Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What date do you guys arrive at Disney?? Just looking at your ticker makes me think we might be there at the same time.

Wendy: Love that big ole dog!!! Great pj's!

Yeah -that big ol dog woke everyone up on Sunday morning!!!! she is funny, but is kinda slobbery - lol - she loves to come and lay her head on your chest - ick!! I'll take my zoey anyday - haha.

Wendy-I'm hoping you are still on here by the time this posts. Where is the indoor waterpark you went to? Also, I love the pj's you did, great job!

Hi - its Coco Cay in Mt. Laurel, NJ!!! WE got in on the $10 ticket sale when it was 10/10/10! It was real fun!

Hey everyone! Been forever since I was here. My daughter is really into her American Girl doll and herself having matching clothes and jammies. I'd love to create these for her. Any recomendations for easy patterns? I'm thinking peasant tops/gowns and pants and skirts? Also, any bedding patterns out there? Thanks!

Carla C's patterns usually come with a matching doll pattern. I haven't done one yet, but I think the Easy Fit, Portrait Peasant, Aline and Twirl Skirt all have matching dolly patterns included.

I thought this might be a good place to share. My DD3 wanted to be Snow White for Halloween. DW is really good friends with a seamstress who offered to do costumes for us whenever we wanted. When we decided we were going to WDW, we thought maybe we would let DD wear the costume to the Akershus Princess breakfast. When DW's friend found that out, she kinda went all out on it....

ranasnow.jpg

That picture made the front page of the local newspaper (of course, it probably helped that the paper's head photographer that took the picture is the seamstress's husband. ;) ). I think she's going to be a hit at the park.

As long as no one looks directly at her in the sunlight.

TL
Wow, what a beautiful dress and a very cute Snow White. I know she will have LOTS of attention at Askerhaus.

I want to make Halloween trick or treat bags for my nieces and my nephew for next year.

Does anyone know if there is a free pattern anywhere?

I want to do Mickeyhead Ghost appliques on the bag, is there a stencil anywhere?

My mom's sewing machine appears to do letters. She hasn't really used it but I think it will only do one letter at a time. Would it be a pain to try to stitch their names on the white fabric and then do the applique or should I just make the applique and write their names with a fabric marker?
Either way sounds good. you could also do the names on a separate piece of fabric and then sew it to the bag - like a patch.

Do you know, they don't make a pill for procrastination? They should!!

Anyway, just getting around to getting my pictures off my camera, from June. See what I mean about needing a pill?

I thought I'd share this. Kirsta loved it. We got it from our travel agent when we checked into CB. There was a mix up with our ressies. I wanted the Pirate room, and was quoted a regular room. I just couldn't swing it, if we wanted to eat. I had called Disney travel for some info, and told her about the mix up, and my Mom just passing away. They had a HUGE tote filled with snacks and fruit waiting for us also.

th_Disney010.jpg
Can't decide which one I liked the best. I think the Jasmine outfit is so pretty and I love the Mickey one too. How sweet that you got the gift bag. I'm glad you had a great time.

I just finished my first Stroller Holder Mit.

I have a triple Perego stroller that I use for the daycare. The frame is cold when we go outside now and the children complain about it. So I figured out a way to make a holder that attaches to the stroller and they can fit their little fingers and thumb in so they stay warm too.
What a great idea. Those metal strollers can get cold, brrrr.

Callie - thank you so much for jumping in on this!!! They will be thrilled with their new blankies!! So special, thank you!!! Yay for your 1st big give!!!

We had a fun weekend with the neices and nephew! We did an indoor playground yesterday, and then indoor water park today - I AM TIRED!!! lol

I did make them some new pj's to change into after the water park today - then we all wented to go to Cracker Barrel - sooooo, they wore them into Cracker Barrel!!!:rotfl: oh well, the kids coulda cared less!!! At least they were clean, right?????? haha

th_DSCF0964.jpg

So we got home and they started dropping like flies - lol - dont you love the Great Dane, Genevieve, sitting on my lap after the kids went down!!! lol. Hannah had been drifting off on my lap, sat up with her eyes closed and just laid down on the table!!! haha - then Tim lost it too!!!! Eliz was still awake, but fading fast!!!
Love the PJs. That sounds like the perfect thing to put on after a long day at the waterpark. Looks like they were worn out. The sleeping on the table picture is hilarious. And that dog is HUGE. You guys are the perfect aunt and uncle.

Enabler Alert: I was at Joann's today and they had some fabric I haven't seen before. There was one with Minnie in a red dress on pink fabric (they also had a flannel like this but the background was pink with some flowers on it). They also had a Tangled fabric that was really cute. I could not resist that one - good thing I had a coupon.

Been very busy here!! I just mailed out my first Big Give item (not sure if it's ok to share a picture here yet?) And, I've been working feverishly on dresses for my girls for our trip - we leave 3 weeks from tomorrow!! :banana::banana::banana:

I had fun today trying out my Mom's embroidery machine (it's at least 10 years old, so no usb functions on it & half her embroidery cards aren't working right.) But, I made 2 cute snowmen to use on the tops of some dresses for the girls for Christmas. So, now I want an embroidery machine more than ever for Christmas! LOL I'm strongly considering the SE-400 from Wal-mart - it's on sale for $369 & has a $30 mail in rebate thru the end of the year. I've also been looking at the PE-770, LB6800PRW, and the ones on HSN, although I'm not sure which model they are featuring there. I really think I'd prefer a machine that both sews & embroiders & I think I'd be ok with the 4x4 hoop only since I'm mostly making little clothes, LOL I know I've seen some of you talk about needing the Brother PED basic software package for $100 to download designs from online - can anyone tell me - is this going to be the case with all of the Brother embroidery machines? Or, only the lower models? Just wondering if a more expensive machine has this built in already, or if they will all need this. I'd really love any advice or input I could get from you talented ladies!! :goodvibes

My first hand applique on a dress - I'm now also working on Donald Duck & Handy Manny...
IMG_0557.jpg

Awesome outfits!!! I have an Evelyn as well!

Sorry...I missed this post earlier. I have been gone/busy most of the weekend and haven't been on the boards...Here is the dress I made for AK for Christmas
SDC14191.jpg
SDC14193.jpg

Love this! Where did you get the applique from? I was getting ready to do one by hand but if I could buy the design... i might just wait until I get an embroidery machine.

By the way, anyone use a Brother PR-620? Or similar machine? That is the machine I am considering buying.

Anita,

Where is your craft fair at on the 11th? I'm really in the mood to shop at a craft fair. Thanks!

Colleen

I love how we all get chatty right before the 250th page!
Another princess dress to post. Love Heathers designs!
006.jpg

007-1.jpg

Anita--you did so much beautiful stuff for your craft fair! I wish we could get some good ones like that here in Austin. There was a pretty good one Halloween weekend, and I think I may have met a Dis-er :-)

Does anyone know where I can get Lightning McQueen buttons? My mom and I made a Lightning McQueen jacket and pants set for my 3 yo DS to wear in Disney, but it would look super cute if I could find Lightning buttons for it.

I spent a lot of time this weekend playing with my Mom's embroidery machine and I am totally hooked. Too bad it's not in the budget right now, I'll just have to keep using hers for a while. Luckily she only lives about 10 minutes away. :lovestruc

Colleen

I'm not sure I've seen buttons. But you could do small embroidery, then make the covered buttons.

Trying to do my part to help us get to page 250. . . .

Here are toiletry bags I made for Michael's Big Give (for mom and Dad).

michale204-1-1.jpg

Oh this is such a great idea!!

Went to my happy place today! Hobby Lobby and AC moore! I don't live near either, so the girls and I took a trip to Fredericksburg for the day! It is probably good I don't live any closer! Got fabric to make MIL's top for Christmas and some really pretty place mats and kitchen stuff for Christmas.

We have a contract on a house! :banana::banana::banana: This Friday is the inspection. Hoping all goes well. We met the owner and he is really nice. We will close in early Janurary...after Christmas but before Disney. We won't move in tell after Disney trip. That gives us time to paint the rooms and replace any flooring we want to...better to do all that in an empty house!

I am running out of time to get things done! Have not even started making customs for our trip. Need to work on Christmas cards and presents first! I love the season but not ready for all the craziness that comes with it!

006.jpg

007-1.jpg

This is just so CUTE!!! For the girl who loves them ALL!!!! lol Beautiful!!

I cant believe we leave on Saturday for our trip to Disneyland!!!! I cant wait!!! I just got some shirts done for Alexander's Big Give (have you checked out his PTR yet - he is just so charming!!) and I want to make a new shirt for Billy and I. question for you guys - do you think if I went to do the applique, did the outline and then the tackdown stitch that it would hold if I left the edges long to let them go fuzzy???? and then didnt do a satin stitch over them??????

Thanks for the info. I will have to check into it.

not sure where in MD you are, but the Frances Scott Key resort in west Ocean City has an indoor water park as well.

We are back. Got back late Friday night from Disney. we had a blast. here are some pics

149895_170926952920453_100000094487162_575744_2146370_n.jpg

148695_172009822812166_100000094487162_583341_1544375_n.jpg

image.jpg

Callie - thank you so much for jumping in on this!!! They will be thrilled with their new blankies!! So special, thank you!!! Yay for your 1st big give!!!
th_DSCF0964.jpg
I am excited about it too! I know I have already told you but I love their pjs :goodvibes

My first (and only) bowling shirt took me longer than I anticipated too! Don't get discouraged!
I like the (and only) part lol. I finished both tonight I worked a little today. It honestly was not as bad as I thought it would be ... I hate ruffles a lot more lol. Probably a good thing since I have 4 boys!

My first one was a total mess up. I never got how the collar went in, I have made every mistake there is to make. My instructions are highlighted and written all over so I don't keep making mistakes.

I do sew the bigger size as I want them to last a bit, so it is big now and fits next year. Keep practicing, they will get very easy and you can make one in a day easy.
Ya I should have sewed the bigger size. I looked at the measurements and thought it was bigger than it was. :sad2: We will be doing 3/4s next time!

th_michale204-1-1.jpg

That is very cool! Is there a pattern for the bag? I think my boys would love that! Course that would require me learning how to put in a zipper. :rotfl:

I can't post on FB because DD is a friend but here is her quilt for Christmas. She loves JS and also primary colours. It looks more like a boy quilt but it what she wants. I haven't finished yet, this is just the quilt top but I plan to do the back with JS fabric and then tie the quilt rather than stitch. As you can see it is the double nine patch.
th_IMG_6844.jpg
I really like that!

Sorry...I missed this post earlier. I have been gone/busy most of the weekend and haven't been on the boards...Here is the dress I made for AK for Christmas
th_SDC14191.jpg
This is such a pretty Vida!

006.jpg

007-1.jpg
The cuteness you guys are going to talk me into getting an embroidery machine before it is all said and done!

Went to my happy place today! Hobby Lobby and AC moore! I don't live near either, so the girls and I took a trip to Fredericksburg for the day! It is probably good I don't live any closer! Got fabric to make MIL's top for Christmas and some really pretty place mats and kitchen stuff for Christmas.

We have a contract on a house! :banana::banana::banana: This Friday is the inspection. Hoping all goes well. We met the owner and he is really nice. We will close in early Janurary...after Christmas but before Disney. We won't move in tell after Disney trip. That gives us time to paint the rooms and replace any flooring we want to...better to do all that in an empty house!

I am running out of time to get things done! Have not even started making customs for our trip. Need to work on Christmas cards and presents first! I love the season but not ready for all the craziness that comes with it!
Congrats again on the house! I bet you are super excited! :goodvibes We are moving this summer and I already cannot wait I think would be going nuts ready to move if I had already picked the house! Here's hoping there are no surprises!

Hey everyone! Been forever since I was here. My daughter is really into her American Girl doll and herself having matching clothes and jammies. I'd love to create these for her. Any recomendations for easy patterns? I'm thinking peasant tops/gowns and pants and skirts? Also, any bedding patterns out there? Thanks!

Yep, check out Carla's patterns, hers have matching dolly patterns. She also has patterns just for dolls.

I have to say Maureen, I never thought I'd see the day when you were asking about sewing for a doll! :thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

th_michale204-1-1.jpg
I love them!
Did you read how excited Michael's Dad was about his bag!!!! lol - its so nice to do something for the parents, I think it helps to acknowledge that this trip is for them too!! They deserve to be in a happy place!!!

That is so true Wendy! I know often times the parents can't believe we will be including them in the Gives, but I think it really is important to do something special for everyone.

th_006.jpg

That is soooooo pretty!!!!
His is on the second row, third one across. I loved it when I first saw it!!
AWWWW!!! CUTE!!!

I'm so excited for you!!!

I'm having a stressful day! The girls aren't being bad exactly, but they are just being, umm.. I don't know, loud, busy, slightly obnoxious....I'm tired, my head hurts, and I'm losing all patience and feel on the verge of tears.

Just thought you'd all like to know! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter