custom Clothes since the original "kids" are now teens and young adults! ;)

It has been years since I posted here! I rarely sew anymore because of arthritis in my hands and back, but I do keep in touch with friends made here. I have watched children grow up, seen new ones come along and watched them grow. I still enjoy seeing pictures of kids and clothes. I hope you'll let me stick around!

It has been years since I posted here! I rarely sew anymore because of arthritis in my hands and back, but I do keep in touch with friends made here. I have watched children grow up, seen new ones come along and watched them grow. I still enjoy seeing pictures of kids and clothes. I hope you'll let me stick around!

Of course we'll let you stick around! :grouphug:

Here are a couple of things I made recently:

1) An onesie dress I made for a friend's little girl
41385859_2161314784123266_238312969157476352_n.jpg 2) A dress I made for an auction
36672738_2099669313621147_5461452221428269056_n.jpg 36683977_2099670090287736_830358542870380544_n.jpg 36743297_2099669863621092_1367506059354177536_n.jpg 36743646_2099669793621099_3156987772162539520_n.jpg

Hi Dis Sewers! I'm hoping one of you can help me! My 10yo Dd LOVES Disney's The Black Cauldron, and especially Princess Eilonwy. Of course, no one makes any Eilonwy princess dresses! I can sew blankets and simple quilts, but I've never tried a dress and I'm nervous! I looked on Etsy for custom dresses but they were either way too simple or super expensive! Any advice from the experts? I want to get her a nice one, since I found a gorgeous Rapunzel dress for my other child.

These were the clothes I sewed for the trip we took in September! I must say that this thread is what really made me want to start sewing!
View attachment 363584

Wow you must have been busy! I hope you had a great trip!

Hi Dis Sewers! I'm hoping one of you can help me! My 10yo Dd LOVES Disney's The Black Cauldron, and especially Princess Eilonwy. Of course, no one makes any Eilonwy princess dresses! I can sew blankets and simple quilts, but I've never tried a dress and I'm nervous! I looked on Etsy for custom dresses but they were either way too simple or super expensive! Any advice from the experts? I want to get her a nice one, since I found a gorgeous Rapunzel dress for my other child.

I would suggest looking at the Practical Princess pattern from Peek-a-boo pattern shop. The patterns from them are easy to follow along. I think you can do one with a basic bodice, long sleeves, and lengthen the skirt and do an overlay for the darker pink. Please feel free to ask questions and we will try our best to help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!