Disboutiquers Part 16 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Hey LOOK, I actually sewed something. WOW. And I did it at 1:00 in the morning and if you could see it in person you could totally tell:rotfl2: But she had it for the first day of pre-school and she was very excited. She picked out the pencil fabric all by herself.:cutie:

She woke up at about 2:30 to go to the potty and came in to the kitchen, rubbed her eyes and asked if her new dress was done. So I was glad I stayed up to make it.

023.jpg

don't ask me what's up w/ the weird face.

027.jpg

027.jpg

Remind me what state y'all are in? We hoping to move to Texas. One of these days I'm gonna do a Disboutiquers "Roll Call" and find out how far everyone here is from Dallas/Fort Worth so I'll feel like I already know people there before we move! We're looking at being about 30-45 minutes north of DFW.

I am in Houston..or Friendswood (about 30 miles south of Houston), to be exact.

I am in Houston. Just be prepared for hot summers - which last from April to October! :lmao: I actually thought that Disney in August felt cooler than Houston in August!!! But Dallas does have more "winter" weather - even snow occasionally! And not as humid as Houston.

we just got back from Disney a little over a week ago, and I have to agree that Disney in August felt cooler than in Houston! It felt soooo hot when we return.

They look great, and your girls are adorable.

I added the tutorial on how I make my tiered twirl skirts and tops to my blog - it's a picture tutorial!!

http://my-sweet-sunshine.blogspot.com/

And here's the matching doll set for dd's AG set. (It's what I took picture of for the tute ;) )

th_IMG_5280.jpg

So, so, so cute!!!! I love it, and what a great tutorial.

Love the fashion show..you have been busy sewing!

MORNING!
Love everything that has been posted! I just can't keep up! It doesn't help that I have stopped getting emails when there are posts. I can't figure out why.

I wanted to share a shirt I made for me with one of Heather's designs!
th_IMG_1537.jpg

The partners statue is my al time favorite so I had to have this design. as with all of heathers stuff it stitched out perfectly.

Love it, Marlo!!! I don't get emails anymore either!

I use polyester because I've read that it is supposed to wash better - especially for children's clothing. It's not supposed to bleed or fade. I've not tested that theory, but it was enough to encourage me to buy polyester.

I also use polyester.

oops, the 3rd pic was supposed to be different...:confused3

Okay Mommies and Dad...cry with me! My last baby went to school today!!!! UGH! I balled all the way down the hall! I miss them all so much! I have been at least a Part time SAHM for almost 8 years...I almost feel lost...but wow is my house clean. Tim did take me to the driving range today and out to lunch at K&W...YUM! So all was not bad...10 minutes I leave to go pick them up! YIPEEE!!!!

Oh, Kim...I'm so sorry, but I feel ya on the clean house LOL. I didn't want lily to go to pre k but after 3 days I am kinda glad she's there what a terrible mommy!!! I'm sure you will find more silver linings as time goes on. :thumbsup2
Besides, you can always come get Vi!!!;)

Don't you tempt me like that! I just told Tim this morning it was time for another baby! I'll be in the car before you know it driving to FL!!!!:lmao: I am sure I will figure out how to deal with my free time...somehow!

Do most of you with embroidery machines use the rayon or polyester thread?

The thread I bought and use has always been the polyester.....but I don't know why!

MORNING!
Love everything that has been posted! I just can't keep up! It doesn't help that I have stopped getting emails when there are posts. I can't figure out why.

IMG_1537.jpg

The partners statue is my al time favorite so I had to have this design. as with all of heathers stuff it stitched out perfectly.

I love that too! I know I'm going to use that when the time comes to make my Disney clothes for our spring trip. Can't wait!

I just glimpsed my ticker and realize I only have three months to go until little one #2 is here (and Lauren came 2 weeks early so my time may be even less). I am not ready in the least. Nothing is ready - no crib, no clothes, nothing. Everything is still in boxes n the basement from when we moved last year. EEK. I guess I need to get on Brock to paint the nursery.

I swear I never get anything ready before about 3 weeks out......I just procrastinate I guess!

Hey LOOK, I actually sewed something. WOW. And I did it at 1:00 in the morning and if you could see it in person you could totally tell:rotfl2: But she had it for the first day of pre-school and she was very excited. She picked out the pencil fabric all by herself.:cutie:

She woke up at about 2:30 to go to the potty and came in to the kitchen, rubbed her eyes and asked if her new dress was done. So I was glad I stayed up to make it.

023.jpg

027.jpg

027.jpg

What a cutie! She looks so big!

023.jpg

027.jpg

027.jpg
Look how big she is getting! Love the new dress:)

Okay Mommies and Dad...cry with me! My last baby went to school today!!!! UGH! I balled all the way down the hall! I miss them all so much! I have been at least a Part time SAHM for almost 8 years...I almost feel lost...but wow is my house clean. Tim did take me to the driving range today and out to lunch at K&W...YUM! So all was not bad...10 minutes I leave to go pick them up! YIPEEE!!!!
:hug:
My babies go to school tomorrow. I cry every yr on the 1st day. I am one of those parent who actually realty wishes her kids didn't have to go to school.
Oh and If I asked G for another baby well lets just say he would be on the horn with the drs office so fast!!1:rotfl2:

Hey neighbor! :wave: Where in MS are you? We're in Hattiesburg.

Thanks for the replies. I agree with you ladies...I think I am going to do short sleeves and layer if needed.

We live just south of Jackson in Richland. We are little over an hour from Hattiesburg. My husbands step family lives in Petal.

MORNING!

th_IMG_1537.jpg

That is really neat! I am so jealous of anyone that has an embroidery machine. Sadly, I can't justify the cost. Maybe I'll change my mind once I try hand embroidering.

Just when I thought I had finished all the dresses for our trip in 24 days! I was able to snag an Akershus on Monday! Now I HAVE to have Princess dresses...right?

To those of you who made those wonderful Princess Sundresses...what pattern did you start with? I see some look like Carla C's Simply Sweets... I really wished i had paid more attention to them when I first saw them!

I'm really not very good at making changes to patterns...I know the basics of HOW to do it, just don't have the skill or courage to actually do it.

Any suggestions?

Also, who are we more likely to see? I know it is a rotating thing, and there is no guarantee...but who should I sort of plan for?

Stress and pressure...I LIVE for it! (not really!...although Hubby did ask me what I was going to do after we got back....)

Nini
Haven't been, but have read alot and do plan on going. From what I've read about 99% of the time Belle is the greeter and the princess you get the photo op with. Others include Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, Mulan and Alice (and likely one or two that I'm forgetting). I am so hoping we get Jasmine and Ariel as those are dd's favs. Shannon (Revrob) made
a gorgeous Belle sundress that she posted pics of not long ago. You may want to peek at her on e*s* b/c I think it might be on there. Someone else had done one as well, but I can't recall who.

First day of school here today.
It seems so quiet in the house. Oh the joys of peace and silence!:goodvibes
Firstdayofschoolsecondgrade009.jpg

More photos on FaceBook. But I thought I would share at least one!

Oh Karen, Almighty Cricut Queen, notice the sign? Yes! I did use my CDS and welded all those letters together by myself last night. Whew! I think I finally figured out how to do that!
So cute and love the sign. My kids are lucky if they even get a pic on the first day. I'm just not that organized. Among toting in bagfuls of school supplies the last thing I want to carry is my camera.

And now, I have something to post! I've been too exhausted lately to do much sewing, and adding an hour of exercise back into my daily schedule (finally) is really cutting into the time I used to use to craft, which is both :( and :).

It's nothing big or impressive, but I'm happy with them because it was a major modification of a simple shorts pattern and they came out exactly as I wanted them to and they fit my daughter really well. I made a pair of white eyelet bloomers to go under my DD's Minnie Mouse Halloween costume. No pics of them on her, because that felt oddly like taking pics of my daughter in her underwear! :rotfl:

3859447888_f835740f47.jpg

She tried them on, said they were great and looked like Minnie's, and then said (in true three year old fashion), "Can I take them off now?" I hope they stay on her in October. It'll be cold-ish here and she'll need as many layers as I can get on her!
Very cute and love that you used eyelet.

LOVE this! :love: Where did you find it?

I need some professional opinions...

Our trip is in late Nov/Early Dec. I am planning applique princess shirtsand strip skirts for the girls, but I can't decide if I should do short sleeve or long sleeve. :confused3 They'll be wearing them in the evening for Akershus dinner, and maybe during the day at the park. I could always throw a jacket over S/S until we get there, and I'm worried a L/S might be too warm during the day, but I think its hard to predict the weather then.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
I advise short sleeves, but something you could put over a long sleeve knit shirt. There is no way I'm covering my customs with jackets! I will likely make a little cape for MVMCP though b/c while I want dd to look cute, I am not cruel enough to make her freeze -- well, at least not too much :lmao: I also am bringing leggings galore. I just found some on clearance ($3.50) at Target so got every color they had (black, gray, hot pink, and purple). Even if we don't use them for the trip she highly prefers leggings under dresses at school instead of tights. I also got some brown ones at Walmart, but not on clearance. DS will have thermals along that he can put on under his pants, and I'm trying to mainly bring pants that unzip into shorts for him.

th_023.jpg

th_027.jpg
Looks great! If her hair was just a touch longer I would swear that my child from the back view -- love those curls!

:bride:

How sad for you. Check out the age difference in my second and third child. Now you know why I have Maddie:rotfl:But I have decided when she starts school, I'm going to enjoy it. I won't be having anymore babies.

:bride:

How sad for you. Check out the age difference in my second and third child. Now you know why I have Maddie:rotfl:But I have decided when she starts school, I'm going to enjoy it. I won't be having anymore babies.

I hear ya, sister. When my youngest started school, we headed down the adoption path. Now,a s my husband likes to kid we got "two for the price of one" and they are running me ragged.

I think when the boys both start school, I'm going to sleep for about a decade. By then it will be around grandkids time, so I should be okay.

Or maybe then :rotfl2: I'll just get a puppy!!!

I hear ya, sister. When my youngest started school, we headed down the adoption path. Now,a s my husband likes to kid we got "two for the price of one" and they are running me ragged.

I think when the boys both start school, I'm going to sleep for about a decade. By then it will be around grandkids time, so I should be okay.

Or maybe then :rotfl2: I'll just get a puppy!!!

Tooooo funy!!1

When my youngest bio daughter was a senior in high school we got the two little ones that we still have at home. Then, two years ago we got our one and only grand daughter. I have a 7 year old,(home school) an 8 year old,(home school) a two year old,(baby sit) three dogs and an occasional husband at home each and every day! My husband remarked just yesterday, wouldn't it have been easier to have just gotten a puppy??!!??

Nini

Our trip is in late Nov/Early Dec. I am planning applique princess shirtsand strip skirts for the girls, but I can't decide if I should do short sleeve or long sleeve. :confused3 They'll be wearing them in the evening for Akershus dinner, and maybe during the day at the park. I could always throw a jacket over S/S until we get there, and I'm worried a L/S might be too warm during the day, but I think its hard to predict the weather then.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
I agree with the previous posters who recommended short sleeves with jackets or sweaters.

023.jpg

027.jpg

She looks like such a big Girl!! That dress is adorable.

MORNING!

th_IMG_1537.jpg

Very cute! You must be tiny! ;)
I just glimpsed my ticker and realize I only have three months to go until little one #2 is here (and Lauren came 2 weeks early so my time may be even less). I am not ready in the least. Nothing is ready - no crib, no clothes, nothing. Everything is still in boxes n the basement from when we moved last year. EEK. I guess I need to get on Brock to paint the nursery.
Don't stress out too much. :hug:

First day of school here today.
It seems so quiet in the house. Oh the joys of peace and silence!:goodvibes
th_Firstdayofschoolsecondgrade009.jpg

More photos on FaceBook. But I thought I would share at least one!
I commented on facebook, but just had to say how much I love your sign idea! My local quilt shop has that fabric. I think I might need some now. It looks so pretty on her!
th_3859447888_f835740f47.jpg

She tried them on, said they were great and looked like Minnie's, and then said (in true three year old fashion), "Can I take them off now?" I hope they stay on her in October. It'll be cold-ish here and she'll need as many layers as I can get on her!
Very cute!!

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Did I get your attention???

I have a Viking Sapphire 830. I need to replace the cord that goes to the foot control. Not the whole foot control just the cord. I took my machine into the shop two weeks ago and today I found out the cord is back ordered until September 25th!!!!! Holy Crap!!!!

If anyone knows where I can get this cord I would really appreciate it. I am finding a lot of the Viking dealers do not have the cord in stock. I would love to buy it online if I could just find where to do so.
Oh no... That seems kind of strange that the cord is backordered! That is kind of an important thing. I have no ideas other than calling every Viking dealership you can find. Maybe you could post an ISO on SewItsForSale yahoo group?

Aww! What a cutie! :lovestruc

Aww! :hug:
Is that what it takes to keep your house clean?? Have all the kiddos at school? I only have one though, so I should probably have it spotless at all times anyhow. :sad2:

LOVE this! :love: Where did you find it?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

We went a couple years ago in the beginning of Dec. It was warm most days and got cool at night. But, one day it was freezing! My hubby, who never gets cold, bought a $50 sweatshirt because he could not take it anymore. I warned him to bring a sweatshirt! So I would say layers.

Rather then spend the money on Babylegs(20) a pop! You can make them! Take women's knee highs and just cut off the foot! You can put a stretch stitch on the cut off part and turn it over to make a hem, or just leave it. There are instructions on Flickr on how to turn the foot into a cuff for the bottom. I made leg warmers for DD5 and 'babylegs' for DD2 (baby at the time) this way. It works great because you can get seasonal ones, etc.

Here is another link I found with similar instructions, she used a serger, but I did not...http://christynelson.net/blog/2009/01/learn-how-to-make-baby-legs-legwarmers.html
I made these last year for Jen and she is 8. She got so much attention when she was wearing them. I did red and white and green and white ones and they had the little light thingys on them.

On the YCMT.com subject: When I first saw the patterns I didn't think that the price was justified, but then I bought a couple and that was it. I love :love: them. I now only buy ebooks and Euro patterns, because I can keep using them over and over again. Whenever a new one comes out I am so quick to get it. They are only a few of the clothing ones that I don't have. They are well worth the price.

I hate to drive-by but I have been looking, love all the back to school stuff! If you've read my facebook we lost the leggings that went with Megan's top. I am still trying to find them!

Now I am making 20 chair pockets for a favorite teacher. So I wrote instructions for how to do them in case any of you all are as crazy as I am!

Click on the picture for the quick instructions. Back to sewing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!