Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the "obligatory Minnie sewing machine picture"? I think Minnie's house will be gone by the time we get there in September. Do you think my DH would understand a short trip to Disney just to get a picture :rolleyes1

You know the "obligatory Minnie sewing machine picture"? I think Minnie's house will be gone by the time we get there in September. Do you think my DH would understand a short trip to Disney just to get a picture :rolleyes1

Let me know how that works for you...

Here's another random pic. My boys with 2 cousins and my brother over the summer walking to the park.
IMG_5843.jpg

Hey! Did we know we are going to be there at the same time? I will have to keep an eye open for you! We are there June 12-19...I would go today if I could!!!!

I think we'd talked about it a while back? But I might be making that up!
Anyway, I saw from your ticker that you'll be celebrating your 10th anniversary! So will we! How crazy is that? When's your actual anniversary? Ours is July 8th, so we'll be celebrating a little early.

Love chitchat....

What was everyone's favorite Christmas present? I got a cast iron enamel dutch oven....LOVE IT! I made the best swiss steak last Sunday!
I got a cast iron dutch oven for Christmas too! I love mine. It was from my grandpa. He and I were talking about cooking and he asked me if I had any cast iron pots or skillets. I told him no and he went looking for one for me for Christmas. He got me the dutch oven because it came with a lid that can be flipped over and used for a skillet. 2 for 1 :cool1:

I think we'd talked about it a while back? But I might be making that up!
Anyway, I saw from your ticker that you'll be celebrating your 10th anniversary! So will we! How crazy is that? When's your actual anniversary? Ours is July 8th, so we'll be celebrating a little early.

We probably did...yep we did...I think I spent most of the last part of the summer in a fog!

Get out!!!!! We were married on the 6th of July! We were going to be married on the 8th but we changed it the week of the wedding so we could have a longer vacation! No kidding! We got married in our back yard with just our family and our best friends there so it was no big deal to change it. Now we have the hardest time remembering the date because for months before we would say it was easy...7/8....so that stuck in our heads...so Tim gave me a new ring to match his with our date engraved on the inside, so I have to look at it to remember sometimes.

Where are you staying?

BTW the reason he gave me a new band is becuase my band belonged to my great-grandmother. My grandmother (Katie...whom my Katie is named after) gave it to my great-grandma when she was 11 years old. At 11 she had a job and she saved all of her money so that my great-grandma could have a wedding band. My grandma, Katie died the year before I was born, but my great-grandma lived to be 91 and passed away in 1993. She left the ring to my mom. My first marriage my mom didn't even offer the ring...I think we all knew that was doomed. Then when Tim and I got married she asked Tim if he would like to give it to me. I was thrilled! But, someday I would like for Katie to have it, so Tim already gave me a replacement. Long story, but just thought I would share.

I got a cast iron dutch oven for Christmas too! I love mine. It was from my grandpa. He and I were talking about cooking and he asked me if I had any cast iron pots or skillets. I told him no and he went looking for one for me for Christmas. He got me the dutch oven because it came with a lid that can be flipped over and used for a skillet. 2 for 1 :cool1:

Very cool! I always wanted one...I have cast iron everything else except that! I only cook on Sunday's so I can't wait to use it again!! (I used to cook everyday but DH asked me to stop so he would stop eating as much...it works for both of us, but I will not give up Sunday! I love to cook, but I am all southern so it is all bad for you!!!:lmao:)

After pictures like
100_4247.jpg
and this
100_4211.jpg

I think I now understand why my camera pictures aren't very clear.

Here are the stockings I made for Christmas.

stockings.jpg

DD5s (Princesses), Mine, DD7 (Pink with silver stars), DD4 (Tinkerbell) and DH's (Spiderman - the girls picked it out :rolleyes:)

And here is the Princess dress that I forgot to take a picture of while my DD5 was wearing it. I used fabric I had lying around :)

princessdress.jpg

She got spaghetti sauce on it :(

And I don't know why my pictures are showing up so small. I think maybe because I changed the resolution on my camera. (Now that I am thinking of it, I bet that is what happened)

I'm making a valentines outfit and I designed something I thought was cute and really simple. It is XOXO, but the Os are Mickey heads and each of the letters overlap. It may have been done before, but it looks cute.
That sounds really cute!! Do you mind if I use that idea? PM me if you have any more ideas!!

Ok - I must be a little slow ;) because I still don't quite understand. Can you pretty please elaborate?
Let's see...if you would like to make something like a chapstick holder, you would first stitch out the design of the pocket. You would take that out of the hoop and cut around the satin stitches. Then, you would hoop another piece of fabric and stitch out the design of the back piece of the holder. Then, you would lay the pocket on the front of that. It would satin stitch all around the outside of that. Then, you'd take it out of the hoop and trim around the satin stitches again. Voila! A chapstick holder! Does that make any sense? swakembroidery.com has a section of "in the hoop" projects that might give you a better idea.

In the spirit of the snow talk and getting closer to the move here is a pic of the boys in October.
th_IMG_7530.jpg
That's the one good thing about snow. The cute snow pictures! Here's one of Tessa in the cool fort that Henry made for the kids a few weeks ago!
Snowfort003_800x528.jpg

Here's another random pic. My boys with 2 cousins and my brother over the summer walking to the park.
th_IMG_5843.jpg
Aw...that is really sweet! I think Sawyer has that brown/orange shirt! What does it have on the front?

Here is the birthday cake that I made for Lydia's 7th birthday:
Snowfort017_637x600.jpg

I looked all over for an astronaut to put on top of it and couldn't find one. I had to dig this one out of my mom's toy box (I cleaned it up first of course):
Snowfort016_800x533.jpg

And I don't know why my pictures are showing up so small. I think maybe because I changed the resolution on my camera. (Now that I am thinking of it, I bet that is what happened)

I experimented and it didn't make a difference :(

It doesn't seem like my pictures USED to be that small.

Has anyone made a zippered pillowcase cover before? Any ideas on the best way to make one? I have to make 4.

Thanks everyone!

Love the stockings!

Heather- very cute cake! And that is a cool snow fort. I hate snow, but I'd play in that for about 10 min!

What was everyone's favorite Christmas present?
bellachair.jpg

Is it snowing anywhere today?
It is here in VERY south central Michigan
Has anyone ever done a Daniel Fast before?
I have no idea what that is :(
Any trips anywhere planned?
We are kicking around going to Chicago during spring break, and of course Disney in December, but we really want to try to get things ready to move so we may have to delay both. :(
What are you sewing right now
Nothing. Soon, I'll have to decide if I need to store my machines and fabric to get the house ready to sell. :(

We probably did...yep we did...I think I spent most of the last part of the summer in a fog!

Get out!!!!! We were married on the 6th of July! We were going to be married on the 8th but we changed it the week of the wedding so we could have a longer vacation! No kidding! We got married in our back yard with just our family and our best friends there so it was no big deal to change it. Now we have the hardest time remembering the date because for months before we would say it was easy...7/8....so that stuck in our heads...so Tim gave me a new ring to match his with our date engraved on the inside, so I have to look at it to remember sometimes.

Where are you staying?

BTW the reason he gave me a new band is becuase my band belonged to my great-grandmother. My grandmother (Katie...whom my Katie is named after) gave it to my great-grandma when she was 11 years old. At 11 she had a job and she saved all of her money so that my great-grandma could have a wedding band. My grandma, Katie died the year before I was born, but my great-grandma lived to be 91 and passed away in 1993. She left the ring to my mom. My first marriage my mom didn't even offer the ring...I think we all knew that was doomed. Then when Tim and I got married she asked Tim if he would like to give it to me. I was thrilled! But, someday I would like for Katie to have it, so Tim already gave me a replacement. Long story, but just thought I would share.

OK, that is just too funny about our wedding dates! Especially that you changed yours to have a longer vacation!! :rotfl:

We're staying at Wilderness Lodge. Have you started customs yet? I'm just getting started!

Very cool story about your ring!

Okay - I can chat to help keep things moving too....

What was everyone's favorite Christmas present?
Is it snowing anywhere today?
Has anyone ever done a Daniel Fast before?
Any trips anywhere planned?
What are you sewing right now - Im making corduroy A lines for Han and Eliz.....

:thumbsup2

My favorite Christmas present? OUR CRUISE! By far! I can't wait to go!

It's NOT snowing here

Never heard of the Daniel Fast

Trips planned - our cruise!

Sewing right now - blankets for project linus! As a matter of fact, I need to get off of the computer and stitch up the last one right now!

Marah I hope you don't have to delay! That is a cute pic of Isabella!

Thanks hon'.

I just keep trying to remind myself that as much as we love Disney- and really NEED a do-over- moving our family is a top priority and we're gonna have to sacrifice some stuff to do it. But it will be more than worth it.

SHANNON, I am home now and have the fabric out.

It is "SHANG HAI" style#E967 by Hoffman California International Fabrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter